[Rumor] Inside Source talks about potential SEGA PC ports for 2016

hqdefault.jpg
For the past few years, SEGA has been thriving on the PC market, with excellent ports of games like Valkyria Chronicles, Sonic and SEGA All Stars Racing, and many others. With the release of Sonic Lost World, SEGA claimed that it was "the latest in a string of high quality PC ports of past SEGA titles that we will be building on"

SEGA news site TSSZ says that an "inside source" has told them SEGA has many titles that are "high priority" to be ported to Steam. Games such as Yakuza 0, Vanquish, Resonance of Fate, titles in the Project Diva franchise, Virtua Fighter 5, and Sonic Colors.

They also told TSSZ that titles such as Sonic Heroes, Valkyria: Azure Revolution, Sonic Unleashed are being considered internally at SEGA for a western PC release.

Finally, the last thing that this source claims, is that SEGA of America has been urging Atlus to put their games on PC, but the Japanese company is reluctant, and resisting SEGA's request.

:arrow: Source

gamecaptor

R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Publishers are finally starting to see the value in PC. It's a market that never goes away (and as of the last few years has only been growing). Unlike the console market you have to "retool" an old game each time you want to re-release it on the next generation. PC, generally speaking, is generation-less (or at least requires much less work to keep it working). Not to mention the community it outstanding and incredibly resourceful. Personally I'm glad to see more games coming to PC.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Catastrophic

Perfectly Normal
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm glad to see more and more developers porting titles to PC, old or new. I'm not particularly interested in most of the SEGA games except Valkyria Chronicles and Sonic Heroes(It's great. Shut up). I hope they decide to release the sequels to Valkyria as well. As far as Sonic goes, there are many good games out there that are simply better, like Freedom Planet.

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hmm... I remember already reading something like this on another site. Maybe on Sonic Retro.
You know what I would like for Sega to port on the pc? Jet Set Radio Future. I've played the original when it came out on ps3,
but I don't really want to buy an original xbox just for one game. (even if there are a few interesting games in for that console)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
That's if they port the Arcade versions of it, but the rumors say its Diva series.
Its either the old PSP games, the new one on PS3 or the newest that will come out in Fall for the PS4.
I just want to think that its Diva X but i doubt it lol
Same difference if they use the same engine, which they likely do (with some modifications). Most other assets are practically copy-paste-able, it's the code that matters.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Same difference if they use the same engine, which they likely do (with some modifications). Most other assets are practically copy-paste-able, it's the code that matters.
Gotta fix myself, Arcade is in the Diva series but still Arcade,F and the PSP games use different engines.
F uses the Future Engine and the PSP games use the Alchemy engine so i doubt copy pasting content from one engine to another would work.
Easiest would be to port Arcade Future Note because its running on real PC hardware minus the custom made mobo (GTX 660, i3, 4 GB RAM and Windows 8.1 iirc).

mario5555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skies of Arcadia HD maybe?

Yes Please. With Sugar on Top too. Add the additions from the Gamecube version with the awesome music from the Dreamcast Version equals PERFECTION.

And I didn't know that a subsidiary (Atlus) could refuse the parent companies request (Sega of Japan). That's a new one to me.

Reactions: Nyteshade714

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill