Hacking ROM order

avi58

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone know how the card orders the ROMs?

I know newest are put at the bottom of the list, or this was like that with the previous xmenu, but i don't know the exact criteria for ordering the roms, does anyone know anything?

leinad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There are sort by:
1: Always roms in one folder are showed together
2: The order they have been copied onto the card.
(As you said, the newest at the bottom.... so if you don't sort you roms into folders, the first rom youve copied to the card is beeing showed on the top)

avi58

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
what does check the card to decide what rom is the newest? the time it was created? the time it was last modified? i dont think so as some tests i've done show that neither of those values affect :/

paul1991

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Putting them in alphabetical order on your computer (Right-click, arrange by, name) makes them go in aplhabetical order on your menu.

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
paul1991 said:
Putting them in alphabetical order on your computer (Right-click, arrange by, name) makes them go in aplhabetical order on your menu.
I have tried that before on windows XP and it most definitely did not work for me.

leinad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ocdetective said:
paul1991 said:
I have tried that before on windows XP and it most definitely did not work for me.

Ive tried that too o_o And since it didn't worked for me I havnt added it to the FAQ

----

I could imagine, that sorting them alphabetical on PC BEFORE coping them onto the card works

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
leinad said:
ocdetective said:
paul1991 said:

Ive tried that too o_o And since it didn't worked for me I havnt added it to the FAQ

----

I could imagine, that sorting them alphabetical on PC BEFORE coping them onto the card works

I tried that too (deleting them all and then adding and re-sorting) but again no joy - a couple were not sorted correctly (i.e not in the same order as shown on windows XP)

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Were any in subfolders?

Also, if they're numbered, some programs don't read numbers the way you'd expect them to- e.g., 112 would be farther down on the list than 1022.

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
So long as the numbering configuration is constant i.e 0112 (4 digits) instead of 112 it should still have been read correctly. I have every ROM in a subfolder.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo