RTS on wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by doctormj, Nov 16, 2008.

1. doctormj
    OP

doctormj Member

Newcomer
    May 19, 2008
    Anyone know of any RTS games (besides worms, according to ign) announced for wii? Seems like an ideal platform but can't find anything

2. Oreoz

Oreoz GBAtemp Regular

Nov 10, 2008
    United States
    USA
    You are right, RTS would be awsome for the wii i think, Would be nice to see a command and conquer or something. I hope they do release one, i have not heard anything about one thoe

3. Reser

Reser GBAtemp Regular

Jun 8, 2007
    I would hope for a version of Advance Wars, I would think it would be inevitable.. I would hope..

Most RTS are way too fast paced to keep up with a wii remote to be honest, so advance wars would be perfect.

4. Hadrian

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    There is already one called Defendin' de Penguin, but I heard its crappy. SimCity Creator I guess you can call a RTS but its not good sadly.

There is one coming to WiiWare and it looks like its gonna be great. Its called Swords & Soldiers:
    http://www.wiiware-world.com/games/wiiware...ds_and_soldiers

There is also the remake of Pikmin out next year & Spore has yet to be cancelled.

Not exactly what you wanted I guess.

5. p1ngpong

p1ngpong Unamused frog

Former Staff
    Apr 18, 2008
    Croatia
    DS Scene
    Funilly enough I never considered that, an RTS would be awesome on the Wii, its better suited for one then any other console!

Someone needs to get on that!

6. Rebound

Rebound GBAtemp Fan

Jan 31, 2008
    Isnt Battalion Wars an RTS?

7. doctormj
    OP

doctormj Member

Newcomer
    May 19, 2008
    Well an RTS/action hybrid, i was more thinking in terms of an isometric rts like command and conquer etc.