Hacking Rominator Database Update info

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tonight I will cleanup ALL boxart to be 200x180 and I will release ALL boxart as 1 big zip file so that everyone can be caught up.

The ancillary databases, like publisher and release group, do need cleaning. I will be going through the database this week to clean up those fields and tables. Those changes will be in the next DS.ROD update at the end of the week.

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Odd that 2271 was bad, which I confirmed. I say this because we didn't start doing manual updates of the BoxArt until 4180.

DS.ROD (Latest):
http://filetrip.net/g51608-Rominator--ds-rod.html

Box Art (Latest):
http://filetrip.net/g25123100-Rominator-Boxart-update.html

elbaC said:
Rascal, I still found some boxart that are the wrong size.

4713 - 4726
4824 - 4851
4999 - 5000

They can easily be found by doing a detailed view of files in the boxart folder and then sort by size.

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yaynds.gif
Thanks Rascal, you have at least one fan boy!

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just looked at my U.S. list, haven´t even checked my EU or GE lists yet.

Updated to the latest .rod, and box art files uploaded in this thread. Also refreshed the list.

The following games are now showing as bad dumps (crc check).

0086 Madden 06
0269 Dragon Booster
0613 Children of Mana
0614 Magical Star Sign
1421 Digimon World Dawn
4910 Dream Chronicles
4933 Dementium 2

I believe these were all showing as good dumps before, except maybe 4933 Dementium 2. I seem to remember a problem with that one.

Also I stumbled on a box art "glitch" while checking the crc´s. The US roms from 3986 till 3999 show the wrong box art. May be more, like I said I just stumbled across that one.

Hope this "helps" you some. Sorry for any extra work, and thanks for doing it.

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Refreshing ROM lists will typically update to correct box art if you've downloaded the recent corrections. If the ROMS are earlier than 4180, you can deleted them and they will re-download from the server (except for 2271, which is bad on the server). Please make sure that you download these two boxart files and when copying them to your computer, allow them to overwrite existing files:

DS.ROD (Latest):

Box Art (Latest):

I will check those files listed to confirm that the CRCs are OK (I can already confirm that Dementium 2 is OK).

callmebob said:
Just looked at my U.S. list, haven´t even checked my EU or GE lists yet.

Updated to the latest .rod, and box art files uploaded in this thread. Also refreshed the list.

The following games are now showing as bad dumps (crc check).

0086 Madden 06
0269 Dragon Booster
0613 Children of Mana
0614 Magical Star Sign
1421 Digimon World Dawn
4910 Dream Chronicles
4933 Dementium 2

I believe these were all showing as good dumps before, except maybe 4933 Dementium 2. I seem to remember a problem with that one.

Also I stumbled on a box art "glitch" while checking the crc´s. The US roms from 3986 till 3999 show the wrong box art. May be more, like I said I just stumbled across that one.

Hope this "helps" you some. Sorry for any extra work, and thanks for doing it.

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OK, I've checked out callmebob's errors:

These had good CRC values in the database:
- 0613 Children of Mana
- 0614 Magical Startsign
- 4933 Dementium 2

These had bad CRC values in the database and have been corrected:
- 0086 Madden 06
- 0269 Dragon Booster
- 1421 Digimon World Dawn
- 4910 Dream Chronicles

I also found 10 other entries with bad CRC values (I didn't write down the list) and I've corrected them. If anybody find suspects, let me know.

DS.ROD (Latest):

Box Art (Latest):

Note: The bad CRC values in 14 games were caused by my initial ignorance in managing the database via Excel. Exporting and importing the database causes too much corruption and I am now exclusively managing it as pure SQL, which should avoid this happening going forward.

Sorry for the few mistakes gang. I'm getting better at this and once we squash all the bugs, it will be smooth sailing
grog.gif

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
UGH! The box art for 613 & 614 are wrong on the server. I can't control Hankchill's old server and he still hasn't contacted me on my request for source code or any documents. You can easily rename these two box arts on your computer and they will not be over-written in the future.

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
O.K. Renaming the box art for 0613 and 0614 was no problem, good to go now.

After re-downloading a lot of stuff, and refreshing the list I´m still showing a handfull of "bad" dumps.

5030 Dragon Ball Origins 2
5095 ThinkSMART Kids 8+
5117 Astro Invaders (Hacked)
5130 Florist Shop
5140 Galaxy Racers

This is strictly for US releases! According to Rominator my list up till 5170 is complete. Anything after that, I´m not able to grab yet with the sources I have available.
Of course I just might have bad dumps, who knows.

If I get the time next week I´ll check the German list. I´m not even gonna bother with the EU list because of all of the various mixed languages versions of games.

All of the things I mentioned in previous posts are fixed exept for the box art 3986-3999. I should be able to fix that myself though when I have the time.

Thanx!

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
O.K. Renaming the box art for 0613 and 0614 was no problem, good to go now.
Happy to help.
QUOTE said:
After re-downloading a lot of stuff, and refreshing the list I´m still showing a handfull of "bad" dumps.

5030 Dragon Ball Origins 2
5095 ThinkSMART Kids 8+
5117 Astro Invaders (Hacked)
5130 Florist Shop
5140 Galaxy Racers
All 5 of these are correct in the DB per 3 different "Scenes" and have been tested.
Possible causes for your CRC errors: Either you didn't dump your own games, you haven't kept up on re-dumps/re-releases (many of the originals have been nuked), or you aren't running the latest DS.ROD v5177rev1.
Note: 5117 Astro Invaders (Hacked) will be renamed Astro Invaders in the next release of DS.ROD to reflect the new, clean dump.
All of the things I mentioned in previous posts are fixed exept for the box art 3986-3999.
I have no control over the box art images for those as they are below 4180 and came from the Rominator server. I CAN tell you that the entries in the latest DS.ROD files do match up to those images. I would recommend deleting them from your computer and letting them re-download from the server.

