Rogue Trooper (Pal) & cIOS CORP

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by getrehl, Feb 21, 2009.

Feb 21, 2009

Rogue Trooper (Pal) & cIOS CORP by getrehl at 4:42 PM (1,646 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. getrehl
    OP

Newcomer getrehl Advanced Member

United States
    Rogue Trooper (Pal) will not launch from the disc channel. The game disc is read from the channel but will not launch. After pressing start the game hangs on a black screen. The game will launch with a backup channel or Ocarnia.

NTSC Wii
    Preloader v0.28
    cIOS CORP
    burned twice on Verbatim DVD -R's 4X & 6X speed

Any ideas to get it to launch from the disc channel properly? Thank in advance.

2. Tanas

Member Tanas GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    Try setting Any Region Changer to PAL

3. getrehl
    OP

United States
    I was not really looking to use ARC to change my Wii to Pal just for one game. That just seems a little extreme.

4. WaRMarinE

Member WaRMarinE GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    Then you should play it from the Backup Launcher until NTSC version is released.

5. getrehl
    OP

United States
    I patched the main.dol with generic menu patcher. After patching and replacing with wii scrubber the game now loads fine.

6. WaRMarinE

Member WaRMarinE GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    Well done man [​IMG]

7. hyp3rlink

Newcomer hyp3rlink Member

United States
    Hi,

I burned the iso after using regionfrii and WiiBrickBlocker but it doesn't seem to be working with Backup Launcher. I've tried all the different options 'force ntsc', 'force pal50' ,'ocarina' etc. but the screen is always in a a vertical motion (scrolling).

BTW, am using an SDtv with normal cables and un-modded wii.

So, what I gather is that I need to extract main.dol and patch it using Generic Wii Patcher and replace it back in the iso.

Couple of questions, first, do I need advanced option in the 'Video Mode Changer' while patching or just Pal-2-NTSC should work?
    And secondly, do I still need to use regionfrii and/or WiiBrickBlocker after patching the iso.

Thanks a lot.

8. getrehl
    OP

United States
    I just patched the video mode with PAL 2 NTSC, no advanced settings used. You can use Brickblocker if you choose, it will just remove the game update. Starfall or Preloader will block the update if you leave it intact.

9. hyp3rlink

Newcomer hyp3rlink Member

United States
    It still isnt working. I'm again getting the vertical scroll as the game starts up.
    Here's what I did:

1. extracted main.dol (from partition 2) using wii scrubber.
    2. patched using video mode (pal 2 ntsc) of GWP.
    3. replaced the main.dol file back to the iso.
    4. used regionfrii to change region from pal to ntsc.
    5. used wii brick blocker.

6. using backup launcher gamma to play the burned iso. (tried various options 'force ntsc' force pal60 etc.) some options give the blank screen and some others do start the game but the screen is always moving up n down.

Please let me know if there's something am missing or doing which I shouldn't.

Thanks.

edit: Are you using component cables or HDTV?
    btw, I also tried launching the game using softmii (preloader and cIOScorp) but still the same result.

EDIT: Finally got the game to work. The video patch needed was "PAL 576i -> NTSC 480"