Gaming Router Recommendations

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been spending the last hour reading different router specifications looking for one that has good reviews and I fail to find one where I can use both N and G wireless connectivity with getting mainly good posts.

I'm not really concerned with one that is easy to set up, I'll be willing to put the effort to figure out how to set up any router if anyone can recommend a good router that can do both G and N at the same time. If that is not possible, I'll be willing to settle for just a good G router.

Thanks in advance!

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet! No problems with running G/N concurrently? Also, does it have a modem built in because the router that I have that has crapped out has a modem built in and I don't have a modem.

Thanks for the recommendation!

0ddity

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It doesn't have a DSL or Cable modem built in, it's just the wireless router. I've had no problems running N/G concurrently, my desktop uses a G nic, and my wife's laptop uses N, and they both get decent coverage all through the house and even garage with the router in the basement. As for the modem, you'll have to buy that separate, or you'll need to get a different router with one built in. It shouldn't be hard to find a used wired cable or dsl modem on something like Craigslist for cheap.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks 0ddity, I will look for a modem!

Looking for DSL router. I never had any experience with DD-wrt or tomato firmware. I'll look into those.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*