Root Double: Before Crime * After Days: Xtend Edition Kickstarter

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Pedeadstrian, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Pedeadstrian
    OP

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    Just thought I'd go ahead and put this out there (it can't hurt). There's a Kickstarter for the English localization of the visual novel Root Double: Before Crime * After Days: Xtend Edition (inb4 "That's a mouthful"). It was directed by and based off of the work of Takumi Nakazawa, the director and one of the writers for the Infinity series, which includes Never 7, Ever 17, and Remember 11 (all amazing, mind-screwing visual novels). The story setup, as taken from their Kickstarter page:

[​IMG]

The visual novel is to be released for Steam in both physical and digital formats, and there is also a Vita port (which is at a much higher pledge tier than the Steam copy, but obviously you'll be able to buy it at a normal price when it's actually released). The release window is currently set for April 2016. The Kickstarter goal is $135,000, and as of writing this post, there is 59 hours left with $128,025 pledged. Feel free to pledge as much as possible, and help spread the word. They have a Thunderclap page here.
    Source

Last edited by Pedeadstrian, Feb 2, 2016
  2. Pedeadstrian
    OP

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    Just thought I'd go ahead and update this, saying that they reached their initial goal and have added cheaper Vita tiers. They have a $40 one with only 87 backer slots open, and an unlimited one for $50.

3. vayanui8

vayanui8 GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 11, 2013
    United States
    I'd love it if this came to Vita. I love visual novels and the vita is easily my favorite platform for them.

4. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    Damn what. Should've posted sooner, I would've thrown some dollars in a second.
    Well i'll probably put down money for a copy on the paypal support thing. I just want updates on it.
    Looks good, though i'd never heard of it till now.

5. Pedeadstrian
    OP

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    Honestly, I figured someone made one when it first hit Kickstarter, and towards the end of it I checked here to find the thread, but couldn't. No problem, though, because they reached their goal and people can still pledge through PayPal.