Misc Router Compatibility

Coru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There are many versions of the DI-524. I'm not sure if this one is compatible with the DS. See link below! I saw one in the store like that, and I wasn't sure if it was the A, C1 or B1 version. I didn't see any indication of the version on the box. Any insight would be apreciated.

http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=316&sec=0

Heinrisch

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think pretty much all routers are supported by the DS, unless you buy "n" or have some hax0r decryption. Couldn't find a better word.. sry
tongue.gif

dmaister

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I purchased the A revision, took me a while to figure it out but i got it working, mainly because my dsl modem is a router so i had to mess with that also. If you need help, just ask.

drfreeman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I am using DI-524 and it works great with my DS.

I think that the compatibility list on NintendoWiFi page is more like a list of certified (tested) hardware. I cannot think of any reason why some of IEEE 802.11 routers might be incompatible with DS. Maybe the network configuration could lead to incompatibility, but not the router itself.

squall3031

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I got a wireless router GIGAFAST WF719-CAPR from a chinese seller. At first, i thought i got tricked by him because its adapter uses 110 V while in Australia, we use 240 Volt. And at that time, i thought i bought a wireless ADSL modem, turned out to be wireless router.

And then someone from aus forum told me he could make a 240 V adapter for the router plus supply me with adsl modem speedtouch 530 (usb + 1 port RJ45 ) for 15 bucks altogether, so wat the heck...it sounds like a good bargain to me.

And then after i got the stuffs, and configured everything, turned out that i could play my NDS lite online ^^; so happy ^^;

by the way, my wireless router is 802.11b/g (thats what it says on the box)

tolax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
only issue I had with my Linksys is on the wireless setting I had to change it from Long Preamble (default) to Short Preamble.

All worked fine after that.

tolax

omegatr0n

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
anyone have a wireless CARD to recommend...I rather not get a router because tis just another thing i have to have under my computer
Ill be shopping newegg

lookout

GBAtemp Board Room
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I used belkin F5D7230 4/a router it work need to change setting & bit of trick:

update firmware belkin F5D7230 4/a.
Version Info Runtime Code Version V.A.1.08.03UK (make sure your update country, like mine end with 03.UK)

NINTENDO DS Setting:

SSID *______
WEP Key *______
Auto-obtain IP Address "No"
IP Address 192.168.2.7
Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
Gateway 192.168.2.1
Primary DNS 192.168.2.1
Secondary DNS 192.168.2.1

and save

key:
*_____ (your network id and password wep)

------------------------------
Trick

if you lose wifi connection and getting erorr (some reason your ds can't remember your SSID connection?
*only on belkin F5D7230 4/a router) goto your ds wifi setting and refresh the connection.

click on a new connection "None" -> "Search for an Access Point" (you should find your SSID) -> click "OK" and then "Cancel" and "Back". (this trick dose to reconnet your DS lose data connection from your router)

now test your connection setting, the one you made before (setting above) click on your connection "Ready" -> "Test connection" (you'll reconnection again!)

yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-