Note: I have noticed that some game icons weren't correct. This can be caused by the re-numbering I did to clean up the database. The solution is simple: delete the file "iconcache.rod" and they will rebuild themselves either from the server or your collection.

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FYI: I have been in contact with Hank, the creator of Rominator, and I may be able to put all the box art and icons on the server. I doubt that I can get the DS.ROD updates to be automatic again, but at least the box art and icons would be automatic again.

Keep your fingers crossed
yay.gif

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Man!, what a pain in the @55 that was.

After a lot of searching, redownloading and reloading/refreshing Rominator I´m showing all good dumps for all U.S. roms.

During all of that searching I did manage to stumble over a couple of decent sites I didn´t know about, and probably never would have found otherwise.

So thanks for making me do all of that work, and thanks for keeping Rominator alive.
bow.gif
grog.gif

Congrats on the stuff with Hank! Would be great if all of it can be worked out.
yaynds.gif

(edit) Will be checking out the German list once I have the time, but I can tell you now I´m not even going to touch the EU list!

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Weekly Rominator Update:

Not many additions this week, but there was a DS-Scene renumbering (see notes below).

08/25/2010
- Added 5178 Harvest Moon - Grand Bazaar (U)

08/26/2010
- Added 5179 Freddie Flintoff's PowerPlay Cricket (E)

08/29/2010
- Removed 5171 Youda Farmer (E)
- Renumbered 5172-5179 to corrected DS-Scene numbering of 5171-5178

DS.ROD (Latest):

Box Art (Latest):

Be sure to overwrite the box art for 5171-5177 so that they match the corrected DS.ROD.

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry gang, have an urgent update that can't wait for the weekend:

08/30/2010
- Readded 5171 Youda Farmer (E)
- Re-renumbered 5171-5178 back to 5172-5179

Note: Someone requested that 5171 Youda Farmer (E) be put back on the list. Who knows how long this will last. Sorry for the confusion.

DS.ROD (Latest):

Box Art (Latest):

Be sure to overwrite the box art for 5171-5178 so that they match the corrected DS.ROD. You may also need to refresh your lists to line up the ROM numbers and their associated Box Art.

Sorry again for the confusion. I haven't seen DS-Scene remove and re-add a ROM that fast before. We had talked about removing Youda Farmer (E) for over a week and I thought I was being patient by waiting for them to finally do it. Next time, I will let the dust settle for at least 24 hours, even if it means that the weekly updates will be a little late.

kmihalj

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
Is there any bundle with rominator app + database ? .... I use it beafore and when it was abandon I installed Crossower + offlineList ...... but I prefer rominator .... so I would like it installed and running again...

PS. for Mac OS X

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kmihalj said:
Is there any bundle with rominator app + database ? .... I use it beafore and when it was abandon I installed Crossower + offlineList ...... but I prefer rominator .... so I would like it installed and running again...

PS. for Mac OS X
Download Rominator for Mac and the download the Boxart Updates starting at the cleanup I did last month and then download the latest DS.ROD.

DS.ROD (Latest):

Box Art (Latest):

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Weekly Rominator Update

Release Notes

These are the changes since the maintenance release uploaded on August 30, 2010:

08/30/2010
- Added 5180 Shrek Forever After (I)

09/01/2010
- Added Release Group "ROM"
- Added 5181 Florist Shop (G)

09/03/2010
- Added 5182 Farm Frenzy - Animal Country (E)
- Added 5183 Ivy the Kiwi? (U)

DS.ROD (Latest):

Box Art (Latest):

Note: I have removed many of the older files on FileTrip that were uploaded during the whole "database cleanup" phase. They aren't necessary as the DS.ROD files are cumulative and the complete collection of boxart was uploaded recently. If you need to catchup on the boxart, follow the instructions on this post.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not sure if that or RC Pro AM was my favorite NES racing game... hmmmm
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I loved the rc pro am games
    @SylverReZ, RC Pro AM was made by Rare, and that explains why I liked it. Just learned the other day about a game I loved that was made by Rare and I was surprised lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was playing need for speed remastered and said to myself this is a nice Forza remaster
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_developed_by_Rare Not all of them are awesome but man the hits on that list.
    Oh snap Super Offroad was by them too? lol damn
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Today I learned that the creators of the Donkey Kong games also made Sea of Thieves
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why do i feel the sudden urge to start singing pirate's scorn from the donkey kong country cartoon?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you being for real, cause that's hard to believe, DK is Nintendo and made in japan, Sea of thieves was from Microsoft, in America. I'm not calling you a liar, just didn't know.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok yes they were both made by Rare, but DK was from Rare back then, Rare now is owned by MS. So makes since.
    +1
    They even developed a LJN game.... lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was pretty rare
    I wonder what deal with Satan LJN worked to get Rare to make that one...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember couple years ago, they announced they were working on a Perfect Dark remake, wonder what ever happen with that?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It went into the darkness
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and buddies used to play the hell out of Perfect Dark on N64, that and Goldeneye, was the first real PvP shooter games I remember
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    4-way split screen on a tiny 19" TV, lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you share joysticks also
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh we had the 4 controller add on thingy for n64. Duh I just got your joke, lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So you touched ends
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, but being in the boy scouts, they forced us to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chopped down some wood for the scout master
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Big Gay Al was our Scout leader.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Big Gay Al was our Scout leader.