Any help appreciated...
20240125-181826.gif

Doctorbeefy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Upload a picture of your ribbon cables under the shield. It looks like *== when I first did my v2 mod I was getting that and it ended up being a short on the ribbon cable.

Ferz1984

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Upload a picture of your ribbon cables under the shield. It looks like *== when I first did my v2 mod I was getting that and it ended up being a short on the ribbon cable.
Should i try without the flex cable ? Just with wires? I have checked all the contacts with my multimeter and i get good readings..

Attachments

• 17062004058027211318709426266934.jpg
    17062004058027211318709426266934.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 12

Doctorbeefy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it boot into OFW?
Post automatically merged:

Also, just noticed in your video (was better quality than the first) that its *=* I found this

However, I am not sure if this is the same issue or not seeing it's a different board.

*== No eMMC CMD1 request (poor wiring, or dead CPU)
** RST is not connected
*= CMD is not connected
=* D0 is not connected
== CLK is not connected
*** No eMMC CMD1 responce (bad eMMC?)
**= No eMMC block 1 read (should not happen)
*=* No eMMC block 0 read (eMMC init failure?)
*== No eMMC CMD1 request (poor wiring, or dead CPU)
=** eMMC init failure during glitch process
=*= CPU never reach BCT check, should not happen
==* CPU always reach BCT check (no glitch reaction, check
mosfet)
=== Glitch attempt limit reached, cannot glitch
=*** eMMC init failure
=**= eMMC write failure - comparison failed
=*=* eMMC write failure - write failed
=*== eMMC test failure - read failed
==** eMMC read failed during firmware update
==*= BCT copy failed - write failure
===* BCT copy failed - comparison failure
==== BCT copy failed - read failure

Got this from here: https://github.com/Ansem-SoD/Picofl...b132fc73b9153fe07d605f8/PicoFlyGuideV.6.2.pdf

Last edited by Doctorbeefy,

Ferz1984

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Does it boot into OFW?
Post automatically merged:

Also, just noticed in your video (was better quality than the first) that its *=* I found this

However, I am not sure if this is the same issue or not seeing it's a different board.

No i have a corrupted nand chip... I have replace it and i want to boot to hekate to restore the backup to new chip..

Doctorbeefy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No i have a corrupted nand chip... I have replace it and i want to boot to hekate to restore the backup to new chip..
That might be the issue, as from your error code, it looks like this: *=* No eMMC block 0 read (eMMC init failure?)

You might have to use some other tool to write to the nand then try to boot into it. IIRC, there is some sort of USB tool to do this, but I have no idea if it would work for this case.

I think your mod is fine; the issue is it cannot access block 0 and maybe the rest, which is why it won't boot.

Ferz1984

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
So i have an update....
Finally, the nand stencils arrived so i reball the original nand chip to give it a try, i solder it back and now i have a blue light trying to glitch and after 40 -50 seconds turns to white and again blue flashing about 40-50 secs and 3 yellow at the end and stops... 1 long 2 shorts. (The video is on 2x speed)

evil_santa

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So i have an update....
Finally, the nand stencils arrived so i reball the original nand chip to give it a try, i solder it back and now i have a blue light trying to glitch and after 40 -50 seconds turns to white and again blue flashing about 40-50 secs and 3 yellow at the end and stops... 1 long 2 shorts. (The video is on 2x speed)

Hmm emmc init failure.
Try to reball your new emmc and try with them.
If it's doesn't work you can send them to me (Germany) I could also upgrade your emmc to 256gb.

Ferz1984

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hmm emmc init failure.
Try to reball your new emmc and try with them.
If it's doesn't work you can send them to me (Germany) I could also upgrade your emmc to 256gb.
The problem is that i don't have a programmer to write the image... I have kept Boot 0 , Boot 1 and a whole image of the original nand... I have tried the new emmc and nothing....it gives me yellow light error...not even trying to glitch...

evil_santa

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The problem is that i don't have a programmer to write the image... I have kept Boot 0 , Boot 1 and a whole image of the original nand... I have tried the new emmc and nothing....it gives me yellow light error...not even trying to glitch...
i don't understand it, i did exactly the same with a brand new 256gb emmc and it was working.
hmm who knows
do you have a V1/V2 switch with a emmc daughter board?
you could solder the emmc to this board and write the boot 0/1.
or you send me your backup and i write it to an 64gb chip and send it to you if you want. 5€ + shipping if it doesn't work you get the money back.

Last edited by evil_santa,

Ferz1984

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
i don't understand it, i did exactly the same with a brand new 256gb emmc and it was working.
hmm who knows
do you have a V1/V2 switch with a emmc daughter board?
you could solder the emmc to this board and write the boot 0/1.
or you send me your backup and i write it to an 64gb chip and send it to you if you want. 5€ + shipping if it doesn't work you get the money back.
I will order a new 64 GB chip from Ali just to be sure it will be ok... because the old one has had too much heat... I will send you also the 128 GB to see if you can also write the image there.... maybe I ruined it also... (I don't know...) so I have to wait for the chip and I will contact you for the rest...
But some users here say that you cannot boot to Hekate if your emmc chip is completely blank and hasn't the boot 0 or 1 partition on it ... I don't know who is right..

evil_santa

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I will order a new 64 GB chip from Ali just to be sure it will be ok... because the old one has had too much heat... I will send you also the 128 GB to see if you can also write the image there.... maybe I ruined it also... (I don't know...) so I have to wait for the chip and I will contact you for the rest...
But some users here say that you cannot boot to Hekate if your emmc chip is completely blank and hasn't the boot 0 or 1 partition on it ... I don't know who is right..
I have 3 different 256gb emmc here (new) and 1 64gb from a new console (did the mod on a new one)
I can write your backup to one of these and send it to you.
As I said 64gb 5€ and 256gb 80€.
Shipping to Greece from Germany isn't expensive.

I don't know why it does not work on other guy's consoles but for me I had any problems.

Attachments

• IMG_20240128_132713615_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240128_132713615_HDR.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20240128_132221810.jpg
    IMG_20240128_132221810.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 15

Ferz1984

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I have 3 different 256gb emmc here (new) and 1 64gb from a new console (did the mod on a new one)
I can write your backup to one of these and send it to you.
As I said 64gb 5€ and 256gb 80€.
Shipping to Greece from Germany isn't expensive.

I don't know why it does not work on other guy's consoles but for me I had any problems.
ok, that's nice I will send you a pm... let's go for the 64 GB I will upload the image on my Google Drive..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
  • Sheeba- @ Sheeba-:
    I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro
    Sheeba- @ Sheeba-: I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro