Rogue Legacy

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Rydian, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Rydian
    OP

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    From the people that made Don't Shit Your Pants comes Rogue Legacy.

It's... a roguelike platformer mixed with Infinity Blade.

It's uh... almost satirical in the way it describes and presents things, and a lot of the traits of your children actually affect what the game looks like (dyslexia scrambles UI text, colorblind makes the game monochrome, nearsighted makes stuff far away be blurred, etc.) while others affect gameplay in ways you may not expect at first.

On sale right now for $12.

2. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    Its oddly addictive. TB always sells me games dammit...

Played the hell out of it and i've done maybe 15% of things I could possibly get or do. Lordy.
    Very fun time waster though, I wish it had more content.

3. Rydian
    OP

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Kinda' wish you could replay bosses for the gold, though I guess monsters scaling in response to your level (and dropping more coins) is alright too.

4. Satangel

Satangel BEAST

Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
    Sold this game a few times, didn't know shit about it. It sounds interesting and all, but so do the literally 100 other games I still have to play. Steam is just so big, so vast, the amount of interesting titles on there isn't even funny.

5. marcus134

marcus134 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 7, 2011
    Canada
    Québec
    bosses can killed once per play-through and you get stronger enemy variant on each play-through.
    I'm on my 4th play-through now and enemies are starting to get real though.

6. Rydian
    OP

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Yeah I hex-edit the saves to mark the bosses as still alive... and enemies scale in relation to your upgrades, so I've found that upgrading strength and health first is best.

Also hax.

7. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    I was going through my sea of unread tabs yesterday and this was one of them. Grabbed a copy and played it all day.

First non tetris/non solitaire game I have played since about January, though that was FTL and I have spent a not inconsiderable amount of time pondering the possibilities of "roguelike elements" in the intervening time so that might say something.