Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Weekly Rominator Update
I couldn't stand the thought of doing a week's worth of updates when I returned from vacation
blink.gif

So, we have 10 new releases, 3 updates, and some changes to the Pokemon titles.

Release Notes
These are the changes since the weekly release uploaded on October 9, 2010:

10/10/2010
- Added 5262 The Settlers [v01] (E)

10/14/2010

- Added 5263 Real Crimes - Jack the Ripper (E)
- Added 5264 Super Scribblenauts (U)
- Added 5265 Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals (U)
- Renamed all Pokémon games to Pokemon to resolve a bug that created duplicate database entries
+ You may need to auto-rename your Pokemon games. Check SAV files as well if your card is not natively supported.

10/15/2010

- Added 5266 Tenkaichi * Sengoku Lovers DS (J)
- Added 5267 Zaidan Houjin Nihon Kanji Nouryoku Kentei Kyoukai Kyouryoku - Kanken DS Training (DSi Enhanced) (J)
- Added 5268 Ginga Tetsudou 999 DS (J)
- Added 5269 Mame Goma 3 - Kawaii ga Ippai (J)
- Added 5270 Grease - The Official Video Game (DSi Enhanced) (U)
- Updated 5254 Hardy Boys, The - Treasure on the Tracks (E) to MrClean release
- Updated 5188 Tetris Party Deluxe (U) to MrClean release
- Updated 5093 America's Next Top Model (U) to NukeThis release

- Added 5271 Shrek Forever After (DSi Enhanced) (U)

DS.ROD (Latest):
http://filetrip.net/g51608-Rominator--ds-rod.html

Box Art (Latest):
http://filetrip.net/g25123100-Rominator-Boxart-update.html

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Freezer6 said:
Thx again to Rascal !

How was your vacation? Everything quite good ?

Greetz

Sten aka Freezer6
Thanks for asking. We're still on vacation. It's been fun and tiring. Looking forward to sleeping in my own bed tomorrow
rolleyes.gif

Tinkerer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rascal, regarding 5253 Pokémon Ranger - Guardian Signs (U), you've got the trimsize in bytes (104938556) in the crc32 column also as opposed to the correct crc32 in the db. Simple error. I am not sure but I think the clean dump crc is A5CA6241.

Regards Tinkerer

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tinkerer said:
Rascal, regarding 5253 Pokémon Ranger - Guardian Signs (U), you've got the trimsize in bytes (104938556) in the crc32 column also as opposed to the correct crc32 in the db. Simple error. I am not sure but I think the clean dump crc is A5CA6241.

Regards Tinkerer
Wow, that was embarrassing (for reasons that I will not disclose). I have corrected the error and re-uploaded the DS.ROD. It is at the same link as before.
Thanks for catching that mistake.

DS.ROD (Latest):

Box Art (Latest):

Blauhasenpopo

GBATemp's Funeral Director
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi...there...

Own bed,better sleep?

Vacation in USA? Where have you been?

Hope you and Hank get together to do the Best to the best Organizing Tool i ever seen( and i tested many of them...) why is Hank so disapointed or didn't he know that his work is the best out there?

Maybe, you could talk to him and show him that if he continue his really good work, might help him in his private Life?!

And your work is mega cool,because you're the only man that rely on this program, if i could do the work (coding and so on...) i had overtaken this, like you did!

Many thx to you and for the time you spent to this!

Greetz
Sten aka Freezer6

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I live in the U.S. and took the family to Disney World. Vacation was good except I got a toothache while away and had to get root canal yesterday.

Thanks for the praise on Rominator. I may not have given birth to it, but I am raising it and I'm proud of it too :-)

As for Hank. He got busy, he lost the source to Rominator and has been difficult to get in touch with. He has promised me access to his server so that updates would be automatic, but he never completed the setup.

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Freezer6 said:
Wishing the best for you and the Rominator (Baby)
wink.gif

Did Hank know what Rominator means to the Scene?
Hank knew and he was working on Rominator 2010 when his life became burdened with personal issues. I've been unemployed for a year now, so I can sympathize. I would take on a new version if I had the correct coding tools. But the tools required to do what Rominator does, especially cross platform, are quite expensive and I can't spare the money to purchase several development environments and libraries right now.

If anybody knows any good, cheap or free development tools that will allow me to write a new version for at least Mac and Windows, let me know. It will need at least 1 compression library, SQL server client support, and internet libraries like FTP & HTTP. If I had the tools, I will get my coding skills back up to speed and get us a new version, custom written for the Rominator community.

Tinkerer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rascal said:
Tinkerer said:

Regards Tinkerer
Wow, that was embarrassing (for reasons that I will not disclose). I have corrected the error and re-uploaded the DS.ROD. It is at the same link as before.
Thanks for catching that mistake.

DS.ROD (5271):
http://filetrip.net/f21896-Rominator--ds-rod-5271.html

No problem, just got miffed that I couldn't seem to get the correct crc no matter what I did so I did a little digging in the database.

Tinkerer

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey Rascal, could you please do a double check on the crc´s for the following games on the latest .rod file?

4956 - Virtual Villagers - A New Home (US)
4958 - Shepherd´s Crossing 2 DS (US)
5093 - America´s Next Top Model (US)
5095 - ThinkSMART Kids 8+ - Power Up Your Brain (US)
5178 - Harvest Moon DS - Grand Bazaar (US)
5203 - Super Speed Machines (US)

For me they are showing as bad, but as usual I can´t say if the versions I´ve grabbed are bad or not.

