Hacking Rominator Database Update info

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Double post, but necessary because it is kind of different subject.

While I was looking at the box art situation, I noticed that I am missing some early box art. Does Rominator pull older game box art from a server or do I need to get caught up on box art? Mine are not sequential before 4180.

EDIT: Nevermind, just tested it out and it is pulling from a server for older box art. Now to see if I can make a script to clean up the non-standard size box art.

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tonight I am going to clean up the numbering to ensure that it matches DS-Scene up to 5160. I will also pull down and resize all boxart from 5047-5160. After that, I want to work on having a team consisting of myself and 1 or 2 others that would like to contribute some time and effort to the manual updates.

Next steps:
1. I want to backfil any missing data, such as MetaCritic
2. I will see if Hank will release the source code to me so that we can get auto updates to work
3. I will see if I can setup a direct feed of DS-Scene data so to make our updates less manual

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

cseri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hi

Sorry for the mixup, but perhaps a teamwork will begin
smile.gif

I got the idea that we shoud export the database from excel to google docs. And we give rights to edit to those who wants to help. This way whoever have time can update the online doc. After this we can import to ds.rod and share weakly.

Any opinions Rascal? elbaC?

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've found that importing and exporting is too much hassle. This last batch of 10 that I did were edited in SQLite and it was a breeze. With the releases slowing down, I could potentially handle doing weekly updates.

Let me ponder how we can do team work and I'll get back to you.

I would LOVE for it to be based on a central server that we could edit in SQL and allow auto-updating again, but Hank hasn't gotten back to me on source code or central server.

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the rapid updates, but I am intent on having this database be as good as it can be. elbaC found some ROM names with extra spaces on updates prior to mine. I have searched them all out and corrected them.

DS.ROD (Latest):
http://filetrip.net/g51608-Rominator--ds-rod.html

Box Art (Latest):
http://filetrip.net/g25123100-Rominator-Boxart-update.html

Corrected some trailing and leading spaces in some ROM names.
Mostly in the 5000's, some in the 3000's and 4000's.

Thanks to everyone that is finding the bugs. I commit to correct them as fast as possible.

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I try
toot.gif

BTW people, don't be shy. You can post your problems here instead of PM'ing me. Most of the bugs people are reporting to me are "before my time" as an editor of the Rominator Data. And I'm not too proud to admit to the few bugs that I introduced into the data (and later had to clean up).

I just want to keep Rominator up to date for myself and others. Going forward, after the bugs are all squashed, I will be releasing updates either every week or after 10 additional releases are added. I don't want to commit to a certain day of the week, but based on my activity here in the last week, I hope that you can see that I am serious about keeping the data current.

Lastly, if anybody was given the source code from Hank, please let me know. I would love to make updates automatic again and fix the metacritic linkage.

elbaC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi Rascal,

Regarding my PM
wink.gif
about Rom 5072 it does indeed has 589E157C.
And that's the rom itself and the rod database.
Except the rod has a couple of spaces in front of the crc value.

When you remove those spaces it'll be reported as a clean dump.

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

pka4916

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good luck with the Metacritc stuff.. working on it for days now to get mine fixed for DSRO.
They changed everything on that site.. (all the spaced have a - now instaed of 1 word. and the HTML is changed.

I don't have the source from Rominator. he did not want to release it at that time.

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jaybird said:
Rascal said:
Replacement Box Art from 4823 to 5160
URL REMOVED

This seems to have messed up some of my boxart matching...

I just have US releases, so some others may be affected as well.

I just checked each of the ROMs that you listed in Rominator's DS Game Catalog and they are OK. If you have the latest ROD and the latest Box Art, then the mismatch you are seeing is because you need to refresh your ROM lists in Rominator.

elbaC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Rascal, I still found some boxart that are the wrong size.

4713 - 4726
4824 - 4851
4999 - 5000

They can easily be found by doing a detailed view of files in the boxart folder and then sort by size.

elbaC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Rascal,

I only added roms to the rod file (in the DS table) when I released the updates.

One of the things next to metacritic stuff I did not check or update were the other tables, like publisher and Release group.

I do not know if those are up to date, did you update them?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Hi hi