Hacking Rom Manager Help

k1mm1poo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi...hopefully someone can answer either or both of these questions.

1. If I use Rominator it doesn't show all the roms I have or doesn't transfer them to my card so I have to copy them manually, why or how do I fix this?

2. Because of the problem above I'm trying Offlinelist but all the roms I have show that they are missing. I have added the DAT file and updated several times. I'm afraid to try to rename through there because I don't want to mess up what I have since I lost all my roms previously trying to do stupid stuff.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

extentofmysin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.repton3.co.uk
XP
Country
just to bump this up as a warning, I use it for pd games and backing up purchases. OfflineList simply does not work (0.7.2a)! any files I have that shouldnt be in a zip, or any unrecognisable games, simply disappear, even if you have set up OffLineList to put anything unrecognisable into a set folder. I have tried OfflineList on XP SP2, XP SP3, and Vista Home. It simply does not work. 'Delete added Files' is NOT activated, 'Move Unknown Files' is. I have tried changing many settings, but nothing helps. It is a pity, as despite the fact that this utility deletes files, it could have been a good program. Files which the program does not recognise dont even show up in its install directory, or even the recycle bin, they simply disappear!

If there is a trick to make unknown games/unknown files simply move from a checked/renamed zip to a 'missing' folder (which I have already set), I would like to know. I have even tried different dat lists, but it makes no difference, the files it recognises do at least get put in the correct folder, whilst any extra files contained within it, or unknown games found, simply disappear!
frown.gif
lol - if anyone could help or add info- if anyone would like to try the latest OfflineList with a couple of their own games, zip them up whilst adding some unknown files as a test (eg an added text file or two!), and add their result for OfflineList after a scan, that would be a great help - eg as to whether OfflineList moved their unknown files within the zip to their own set 'unknown' files folder, and what setting they used.

you can get OfflineList here
http://offlinelist.free.fr/index.php?page=download.html
thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.