Thanks.

elbaC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for the update, Rascal.

Please check rom number 5209.
I think there has been an update for it.

And while I was looking in the .rod I found 5139 missing trimsize information.

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
elbaC said:
Thanks for the update, Rascal.

Please check rom number 5209.
I think there has been an update for it.

And while I was looking in the .rod I found 5139 missing trimsize information.
I corrected 5209 on the October 7 update:
QUOTE- Updated 5209 Jewel Master - Cradle of Athena (E)
+ CRC32 now matches Proper Dump by a 3rd Party (Non-Scene)

And I just added the trim information for 5139. It will be in a weekly update either tonight or tomorrow (I'm recovering from a double root canal, so this week's update is late).

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
callmebob said:
Hey Rascal, could you please do a double check on the crc´s for the following games on the latest .rod file?

4956 - Virtual Villagers - A New Home (US)
4958 - Shepherd´s Crossing 2 DS (US)
5093 - America´s Next Top Model (US)
5095 - ThinkSMART Kids 8+ - Power Up Your Brain (US)
5178 - Harvest Moon DS - Grand Bazaar (US)
5203 - Super Speed Machines (US)

For me they are showing as bad, but as usual I can´t say if the versions I´ve grabbed are bad or not.

Thanks.
From memory, most of these have been nuked and replaced. If you didn't dump them yourself, you may want to look for a new dump.

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MAJOR NEWS

Before I upload this week's update, I have some great news for the Rominator community. Hank and I have been chatting for over an hour tonight and we will be collaborating on the next version of Rominator.

(waiting for those that spilled their drinks or did spit takes)

Details will be forthcoming. But first I need the community to help just a bit. Hank is struggling to support his family and I have been unemployed for almost a year. Hank needs a DS Lite and a few flash carts with minimal uSD cards for testing. If anybody has anything they can spare, either reply here or PM me details. Otherwise, I will have to look at setting up a donation system.

We are also currently looking for experienced UI creators to help us make the new version all it can be. I hate to be blunt, but for this we don't need n00bs (otherwise I would do all the UI myself). We need experienced UI creators that are willing to freely contribute their time and talent. Please PM me if you think you can help. Please don't litter the thread on this request.

Until I have more details to share, please don't ask questions, let's keep this thread mainly for updates. Once we have more information to share, either Hank or myself will start a new thread for the new version. You should know by now that I am here for the community and I am happy to announce that Hank is back in the game with me. I ask that you respect our wishes to not bother us about the new version. I will continue to maintain the current version's data while we develop. We may also get server-based updates back online soon. First we will have the box art server-based again and if we can swing it, the DS.ROD updates as well.

Thanks for all your support. Without the users, we would have no reason to spend our time on this and trust me, Hank's time is very precious right now, so I am very grateful that he has agreed to let me, no us, help.

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Weekly Rominator Update
Sorry this update is a few days late. I have been recovering from a double root canal this week.

Release Notes
These are the changes since the weekly release uploaded on October 16, 2010:

10/22/2010

- Added 5272 Jewel Quest - Solitaire Trio (E)
- Added 5273 Mysterious Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, The (E)
- Added 5274 Camp Rock - The Final Jam (DSi Enhanced) (E)
- Added 5275 Quest Braintainment - 1313 vragen & antwoorden (N)
- Added 5276 WordJong (E)
- Added 5277 Professeur Layton et le Destin Perdu (F)

10/24/2010

- Corrected 5139 Spore - Kimi wa Tsukuru Hero (J) - Added Trim Data
- Added 5278 Il Professor Layton e il Futuro Perduto (I)
+ Missing CRC32 and Trim Data (Will add when available)
- Added 5279 Professor Layton und die verlorene Zukunft (G)
- Added 5280 Junior Brain Trainer 2 (E)
- Added 5281 Crime Lab - Body of Evidence (DSi Enhanced) (E)
- Added 5282 Super Scribblenauts (E)
- Added 5283 Legend of the Guardians - The Owls of Ga'Hoole (E)
+ The CRC32 (5936E95E, from multiple sources) disagrees with the only official list I could find. It may change in the future.
- Added 5284 Lord of the Rings, The - Aragorn's Quest (E)

DS.ROD (Latest):

Box Art (Latest):

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
COMPLETE BOX ART UPLOAD

Per numerous requests, I have compiled a file that has ALL box art from 0001-5284.
http://filetrip.net/f21985-Rominator-Boxar...-0001-5284.html

I will be deleting all previous box art downloads with the exception of the latest 5272-5284 to cut back on the number of files on FileTrip.
NOTE: This will break all links prior to the current weekly update. I cannot easily go back and remove all my past updates, so please forgive the dead links. If I find an easy way to delete all my previous links I will.

Users should overwrite all existing box art (unless you have made/downloaded custom box art) to ensure that the box art images match the DS.ROD.
This should get everyone current. Until the server support is back up and running, I will continue incremental updates as I did in the past.

Blauhasenpopo

GBATemp's Funeral Director
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi...

...cool you chatted with Hank, the Story goes on and a very cool utillity get back to "normal" life.
thx for the update!
If Hank needs an M3Real, i could hand him my old one and for Donations...i'm in!
P.S Then my PM didn't interest you?

It's OK I know i'm a n00b!

THX

Greetz

Sten aka Freezer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi