Rumor: Mass Effect 3 heading to the Wii U

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by KingVamp, Oct 18, 2011.

Oct 18, 2011
  1. KingVamp
    OP

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]Source

2. chris888222

Member chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Singapore
    Well, I wouldn't be too surprised if it were true.

3. awssk8er

Member awssk8er GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    That sounds awesome. I never played the first one much, but didn't really love it as much as other people did.

Glad the WiiU is getting some awesome third party.

4. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    Wouldn't surprise me.

On a somewhat related note, they took steps to make Mass Effect 2 bearable to play...I sure hope ME3 takes further steps to be enjoyable.
    If it's on the WiiU...I wonder if it'll use the controller in an interesting way.

5. Valwin

Banned Valwin The Neautral Gamer

United States
    was this not a microsoft exclusive ?

6. Hyro-Sama

Member Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

Japan
    FUCK NO! PLEASE NO!!!!

7. LINK289

Newcomer LINK289 Advanced Member

Canada
    Well I don't know how awkward the controls would be with the slider pads on the controller. Still, I support this because I want ME 3 to be as successful as possible.

Also if you think about it... Mass Effect 1 - Exclusive to Xbox, Mass Effect 2 - Xbox and PS3, Mass Effect 3 - Xbox, PS3, and Wii U

I would definitely love it if they later made a decent Mass Effect game for the 3DS and Vita

8. Forstride

Member Forstride The rudder moves when I turn the wheel

United States
    Why not? More platforms allow for a larger fanbase. Oh, wait, don't tell me...You're a Nintendo hater. Especially since you didn't give a reason, and felt the need to rage about it out of nowhere.

I'm not a fan of the ME series (Never played any of the games, so I can't really judge), but it would be nice if it happens, as I hear the games are quite awesome, and those who can only get one of the next-gen consoles will be able to play it.

9. sputnix

Member sputnix GBAtemp Fan

Bangladesh
    pc has all 3

I don't see the point of a wii U version, the best part of ME is the continuation of the story so starting with ME3 would ruin that experience. While they would include something to choose different parts of the story, it would still ruin the experience of creating your own custom story as you didn't play the plot points.

10. KingVamp
    OP

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    I think he is hating on the game,not Nintendo...

Just like it seem for the people who played it on the ps3, people want to play it regardless is the point.

I didn't think the slide pads would be that awkward. (If at all)

If you look through the official extranet, there is other games with Next Gen on it.

Never play this game before, so I have no input on this game.

11. CyborGamer

Member CyborGamer GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Good news imo, I recall them adding co-op in this one which would hopefully mean some decent splitscreen action. I've got a few friends who love the series so it'd be great to play it together. It'd better have splitscreen!

12. gokujr1000

Member gokujr1000 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    Seems like everything is being somewhat ported to the Wii-U. And it hasn't even got a release date yet.

13. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Playing Mass Effect 2 without playing Mass Effect is already a big downer.

Playing Mass Effect 3 without 2 and 1 is incredibly stupid.

Not even Mass Effect 2 was a Microsoft exclusive. The publisher of Mass Effect got changed from Microsoft to EA for ME2 and ME3.

EDIT: Coming from a Mass Effect lover, I think anyone who would wait for this on the WiiU is a big retard. Arkham City is one thing. Buying the third game in a series incredibly centered on following your past games (meaning importing your character and what not) without being able to play or import the last two games is just utter shit. Touch screen or not, this will most definitely be the worst version of the game. Period.

1 person likes this.
  14. chartube12

Member chartube12 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    No achievement system of some kind still means, no wii u purchase for me. I also highly doubt we're really gonna see 3rd party support beyond 360/PS3 ports. After the 3DS start-up flop and the Wii disaster, Nintendo is dead to me. The Wii U is going to be another dreamcast.

15. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Little FYI, a lot of people claim the Dreamcast was ahead of its time and has many great games. Some of Sega's most famous franchises spawned from there (Jet Set/Grind Radio, Sonic Adventure, Shenmue, etc). It was also like the first home console to support online play.

16. chartube12

Member chartube12 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I know that. But Sega still did things wrong and lost over 90% of japan sales.

17. Master Mo

Member Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Germany
    I think it would make sense, since they did the same thing with the PS3 version. So I guess they will enhance the game and also ship it with a summary of the first two games...

I also think it could be interesting how they use the tablet-controller. I would be happy if either they use it for aiming (yeah, I`m one of those who prefer mouse+kb, wiimote/move and touchscreen-aiming in contrary to dual-analog :P) or to give squad-commands (like with an overhead map on the touchscreen and you just point or drag where you want your member to attack or move).

18. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    I doubt it, unless they are going to port at least Mass Effect 1. After all, the games are built around the rich, continuous narrative - it was awkward enough when they ported ME2 to the PS3 with only a comic to loosely fill in the details of the first game. Now imagine them having to do that with both of the previous games; it wouldn't even be worth it at that point.

19. awssk8er

Member awssk8er GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I thought the Dreamcast was really good. Amazing for it's time. I think it failed mostly because of piracy, because you could burn games and just play them.

20. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    Well, that, along with Sega's poor reputation hindering the console (it's hard to recover your image after the Sega CD, the Sega 32X, the resounding failure of the Saturn, etc.) and competition from the wildly popular PS2.