Hacking Rominator v2008

FrankSinatra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a2h said:
Does anyone know where backed up saves are stored?
From the FAQ:
CODEMac OS X: ~username\Library\Preferences\Rominator Data
Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\~username\Application Data\Rominator Data
Windows Vista: C:\Documents and Settings\~username\AppData\Roaming\Rominator Data
They'll be in the NDS Save Files folder.

a2h

Trophies
XP
Country

Right.

Correction for that:

Windows Vista/7: C:\Users\~username\AppData\Roaming\Rominator Data

lisa71

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi All

I really need some help, i have been using rominator for some time now but the last couple of times i have tried to open i get this message.

an unhandled error has occurred:

then it asks me to submit report but it won't let me do that.

Hope someone can help me

Thanks in advance

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm liking it. I don't need to organise things, I have finder for that. But I do like the trimming option. Very handy.

sidysm

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I'm using rominator toi organise my roms and cart and have to say it's a fantastic app but I'm having problems with one thing and unsure if it just my sytem or if it affects everyone. I have updated all my roms and registered app and everything seems to work as expected except the find box.

When I try to use this nothing happens, I have sorted roms by name and if I type something in find nothing if I press enter I get a beep and again nothing happens?

Is it just me or is this feature not functioning in rominator?

LordMelkor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sidysm said:
Hi, I'm using rominator toi organise my roms and cart and have to say it's a fantastic app but I'm having problems with one thing and unsure if it just my sytem or if it affects everyone. I have updated all my roms and registered app and everything seems to work as expected except the find box.

When I try to use this nothing happens, I have sorted roms by name and if I type something in find nothing if I press enter I get a beep and again nothing happens?

Is it just me or is this feature not functioning in rominator?

Works for me...

On another note Rominator is really becoming frustrating as an organizing tool since it depends so much on the database being updated, but it seems like the author often forgets to update the list, often exceeding 50 releases before an update. There REALLY needs to be a way to write this software such that the database doesn't need manual updating by 1 person, that model OBVIOUSLY is not working.

zero383

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yea we need a DB update.... Super Robot Taisen is not recognized by Rominator
glare.gif

LordMelkor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rbox said:
And screenshots alongside the boxshots.

I'm pretty sure the box shots are simply pulled off metacritic... there'd have to be some archive of screenshots somewhere for which it is possible to easily pull them from.

ryohki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gah!
I love your work, hank.. it has made life so much easier.
and I appreciate that life gets busy and/or complicated.
but that anal retentive guy in my head neeeeeeeeeeds a DB update.
I hate to whinge, but it's been a while.

brookfield

Trophies
XP
Country
Looks like there will be no more updates to Rominator....

Hello Everyone. First I'd like to that you for using Rominator. It's with deep regrets that I am no longer able to sacrifice time to update the database or complete Rominator 2009. Due to severe financial stress, we're struggling just to keep the roof over my family's head, which means no personal time for software development. Thanks to everyone for their donations, I've been putting the donations towards hosting Rominator so the website and downloads will be able to stay up.

Thanks to all for your support. I hope to eventually be able to continue the Rominator project as I had a lot of fun with it! As always, your feedback and words of kindness are always

Just like to say thanks hankchill for all the time and effort you put in to Rominator and wish you well for the future.

Doc.X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Insane tool and def. a great guy i just opened up rominator and saw the message , truly a great program . Too bad there wont be any more updates.... atleast until he gets things back on track *fingers crossed*
smile.gif

Mr.Seiko

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rominator has been my Favorite, Lack of Automated database updates will not stop me from using it, It will always have a place on my Hard Drive, both Internal and External.

I wish the best to hankchill in getting through these tough times. I respect your decision, Family is always the most important thing to look out for.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto