Hardware Rubber Footing Fell Off

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
NamoNakamura said:
Guys, it's a game console, not some sort of thing you're supposed to treat with love and respect
so you don't love and/or respect things that you shell out $200+ for?

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Guys, there's nothing wrong with keeping a 3DS in your pocket, case or not. The feet aren't supposed to fall off that easily, so it's obviously trouble with the feet, not the way he carries it.

D

Deleted-188346

stanlec said:
Snailface said:
Vulpes Abnocto said:
I'll never carry something that expensive in my pocket.
With all the available bags and cases and protectors for the DS line there's no excuse for not protecting your investment some better way than shoving it in your pocket and walking around town.
Exactly. I carry mine in a 3-year old DS lite case -- works just fine. If you don't have one of those, you can order one from a Chinese site for like two bucks.

Doesn't it defeat the purpose of the Portable system if you have cases and bags with you 24/7? Sure i understand times when you would use a bag or such but the 3DS IS a portable system at the end of the day and I want to be able to have my 3DS in my pocket.
No.
The reason that portable handhelds are called as such, is because the alternative is home consoles. Putting a protective case on your 3DS does not then transform the 3DS into a home console.
It just takes an extra 5 seconds to get your 3DS out.

Icealote

My Winter...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Vulpes Abnocto said:
I'll never carry something that expensive in my pocket.
With all the available bags and cases and protectors for the DS line there's no excuse for not protecting your investment some better way than shoving it in your pocket and walking around town.

I agree. If I plan to take it out and about, I put the effort with the crystal armor, zip it in a case and put it in my bag where there's a cushion section. I haven't seen a 3DS advertisement where they put it in their pockets. I always see them chucking it the smaller pockets of bags and such (or making those ridiculous faces with it outside) o.O

thedjstig

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eon-Rider said:
I've been pleased with my 3DS so far apart from some connection issues until today. One of the two rubber feet on the bottom fell off and I have no idea what it went. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

If you don't know what it is, it's the little bump thing near the L and R buttons that stops the 3DS from sliding along slippery surfaces.

This has happened 2 me, i got my 3ds @ the launch. My 3ds has a "Flip & Play" case and is either in the case or in the charging cradle. I really look after my 3ds and touch wood, it hasn't been dropped yet, I no that this sounds a bit sad but my 3ds is my pride and joy and the fact that this foot has fallen off is pissing me off.
None of you can say that it has fallen off 'cause of us not looking after the consols.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I didn't even realise it had feet that could come off.
Mine has 2 tiny molded plastic protrusions and two elongated rectangular rubber pads that look impossible to remove.

Eon-Rider

OP
Trophies
Website
www.kablooza.co.cc
XP
Country
I got my 3DS back after a month after sending it in. I can't believe people are still posting in this thread to be honest.

All is good now. I don't care about how ridiculous my complaint was. If something goes wrong with my device after just one week of ownership with reasonable treatment I think I do have the right to complain. It's not like I threw my 3DS at the ground. I'm sure others carry their 3DS in their pockets and Nintendo should've designed the 3DS to sustain any pulls and tugs that may come from it. Stop telling me to get a damn case.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Eon-Rider said:
I got my 3DS back after a month after sending it in. I can't believe people are still posting in this thread to be honest.

All is good now. I don't care about how ridiculous my complaint was. If something goes wrong with my device after just one week of ownership with reasonable treatment I think I do have the right to complain. It's not like I threw my 3DS at the ground. I'm sure others carry their 3DS in their pockets and Nintendo should've designed the 3DS to sustain any pulls and tugs that may come from it. Stop telling me to get a damn case.
I wear my 3ds inside my pockets every single day and have been since launch. nothing has fallen apart yet.

D

Deleted User

That build quality is ASS i tell you. *shuffles off with smudged, lined screen*

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
I looked at this thread a while ago and mine was fine, I just checked now... and one of them is gone!
My 3DS was going awesome up to then! No floppy hinge, no scratches from bottom screen, mic working fine.
Its not the worst thing though. Could be a lot worse. Dont know if you can buy a replacement.. Probably not.

After reading what most users are saying about "Not treating it well", I'll just lay the record straight now, my 3DS is ALWAYS kept in a travel case whenever I take it anywhere, and after I use it, I put it back in, unless it needs charging. Sadly, the rubber footing isnt to be found in either of those places, and I cant find a replacement part online, (Cant say I'm suprised)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo