Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
Rascal said:
Download Rominator for Mac and the download the Boxart Updates starting at the cleanup I did last month and then download the latest DS.ROD.

Thanx ... that is what I needed.... Back to Mac OS X native app again ....

Just one question .... are ds.rod based on any dat file (ex. AdvanceScene NDS DAT) .... ?

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The numbering systems is based on DS-Scene, which I recently became an admin at
laugh.gif

The other data, such as genre/sub-genre are based on several scene sites.

All data is typed in manually now and tested against each release to ensure accuracy.

Tinkerer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just some info pertaining to icons I haven't seen reported yet. It seems "5030 - Dragon Ball - Origins 2" shows the icon from "5032 - Madagascar Kartz" and "5072 - Let's Play Ballerina - Sparkle on the Stage" shows the icon from "5073 - Despicable Me - Minion Mayhem". Not a big deal but probably easy to correct in a future update.

Tinkerer

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tinkerer said:
Just some info pertaining to icons I haven't seen reported yet. It seems "5030 - Dragon Ball - Origins 2" shows the icon from "5032 - Madagascar Kartz" and "5072 - Let's Play Ballerina - Sparkle on the Stage" shows the icon from "5073 - Despicable Me - Minion Mayhem". Not a big deal but probably easy to correct in a future update.

Tinkerer
Double check your files, they are correct. If you are a long time user and have been installing the recent updates, be sure you refresh your ROM lists. Otherwise, you may need to correct your box art by following the instructions a few posts earlier.

DVDPhreak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Rascal,

I'm a ROMs collector from day one and also use Rominator for several years now.
Somehow along the way there where some hick-ups on getting Rominator regular updated and I emailed Henry (Hankchill) allot about it.
I also asked him extra info to get my "private" database up2date, so far no reply.

I'm happy that people like you still keeping Rominator alive, but there is now a problem for me.

Rominator did have the same numbering found on GBATemp's "g-Online v3" lister, but somehow the decision to follow some other scene numbering was made and I'm stuck with two databases which I can't update, without renaming, repackage or renumbering it.

I always exported the Rominator database and imported it into a MySQL/MSSQL database so I could use it for a online (private) ROMs Download Manager. Now, with the whole renumbering, I was forced to do this by hand.

Do you know someone that still follows, like me, the original (without DSi releases) numbering like GBATemp's lister?
I also did made some changes to your released ds.rod's, but lost track and time to keep my numbering (and renumbering yours including images etc.).

I got all my files (including images, descriptions etc..) in a database (and its online!)
Here's what I was thinking about, I could add some extra tables to it and use those tables for other scene numbering, so we can keep everyone happy (including me) and share that export (to ds.rod format) with this community.

Just my 2 cents...

- DVDPhreak -

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DVDPhreak,

Do you own your retail games? Because if you did, you would discover that many of the "DSi" games listed in GBATemp's lister are not even DSi Enhanced. Example 1: Toy Story 3. I am looking all over the box, the manual, and played through the entire retail cart on a DSi and there are no DSi Enhanced features.

While it would be nice to be able to distinguish between DS, DSi Enhanced, and DSi Only games? Yes, it would. Unfortunately, Rominator wasn't setup for it. Henry lost the source code and has been extremely difficult to get in contact with. He has made commitments to several people, including myself and has been unable to follow-up on them.

As a test this morning, I tried using "DSi XXXX" as the ROM number in the DS.ROD and noticed that the DS Game Manager feature in Rominator was only setup to handle 4 characters, so this didn't work well.

I hope that you understand that I am making the best of a bad situation here and I have gone through a lot of work just to get the database stable. For now, you can always filter the DS Game Catalog for "DSi" and you will only see the DSi Enhance/Exclusive games. I'll look into anything else that I can do to denote DSi Enhanced games, but I can't make any promises.

Tinkerer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rascal said:
Tinkerer said:

Tinkerer
Double check your files, they are correct. If you are a long time user and have been installing the recent updates, be sure you refresh your ROM lists. Otherwise, you may need to correct your box art by following the instructions a few posts earlier.

