Router Compatibility

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by Coru, Jul 13, 2006.

Jul 13, 2006

Router Compatibility by Coru at 12:45 AM (1,378 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Coru
    OP

Newcomer Coru Member

Featured Posts:
    Canada
    There are many versions of the DI-524. I'm not sure if this one is compatible with the DS. See link below! I saw one in the store like that, and I wasn't sure if it was the A, C1 or B1 version. I didn't see any indication of the version on the box. Any insight would be apreciated.

http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=316&sec=0

2. Heinrisch

Member Heinrisch GBAtemp Regular

Featured Posts:
    Sweden
    I think pretty much all routers are supported by the DS, unless you buy "n" or have some hax0r decryption. Couldn't find a better word.. sry [​IMG]

3. dmaister

Newcomer dmaister Member

Featured Posts:
    I purchased the A revision, took me a while to figure it out but i got it working, mainly because my dsl modem is a router so i had to mess with that also. If you need help, just ask.

4. Zelion

Zelion Newbie

Not all routers are supported by the DS, http://www.nintendowifi.com actually has a compatibility list. Mine didn't work, but then again I dont even use the router and gave it back to my friend.

5. mrdoubleb

Newcomer mrdoubleb Newbie

Featured Posts:
    Netherlands
    they say Belkin F5D7231-4 isnt supported but it works cos i have one and my friends ds connected just fine.

6. drfreeman

Newcomer drfreeman Member

Featured Posts:
    I am using DI-524 and it works great with my DS.

I think that the compatibility list on NintendoWiFi page is more like a list of certified (tested) hardware. I cannot think of any reason why some of IEEE 802.11 routers might be incompatible with DS. Maybe the network configuration could lead to incompatibility, but not the router itself.

7. squall3031

Member squall3031 GBAtemp Regular

Featured Posts:
    Australia
    I got a wireless router GIGAFAST WF719-CAPR from a chinese seller. At first, i thought i got tricked by him because its adapter uses 110 V while in Australia, we use 240 Volt. And at that time, i thought i bought a wireless ADSL modem, turned out to be wireless router.

And then someone from aus forum told me he could make a 240 V adapter for the router plus supply me with adsl modem speedtouch 530 (usb + 1 port RJ45 ) for 15 bucks altogether, so wat the heck...it sounds like a good bargain to me.

And then after i got the stuffs, and configured everything, turned out that i could play my NDS lite online ^^; so happy ^^;

by the way, my wireless router is 802.11b/g (thats what it says on the box)

8. tolax

Newcomer tolax Advanced Member

Featured Posts:
    United States
    only issue I had with my Linksys is on the wireless setting I had to change it from Long Preamble (default) to Short Preamble.

All worked fine after that.

tolax

9. omegatr0n

Member omegatr0n GBAtemp Regular

Featured Posts:
    anyone have a wireless CARD to recommend...I rather not get a router because tis just another thing i have to have under my computer
    Ill be shopping newegg

10. lookout

Member lookout GBAtemp Board Room

Featured Posts:
    United Kingdom
    I used belkin F5D7230 4/a router it work need to change setting & bit of trick:

update firmware belkin F5D7230 4/a.
    Version Info Runtime Code Version V.A.1.08.03UK (make sure your update country, like mine end with 03.UK)

NINTENDO DS Setting:

SSID *______
    WEP Key *______
    Auto-obtain IP Address "No"
    IP Address 192.168.2.7
    Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
    Gateway 192.168.2.1
    Primary DNS 192.168.2.1
    Secondary DNS 192.168.2.1

and save

key:
    *_____ (your network id and password wep)

------------------------------
    Trick

if you lose wifi connection and getting erorr (some reason your ds can't remember your SSID connection?
    *only on belkin F5D7230 4/a router) goto your ds wifi setting and refresh the connection.

click on a new connection "None" -> "Search for an Access Point" (you should find your SSID) -> click "OK" and then "Cancel" and "Back". (this trick dose to reconnet your DS lose data connection from your router)

now test your connection setting, the one you made before (setting above) click on your connection "Ready" -> "Test connection" (you'll reconnection again!)

[​IMG]