Rom translations?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Dan-the-Rebirth, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Dan-the-Rebirth
    OP

Dan-the-Rebirth GBAtemp Regular

Jan 5, 2014
    Australia
    hey are there allready some translations of jap. 3DS games out there? as many of you know there are some games that will never make the jump over the big pond, and even thought you dont need to underestand jap to enjoy some of these games it sure helps

ps.: i was not sure if that belongs here or in the hacking board

2. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    From what I know it's still impossible to run modified 3DS files and I don't think it's possible to even modify them in the first place, so no.

3. avran89

avran89 ALWB 4 LIFE!!! MOOSE!!!

May 10, 2011
    United States
    Pokemon League
    To the best of my knowledge, no. The 3DS hacking scene isn't that advanced yet.

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  4. MorphaX

MorphaX GBAtemp Regular

Dec 31, 2013
    Italy
    It stills too hard to Encrypt 3DS dump roms,or maybe you can say it won't be either and don't say everything is possible unless they are TRUE HACKERS :ha:

5. Black-Ice

Black-Ice Founder of the Church of Renamon

Oct 31, 2011
    London
    3DS hacking scene is a bunch of bricks and faulty flashcarts
    We're lightyears away from translations

EZ-Megaman and MorphaX like this.
  6. MorphaX

MorphaX GBAtemp Regular

Dec 31, 2013
    Italy
    but i saw some people they play 3DS Roms with-out 3DS flash cards as known (GW 3DS-R4I 3DS.........) they play only with simple flash card believe or not some Germany Guys In Italy

7. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    But those flash carts run off the back of a firmware owned at the lowest level. A handful of files have been extracted already and analysis of otherwise leaked files says things are not too different to what came before. Behind closed doors there is decryption of the ROMs and outside them the methods are known for when the keys are revealed.

The things presently being awaited are said keys to do the decryption and a method to run the modified code, which, barring some kind of homebrew only hack, are not unreasonable to expect in the short to medium term. Granted if you add on the time it takes most English language projects to get off the ground then you might be more justified in calling a longer timeframe but hey.

Celice and GamerSince83 like this.
  8. Celice

Celice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 1, 2008
    United States
    That's not hacking--that's a consumer market.

Gosh.

MorphaX likes this.
  9. BORTZ

BORTZ Don't pretend you aren't impressed

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    I think Brock's minion in the original RBY makes the same mistake, lightyears measure distance, not time. Unless you were meaning there is a walking distance to being able to run ROM translations :P

EZ-Megaman and Black-Ice like this.
  10. iSubaru

iSubaru Kitsune

Apr 14, 2009
    Poland
    Gensokyo
    True on that, he probably meant it non-literally as freaking-long-time or to be math-wise-butt:
    X belongs to Reality Positive Numbers
    X is time necessary for translations to become real
    Wow, doing math in english is difficult for me...

11. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    The closest thing to being able to hack a rom, is creating RAM patches that can be ran alongside a rom. That, though, is highly doubtable. It'd be possible, but you'd have to fashion an overlay.