• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Romney vs. Obama

who will/would you vote for?

• Barack Obama

Votes: 158 76.0%
  • Mitt Romney

Votes: 50 24.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it sounds stupid to say this, but the media hates Romney. And that's why everyone else does.
You're right; that does sound stupid, particularly when you have no evidence to back it up. Ignoring the fact that the media has arguably been fair in its reporting of either candidate, the simplest explanation would be that the media and everyone else hate Romney for the same reasons, not one causing the other.

Plus, there's plenty of people out there claiming that the media has been way too soft on Romney, so...

Reactions: 4 people

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The media is making Romney lie and flip flop for convenient sake, so they can hate him and have people outside the media able to make close to 30mins of him doing so without even possibly covering everything. Oh wait.... the media can't make him do that.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I can't believe "neither" isn't an option for who you will vote for.

Anyway, since I can't choose an answer to one poll without choosing the other, I'll just say here that I think Obama will win. To me, that's been clear since before Romney was even nominated, and it's even more clear to me now.

leic7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The moderator of the vice-presidential debate did a much better job at pressing the candidates on key issues:

[referring to the 20% tax cut plan]

Mod: Let's talk about this 20%. You have refused, yet again, to offer specifics on how you pay for that 20% across the board tax cut, do you actually have the specifics, or are you still working on it and that's why you won't tell voters?

Ryan: Different than this administration, we actually want to have big bipartisan agreements...

Mod: Do you have the specifics? Do you have the math?

Ryan: Look at what Ronald Reagan and Tip O'Neil did... blah blah blah ...we want to work with congress on how best to achieve this, that means successful...

Mod: ...no specifics again.

Ryan: What we're saying is, lower tax rates 20%, start with the wealthy...

Mod: You guarantee this math will add up?

Ryan: Absolutely, 6 studies have guaranteed it.

At this point, I'm mildly curious, what is he talking about?

Reactions: 2 people

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Paul Ryan got Pwned at the debate! :P

cnn_biden_debate_10-11-12.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

leic7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
4 dead Americans is not a laughing matter.
Did you or anyone genuinely interpret Biden's laughing as at the deaths themselves? The first time he laughed was right after Ryan suggested what had happened was "the unraveling of the Obama foreign policy, which is making the world more chaotic and us less safe." That's when Biden laughed. Ryan then went on to explain how the administration's projecting "weakness abroad" with its policy regarding Iran... Honestly, I would probably laugh at the absurdity in what he said, too.

Reactions: 1 person

dickfour

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When a wise man debates a fool the fool rages and laughs and there is no peace. Biden was acting like the fool laughing and making weird faces. I shudder to think this clown is a heart beat from the presidency

gage astronomer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I watched the debates on my Xbox 360 a poll popped up and said, "Have you already decided who you want to vote for?"****While I am leaning towards one side I thought to myself... "not really... I mean I am watching these debates and if the other party rocks my brain I would consider changing sides."

To my surprise the results were something along the lines of 90% already KNEW who they were going to vote for. And then the next question was, " who would YOU vote for" with around 83% saying Obama.

Myself...I am an Atheist Republican...man if feels sooo good to say that blanketed by the anonymity of the internet! The sad thing about Romney's 47% mark that I don't know the real percentage not including the old and the vets but what I do know for a FACT is that the welfare system is greatly being misused and taken advantage of by a crap load of free loaders. The media and liberals want to paint a picture where those freeloaders HAVE to be black as joked in the video posted earlier but where I live (98% white) I would say 60% are on food stamps. My wife who is a manager at a grocery store watches as these people come in and fill 3 ... READ that again THREE carts to the brim. Some with steak and lobster, some with a whole cart full of soda, some with a whole cart of little Debbie, some with super expensive MONSTER energy drinks. Then they expoloit thier cards to get money for beer and smokes. We have lived in states like Illinois, Florida, and now our current red state and this crap is rampant all over...all except when we lived in Seattle....and I will get to that in a moment. I don't blame the free loaders, kudos to them for grabbing what our government is making it easy for them to get.

In Seattle it was not so bad because to get that tasty food stamp money you had to a) be employed with a low paying job or b) go to an office an sit and look for jobs. This cuts back on people getting paid under the table to qualify for low income and stops people from sitting at home and watching their shows and just waiting for that check/card to come in from uncle sam....and why isn't drug tested regulated across the board to accept food stamps. So many apparent drug addicts coming in to fill their several shopping carts...on my dime is mind boggling.

The funny thing is the media bashes Romney because his dad was on welfare...welfare is a decent thing but like myself and Romney's dad it was a appreciative crutch to move on to BETTER things not just live off the system. Not have MORE kids while on welfare to get more money. And why are we cutting our budget on WIC yet aiding more to food stamps? WIC is great...awesome...if you’re not on WIC.

WIC forces you to eat healthy, forces you to get specific cheese, milk, juice. No Kraft cheese for you, house brand cheese only! Healthy and cost effective. Why aren't we making food stamps more like this, give hands outs but make it inconvenient and ... not so damn tasty.
Google food stamp costs under Obama's administration and the amount spent is astounding! Now if Obama said he was going to launch ObamaMart....where welfare people could get their cheap food produced in America and to do this he would have to open factories which would create jobs...warehouse, it jobs, truck drivers, receptionist....he would have me leaning towards his ticket in a heartbeat. Sure that certain percent would flip...I have to go from eating steak and ribs to terrible mac and cheese?" They would be in an uproar. Now fyi they did recently (a month ago) block Monster drinks from food stamps so it is possible to still regulate how MY money feeds the poor but nobody is actually doing this.

The thing is I am open minded....feed the poor but don't make it easy for em. Don't take my guns but...maybe regulate my bullets like in California and a certain city in Illinois...I am not happy with these ideas but I am open to them so if a party were to make some sort of plan that could meet a common middle ground I ... and very few others ... would be open ears. But when 90% watch the debate and already know who they are voting for common sense gets pushed out of the way and you have to go with the most extreme side that hits closest to home.

And just for kicks
154207872.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/ICjgg5eEFSw?si=qyxHdElodJEeR3aS