Hacking Rominator Database Update info

Mr.Seiko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey Everyone,

Just creating a new Topic to ensure that everyone has the latest and Greatest info on the Status of the Rominator Database updates.

As of Current, Database is sitting at 4162 Which is a few behind.

All information should be Accurate, Please Note that DSI Enhanced games Have been added according to their Scene release (3922, 3929, 3938, 3939, 3949, 3952, 3970, 3980, and 4040) and the rest of the list has been adjusted accordingly. A few minor corrections that were submitted via email and posts in this forum were made, Thanks for the info on these.

If you notice anything incorrect with this, please let me know.

If anyone has any information on these Roms or has a website that includes Languages, Publisher, and Genre, as well as any additional useful info such as CRC32, Please let me know what it is.

mr[dot]seiko[at]gmail[dot]com
Subject: Rominator Missing Rom info.

Mr.Seiko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've had a report of 3862 - MySims Racing (U) (PYRiDiA).nds Not recognizing.

I am unable to duplicate this.

Mr.Seiko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
zero383 said:
Recognizes just fine for me. CRC32 check was ok too.

Thanks for your test on this.

If the original reporter of this issue is reading this Thread, please try removing and re-adding the game to Rominator as Rominator will not properly recognize a game that was added to Rominator before the database was updated to include that Game info.

Mac the hobo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Mr.Seiko

Thanks for the update, hope the rom list gets updated soon
biggrin.gif

Mr.Seiko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Currently working on updates. But days off, and Side Projects have distracted me from getting as much as I wanted finished.

zero383

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mestapho said:
Any chance that this will eventually recognize .rar archives?

Mr. Seiko is the DB admin, not the author. Development of Rominator is currently on hiatus indefinitely so don't hold your breath for archive support. Besides, it's more likely 7zip will be supported than rar since it's open source.

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Was wondering what´s up with Hank!

Anyway I´ve grabbed #3540 Henry Hatsworth (EU) from a couple of different places, and no matter which one I try, Rominator tells me it´s not a clean dump.

I tend toward something wrong with the data base since I normally don´t have problems with the rom sources, and I´ve tried several. But who knows.

Thought you could look into it.

Thanks.

Yuuko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
pka4916 said:
check my new program @ www.dsromorganizer.com

supports Rar, Multi-Rar, Zip and 7z
Multi Threaded
Fast
Tons of options.

Thanks but Windows only, so useless for me, and many people outthere. What about an open source organizer, cross-platform ? That would be the solution.

Mr.Seiko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
callmebob said:
Was wondering what´s up with Hank!

Anyway I´ve grabbed #3540 Henry Hatsworth (EU) from a couple of different places, and no matter which one I try, Rominator tells me it´s not a clean dump.

I tend toward something wrong with the data base since I normally don´t have problems with the rom sources, and I´ve tried several. But who knows.

Thought you could look into it.

Thanks.

Looks like that was before my time as Database Admin.
From what I'm seeing tho, the game was Repacked because of a Bad Dump so it looks like the CRC32 was from the Bad Dump.
It will be updated to 99112063 on the next Update.. Can you confirm that this is your CRC32 Value?

Twowit2woo

Trophies
XP
Country
Bridgy84 said:
Anyone else having issues with their list updating.
Yes. I thought that Rominator had died a death, but I can see from this thread that it hasn't.

When I load Rominator, it takes 3-4 minutes to actually load up. When it eventually gets there, and also if I try to force it, it errors with "An unhandled error has occurred." My list is stuck on 3899.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Twowit2woo

Trophies
XP
Country
Bridgy84 said:
Anyone else having issues with their list updating.
Yes. I thought that Rominator had died a death, but I can see from this thread that it hasn't.

When I load Rominator, it takes 3-4 minutes to actually load up. When it eventually gets there, and also if I try to force it, it errors with "An unhandled error has occurred." My list is stuck on 3899.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Twowit2woo

Trophies
XP
Country
zero383 said:
Go to C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Rominator Data

Delete the *.rod files and see if that fixes it. (Back them up beforehand if you want to, Rominator will recreate them anyways.)
Didn't work
frown.gif

I also tried deleting everything bit by bit, until eventually starting from scratch. I tried copying the exe onto a different computer (didn't work.) I even went as far as disabling firewall and uninstalling anti-virus in case they were interfering (although it worked previously) and nothing will get it working at all.

Gonna have to defect now :-(((

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.