Rogero 4.50

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Psionic Roshambo, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Psionic Roshambo
    OP

Psionic Roshambo GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 12, 2011
    United States
    Just a quick heads up for PS3 owners looking for a new jail break.

The latest CFW from Rogero is claiming to work over 4.50 OFW so if you act now you can probably hack your PS3 before Sony patches it.

I would classify this as rumor right now so be cautious.

https://www.facebook.com/ps3jailcom

2. Vappy

Vappy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 23, 2012
    A facebook group, let alone one called "ps3jailcom", is hardly a trustworthy source. No mention of anything like it on any scene sites, never mind that Rogero, talented programmer though he is, is unlikely to have found an entirely new workable exploit in newer OFWs by himself.

3. Psionic Roshambo
    OP

Aug 12, 2011
    United States

Yeah I would only test it if I was already on OFW 4.50 or I had a hardware flasher on hand to go back to a working FW.

With all the new 4.50 CFW's floating around it sort of makes me wonder if Sony did screw something up... Still not going to try it on my machine lol

Edit: Although I did install Hab's 4.50 and everything seems fine with Multiman working, only mame is working for emulation though can't get my SNES games working :( lol

4. trumpet-205

trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

Jan 14, 2009
    United States
    The only proven 4.50 CFW at the moment is Habib 4.50, and that one cannot be installed on 3.56+ OFW.

I have yet to see reliable source that Rogero released 4.50 CFW, never mind claiming it can be installed on 3.56+ OFW. If anything, that site you posted requires people to do a survey, which is very "scam" like.

Rogero does contribute toward Habib CFW.

5. Psionic Roshambo
    OP

Aug 12, 2011
    United States

Yeah after looking it over a bit seems way scammy, 26MB's for CFW even compressed is still way too small probably just a nice fat virus for your PC.

Edit: My mistake, that 20something MB file was for Multiman lol still not going to do any survey crap.

6. DinohScene

DinohScene Capture the Dino

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    I don't know much about the PS3 scene but it's very very very unlikely that you can install a custom firmware over an official firmware (after it's been patched in 3.55).
    You'll need an exploit before even gain access to arbitrary code.

That and facebook, seriously....
    That's even worse then taking anything from Youtube seriously...

dragonblood9999 and Vappy like this.
  7. Rogero

Rogero Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 19, 2013
    This one is fake, no CFW can be installed over 4.xx OFW.

Last night the updated Rogero CEX 4.50 CFW was released.

Cheers