Thanks for the response. I am a long time user but I am referring to the icon associated with the rom that you can choose to show or hide depending on your settings. The boxart for both of the mentioned roms is correct, just the associated icon is incorrect. I am assuming the icon is derived from the ds.rod database file. Everything else is great and really appreciate you breathing life into this awesome software. Like I said, it's not a big deal...just wondered if anyone else had the same issue. See below for a partial screenshot:
w9emol.jpg

Tinkerer

PS sorry about the size of this post

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The icons have been discussed recently in the thread. Delete the file iconcache.rod (there isn't an icons directory). The icons below 4180 will autofill from Hank's server, the rest will either build themselves from the ROMs in your collection or will be blank, but at least they won't be wrong.

DVDPhreak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Rascal said:
DVDPhreak,

Do you own your retail games? Because if you did, you would discover that many of the "DSi" games listed in GBATemp's lister are not even DSi Enhanced. Example 1: Toy Story 3. I am looking all over the box, the manual, and played through the entire retail cart on a DSi and there are no DSi Enhanced features.

While it would be nice to be able to distinguish between DS, DSi Enhanced, and DSi Only games? Yes, it would. Unfortunately, Rominator wasn't setup for it. Henry lost the source code and has been extremely difficult to get in contact with. He has made commitments to several people, including myself and has been unable to follow-up on them.
Indeed I was surprised how they did it, distinguish DS, DSi Enhanced and DSi only...
So what do ya think about my suggestion about enhancing my database so we can make (export) scene related ds.rod's?

Rascal said:
As a test this morning, I tried using "DSi XXXX" as the ROM number in the DS.ROD and noticed that the DS Game Manager feature in Rominator was only setup to handle 4 characters, so this didn't work well.
Tried it also, got this....
rominator.jpg

Weird, the "number" field is a text field. So I think he hard coded sorting etc. on number characters only.
I don't know I ya have coding skills, but with some help we could create a new GUI for the current database.

Rascal
I hope that you understand that I am making the best of a bad situation here and I have gone through a lot of work just to get the database stable. For now, you can always filter the DS Game Catalog for "DSi" and you will only see the DSi Enhance/Exclusive games. I'll look into anything else that I can do to denote DSi Enhanced games, but I can't make any promises.
Off course I understand and I'm happy you're doing it, despite the numbering thingy.
Well, maybe we can exchange some ideas about this?¿

- DVDPhreak -

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mid-Week Rominator Update

Release Notes
These are the changes since the weekly release uploaded on September 3, 2010:

09/08/2010

- Added 5184 Mind, Body & Soul: Blend It! (E)
- Added 5185 Hotel Deluxe (N)
- Added 5186 JigAPix Wild World (DSi Enhanced) (E)
- Added 5187 Batman - The Brave and the Bold - The Videogame (E)
- Added 5188 Tetris Party Deluxe (E)
- Added 5189 Sorcerer's Apprentice, The - The Video Game (E)
- Added 5190 Dance! It's your Stage - Mit Detlef D! Soost (G)
- Added 5191 Jane's Hotel (G)
- Added 5192 Oscar der Ballonfahrer - Tierische Abenteuer (G)

Other Database Updates

- Corrected all 72 DSi Enhanced Games to end with (DSi Enhanced)
+ DSi-Only games (currently 5) are not listed as they are not playable on flashcarts
- Added Tetris Online to Publishers
- Added data for an underdump (not the iND release) of 5171 Youda Farmer (E)
+ May or May Not match your CRC32

DS.ROD (Latest):
http://filetrip.net/g51608-Rominator--ds-rod.html

Box Art (Latest):
http://filetrip.net/g25123100-Rominator-Boxart-update.html

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rominator Update
There's been 10 new releases since my last update, so here ya go!

Release Notes
These are the changes since the weekly release uploaded on September 8, 2010:

09/11/2010
- Added 5193 Spiegel Online -Karriere Coach (G)
- Added 5194 Thomas & Friends - Hero of the Rails (E)
- Added 5195 Fireman Sam (E)
- Added 5196 Gormiti - The Lords of Nature! (E)
- Added 5197 One Piece - Gigant Battle (J)
- Added 5198 Das Magische Labyrinth (G)
- Added 5199 Enigmes & Objets Cachés - Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde (F)

09/12/2010

- Added 5200 Professor Layton and the Unwound Future (U)
+ Note: The data represents the NukeThis release, not the Venom release, which was nuked.

