[Rumor] Inside Source talks about potential SEGA PC ports for 2016

hqdefault.jpg
For the past few years, SEGA has been thriving on the PC market, with excellent ports of games like Valkyria Chronicles, Sonic and SEGA All Stars Racing, and many others. With the release of Sonic Lost World, SEGA claimed that it was "the latest in a string of high quality PC ports of past SEGA titles that we will be building on"

SEGA news site TSSZ says that an "inside source" has told them SEGA has many titles that are "high priority" to be ported to Steam. Games such as Yakuza 0, Vanquish, Resonance of Fate, titles in the Project Diva franchise, Virtua Fighter 5, and Sonic Colors.

They also told TSSZ that titles such as Sonic Heroes, Valkyria: Azure Revolution, Sonic Unleashed are being considered internally at SEGA for a western PC release.

Finally, the last thing that this source claims, is that SEGA of America has been urging Atlus to put their games on PC, but the Japanese company is reluctant, and resisting SEGA's request.

:arrow: Source

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If they really release a PC port of Sonic Colors(HD + Modding), Yakuza 0 and Project Diva, I'll buy them ASAP. It's always good to see more games being ported to the PC.
Also if they manage to make ATLUS port their games to PC, it will be amazing, playing Persona 5 on it would be way better than playing the PS3 port for sure. :P
I wonder if they'll port the PS3/360 version or the PS2/Wii version of Sonic Unleashed, probably the former. Maybe I'll play it instead of the PS2/Wii version as always.

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
I bet that the latter games won't see a port on Steam. Sonic Generations got a pretty big mod that ported the daytime levels of Unleashed, in other words, the best part of the game. Although Sonic Heroes has a PC port, which would be easy to get onto Steam.
Either way, I'm with @Vanth88, there's a pretty good Jet Set Radio port on PC, it'd be really cool if we could see a Jet Set Radio Future port. I mean, it's on the OG Xbox, which has a similar architecture to PCs, how difficult would it be to port?

henn64

I don't know what I'm doing with my life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Port Colo(u)rs and Unleashed and the mostly-Hedgehog Engine superfecta will finally be complete!
The Unleashed Project can only do so much, and I hope both get a 60 fps port

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
As far as Project Diva is concerned, SEGA wouldn't even have to try hard to release the games on PC - they're already running on SEGA's RingWide/RingEdge/Nu arcade machines which are basically Intel i-Core powered PC's.

StriderVM

Trophies
XP
Country
Finally a game series that is deserving to be played on PC finally happens (Yakuza) .....

Now please when it happens please let people know? Like to marketing and stuff? =/

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Vanquish is all I need Sega.
Wait, no! Sega, don't just port your games! Start localizing your japan only games too!
*hint*hintÜPhantasy Star Nova PSV,PS4 & PC release*hint*hint*
Let me throw money on you damn it!

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
As far as Project Diva is concerned, SEGA wouldn't even have to try hard to release the games on PC - they're already running on SEGA's RingWide/RingEdge/Nu arcade machines which are basically Intel i-Core powered PC's.
That's if they port the Arcade versions of it, but the rumors say its Diva series.
Its either the old PSP games, the new one on PS3 or the newest that will come out in Fall for the PS4.
I just want to think that its Diva X but i doubt it lol

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's if they port the Arcade versions of it, but the rumors say its Diva series.
Its either the old PSP games, the new one on PS3 or the newest that will come out in Fall for the PS4.
I can't believe the finally have Ms. Pumpkin (i've been kinda obsessed with that song for like a long, long time

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Already got a few aids they help me +1