ROM Hack [ROM HACK] Super mario 3d Land 1.5

mustafag32g

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Another part of the third level, I am working on right now :P. Here there will be a few goombas, flowers, coins and coinboxes.

there wil also be a few secrets :P, using different camera perspectives to discover them.

The little house you see right there. It is the house of a goomba, you will enter it and then the camera will zoom in from the side making it a 2d perspective.

I wish there were signboard so it would be easier to make a little story :P, but what ever :D

33xh8g3.png

http://tinypic.com/r/33xh8g3/9

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
How does gravity works in this game? Would it be possible for you to make a level work as Super Mario Galaxy, with planetoids, and be able to go all round on them?

mustafag32g

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
There is no gravity object as far as I have understood. Making smg like gravity requires a skilled ASM coder/hacker. That is way over my level of skill I am afraid :P

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just tested the model ingame it works beautifully :D. I tested on my 2ds and it also works well. here is a picture ingame from citra. A little tricky thing I added. When you step on the orange rock, the camera perspective shifts so you can see the tree and look what I hid above it ;)

I update regularly, letting you guys know that it is still being worked on :P

The coin is supposed to be placed at the position of the black arrow.

33ws480.png

http://tinypic.com/r/33ws480/9

Last edited by mustafag32g,
Reactions: KJ1 and GalladeGuy
D

Deleted User

So you are using Creative Studio for the rom hack? Pretty awesome!
Is it easier to use than The Fourth Dimension? (That SM3DL level editor), because I know that you can also replace level models in there as well.

It's piecing together very nicely, by the way! :yay:

Reactions: Exavold

mustafag32g

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So you are using Creative Studio for the rom hack? Pretty awesome!
Is it easier to use than The Fourth Dimension? (That SM3DL level editor), because I know that you can also replace level models in there as well.

It's piecing together very nicely, by the way! :yay:
Thank you very much. I use both programs. I need CreativeStudio to export as bcmdl or else 3d land does not recognize file type :P

Reactions: Deleted User

mustafag32g

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I am very happy to hear alot of you guys are excited :D !

I would look into the idea ^ although I never got the chance to play sunshine. My first mario game was the gameboy color super mario land 2. I think that is what it is called.

Super mario galaxy was also the wii game that blew me aways. The amount of creativity and fun platforming is insane :PP

Reactions: Pecrow

mustafag32g

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Remember the warp cube that would teleport you to a bonus area where you would be trapped in a box and you had to do certain things before time runs out?

Now it has been redefined a little bit. New thing added, rush to the star coin before 10 sec time runs out. There are a lot more platforms just took picture at the end :P

2zqy7q1.png

http://tinypic.com/r/2zqy7q1/9

mustafag32g

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It appears that importing 3d World levels is possible. In order for 3d land not to crash you have to reducere textures to 64x64 or smaller

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you extract 3d land level files you Will discover that some of the levels Are high poly. They vary from 11000 edges to 13300. But All the textures Are very tiny like 32x32 or 64x64
Just a little bit of info for People Who want to port 3d World to 3d land

Reactions: akira123

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.techradar.com/gaming/consoles-pc/ayns-new-gaming-handheld-looks-like-a-psp-and-it-mig...