Hacking Rominator Database Update info

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's a shame for us Mac users as there isn't anything else decent for Mac OS X and I don't want to have to manage my ROMS/Cards in a Windows Emulator.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Rascal said:
It's a shame for us Mac users as there isn't anything else decent for Mac OS X and I don't want to have to manage my ROMS/Cards in a Windows Emulator.

Don't you worry -- I haven't given up on Rominator yet. I really want to show you what I have up my sleeve but I can't yet until I can have a stable beta ready :/

Let's just say you'll be pleasantly surprised
biggrin.gif

unicorn7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hankchill said:
Don't you worry -- I haven't given up on Rominator yet. I really want to show you what I have up my sleeve but I can't yet until I can have a stable beta ready :/

Let's just say you'll be pleasantly surprised
biggrin.gif
Sounds as very good news to me!
smile.gif
bow.gif

In the meantime, I can only hope that the database updates keep coming at a regular basis.
Speaking of which, the current 4179 update arrived, so I gonna do some checking
tongue.gif

edit: checked and verified, seems correct to me.
yaynds.gif
thanks for the update

Blauhasenpopo

GBATemp's Funeral Director
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello@all...

...I,ve contacted Hankchill by EMail many times ,i've asked him about the Database Update Delay(Current 4179).
I know there are other things to do,but until now we've a delay about 100 Games!
(Newest Release 4290).
I also asked him about the "Number not Matching with Rom Name and Official Release List" Problem?
But still there is no answer.
(is the Prob with the Update 4179 fixed?,is there still something to do to get it in the right way?)

Please give us a Update of the database.

Greetz
Freezer6

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hank has some personal issues keeping him away from Rominator. Mr. Seiko volunteered to update the database until Hank can get back to Rominator. If you don't get a response in this thread, your next step is to PM Mr. Seiko.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I said it when I first used rominator, but I'll say it again.
Why not just use the advanscene lists instead of compiling your own and spending so much time doing something advanscene already do?

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Yea, why use a .rod sqlite format file that you have to make yourself when there's a very open way of doing it already established?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Nollog said:
Yea, why use a .rod sqlite format file that you have to make yourself when there's a very open way of doing it already established?

If you actually looked at the Offlinelist dat file you'd see there's actually very little detail in it, so something like Rominator which needs more info needs it's own data file. Why not look into the info yourself before asking people why they use their own list?

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I've used the lists myself before, I know exactly what they contain (crc, game name, region, everything you need to rename the file).
If you want to add extra information to a list, I see it as simpler to lookup the game id on sites like gbatemp when/if the user wants to see the info.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nollog said:
I said it when I first used rominator, but I'll say it again.
Why not just use the advanscene lists instead of compiling your own and spending so much time doing something advanscene already do?

Advanscene used to be pretty up to date on things, but I've found in the past few months that they've been pretty lax in doing their updates. I'm not sure if they're on a bi-weekly update schedule or something, but they seem to be constantly a few weeks behind on their lists.

Blauhasenpopo

GBATemp's Funeral Director
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello....

@Mr. Seiko please can you give us an update in the Database Progress?

the thing is not that youre not updating the Database,but there were no informations about whats getting wrong,what took so long,how long would it take since Rominator is already "up to Date",

We are all Fans,Gamer and we love Rominator!!!!

It is the best prog to get the roms into "Collection".

Only a Sign what is the Future?

Greetz(with respect)

Freezer6
aka
Sten

gacdss

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Any good suggestions for an alternative to Rominator? I love the program, however the lack of any news either good or bad is frustrating.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: