[RUMOR] CoD: Black Ops 2 in development

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sniped fanboism

I love how you use sarcasm and meme pics to insult me.

What have they REALLY changed other then some stages and gamemodes? TF2 has added new maps and gamemodes and they didn't need more then one game for that. So tell me what truely makes the games different. Its one thing to like a game for all its faults its another thing to come and insult others because they don't.

Oh yes, because you've never resulted to insults at all.

Its not a sequel if it can be DLC dumbass.

Oh, right.

First of all, TF2 has no campaign of any sort. Creating a campaign (From writing the script, planning the layout of levels, getting the character animations to look smooth and natural, etc.) takes serious time, effort, and resources to develop. Couple that with the extra time put on the other game modes (Treyarch and Black Ops, for example: at launch, Zombies, Dead Ops Arcade, a full port of Zork, and the addition of bots through Combat Training) along with the revamped multiplayer, and it all quickly adds up.

Team Fortress 2's add ons aren't nearly as extensive (Not saying that's bad by any means, but there is a clear difference). Plus, the costs are offset by a) Valve owning the service that it the game is distributed through, and B) the cash brought in by the Mann Co. store (Keys, Hats, Weapons, etc.).

I also don't know where you got the impression that I'm here to insult people for the crime of having different opinions on a series I just generally like. I have no problem with somebody not liking a game, as long as they present valid, supported reasons. I only take issue with people disliking it for stupid reasons (Like criticizing a game and/or series without actually playing it because it's the cool thing to do now).

And before I finish up here, "fanboism"? I don't know where you got the idea that "Annoyance over bandwagon hatred of a series = Fanboy obsession", but you're sadly mistaken. Or is it just the case that it's easier to cry "fanboy" than to think through intelligent responses?

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sniped fanboism

I love how you use sarcasm and meme pics to insult me.

What have they REALLY changed other then some stages and gamemodes? TF2 has added new maps and gamemodes and they didn't need more then one game for that. So tell me what truely makes the games different. Its one thing to like a game for all its faults its another thing to come and insult others because they don't.

Oh yes, because you've never resulted to insults at all.

Its not a sequel if it can be DLC dumbass.

Oh, right.

First of all, TF2 has no campaign of any sort. Creating a campaign (From writing the script, planning the layout of levels, getting the character animations to look smooth and natural, etc.) takes serious time, effort, and resources to develop. Couple that with the extra time put on the other game modes (Treyarch and Black Ops, for example: at launch, Zombies, Dead Ops Arcade, a full port of Zork, and the addition of bots through Combat Training) along with the revamped multiplayer, and it all quickly adds up.

Team Fortress 2's add ons aren't nearly as extensive (Not saying that's bad by any means, but there is a clear difference). Plus, the costs are offset by a) Valve owning the service that it the game is distributed through, and B) the cash brought in by the Mann Co. store (Keys, Hats, Weapons, etc.).

I also don't know where you got the impression that I'm here to insult people for the crime of having different opinions on a series I just generally like. I have no problem with somebody not liking a game, as long as they present valid, supported reasons. I only take issue with people disliking it for stupid reasons (Like criticizing a game and/or series without actually playing it because it's the cool thing to do now).

And before I finish up here, "fanboism"? I don't know where you got the idea that "Annoyance over bandwagon hatred of a series = Fanboy obsession", but you're sadly mistaken. Or is it just the case that it's easier to cry "fanboy" than to think through intelligent responses?

My good man, I am not hoping on any bandwagon. I have played CoD games and most before WaW I liked but what I don't understand is how you can whole heartedly come.in and basically say there's some radical difference where there's not. Now, I'm not flat out saying its a BAD GAME for that (is Pokemon a BAD GAME because very little changes between their games?). I'm saying that when you repeatedly ignore a flat out fact about a game because you like it it IS being a fanboy. Nothing wrong with that. But I just ask WHY you choose to put time and energy into denial and bad insults I cant fathom. Its repeative. Some don't like it because of that. Get over.it.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I saying there's absolutely no similarities between games? No, of course not. Is each new game a revolution in terms of gameplay? Absolutely not (Then again, you could say that about most sequels anyway). However, there's more than enough different with each new game to, at the very least, justify them being released to retail the way they are; I have backed this up repeatedly. That isn't ignoring the facts; that's addressing the reality.

There is nothing wrong or irrational with being irritated when seeing people (or Armchair Critics, as I like to call them) bashing a game series for poorly thought out and unsubstantiated (i.e. not playing a game before criticizing it as if one was an expert) reasons. If I see it, I'm going to point it out. (If the majority of these complaints about repetition had been from experience with the games, then that wouldn't be an issue. This isn't a hard concept to grasp.)

And you're still harping on the insults thing? So calling someone a dumbass for countering a point of yours is totally fine, but a picture and sarcasm (The horror!) somehow crosses the line?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Interesting lol