09/14/2010

- Added 5201 Hot Wheels - Battle Force 5 (E)
- Added 5202 Disney Fairies - Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue (E)

DS.ROD (Latest):

Box Art (Latest):

DVDPhreak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Rascal,

Didn't got any reply from you, so I climbed solo into a development project to make an "hybrid" ROM manager that can handle all sorts of scene-releases (GBATemp, with or without DSi, ds.rod... whatever). I'm trying to reconstruct what hankchill did and got the first "global" list reading ready.. I made an screen shot, don't shoot me about the layout/style, that's minor. I want a "hybrid" model first (working)....

ROMPhreakv0.1.png

This is my first attempt with my own MSSQL Database (I've told ya about it).
Keep ya posted....

Greetz,

- DVDPhreak -

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It looks like a good start. I was going to make a new application and server, but haven't gone that route yet due to time constraints.

Regarding DSi Games and Scene Numbers: Since I don't see any flashcart being able to play DSi/3DS Exclusive games, I personally don't see any advantafe in choosing a different numbering scheme than DS-Scene. Since I've corrected all DSi Enhanced entries to have "DSi Enhanced" as part of the title, I feel that the database/app is fitting the needs of most of the users.

Also, to not confuse the Rominator Users and make this thread any longer than it has to be, can you please start a new thread in the forum for ROMPhreak and post a link here so that we can find it?

If I can be of any help, let me know. I support anybody that is trying to help the community. Quick question: Windows only or multiple OS platforms?

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Weekly Rominator Update
We've had a lot of releases this week. Even after a mid-week update, I've added 14 new Releases and Updated 1 Nuke in the last 3 days.

Release Notes
These are the changes since the mid-week release uploaded on September 14, 2010:

09/15/2010

- Updated 4596 Virtual Villagers - A New Home (U)
+ Note: The data now represents the NukeThis release.
- Added 5203 Super Speed Machines (U)
- Added 5204 Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions (U)

09/17/2010

- Added 5205 4 Elements (E)
- Added 5206 Catan (N)
- Added 5207 Fashion Tycoon (E)
- Added 5208 Fishdom (E)
- Added 5209 Jewel Master: Cradle of Athena (E)
- Added 5210 Jewel Land (E)
- Added 5211 Mahjongg: Ancient Egypt (E)
- Added 5212 Puzzle Quest 2 (E)
- Added 5213 Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (E)
- Added 5214 Grease: The Official Video Game (DSi Enhanced) (E)
- Added 5215 Pocket Monsters: White (DSi Enhanced) (J)
- Added 5216 Pocket Monsters: Black (DSi Enhanced) (J)

DS.ROD (Latest):

Box Art (Latest):

DVDPhreak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Rascal said:
It looks like a good start. I was going to make a new application and server, but haven't gone that route yet due to time constraints.
Yeah, same probs here. I started it just because I can't find the time to update my own database.

Rascal said:
Regarding DSi Games and Scene Numbers: Since I don't see any flashcart being able to play DSi/3DS Exclusive games, I personally don't see any advantafe in choosing a different numbering scheme than DS-Scene. Since I've corrected all DSi Enhanced entries to have "DSi Enhanced" as part of the title, I feel that the database/app is fitting the needs of most of the users.
You're right...

Rascal said:
Also, to not confuse the Rominator Users and make this thread any longer than it has to be, can you please start a new thread in the forum for ROMPhreak and post a link here so that we can find it?
I'm on top of it, building an "open" server for updating/icons/boxart etc. as we speak...

Rascal
If I can be of any help, let me know. I support anybody that is trying to help the community. Quick question: Windows only or multiple OS platforms?
First focus is on Windows, other platforms will come also once the framework is working..

- DVDPhreak -

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Been a while, but I got around to checking my German release list.

For me

4793 Lernerfolg Grundschule - Deutsch - Klasse 1-4 (G)

is showing as a bad crc in the game list, and doesn´t show up as "have" in the rom statistics. Might be a bad d/l on my part, but I´ve tried several.

Also,

5206 Catan (N)

Rominator says its a missing German game in rom statistics if it´s not in my game list.
If I add it to my game list, then I am missing no games according to rom statistics, but even the games list shows it as Dutch (N).
Clicking on the box art also shows it as Dutch only.

There are also several games that are showing as German, but are multi 2 or 3. If Rominator says they´re German, and rom statistics shows them as have, then that´s okay with me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: