• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Roe V Wade has been repealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trophies
XP
I like to draw a distinction between procedures that are necessary and life-saving and procedures that are optional and only improve quality of life. If someone has some kind of a growth on their skin, it makes sense to take a sample. If it’s cancerous, the removal of said growth is life-saving and it makes sense for it to be covered by private life insurance or a national healthcare service, depending on your place of residence. If it’s just a wart, the removal is purely cosmetic and there’s no justification for putting the burden on anybody else but the patient. Abortion isn’t dissimilar if we’re to believe the “clump of cells” talking point. If a foetus is just like a cancerous growth or a wart then the question of payment depends entirely on whether the procedure is performed out of convenience or to save the mother’s life. Does that make sense?
Yeah actually, it's part of what I was thinking when writing my earlier post. If someone's life is in danger - like I said before it isn't much different than going to the hospital for anything else life threatening; whether it be your example being cancer, or possible even something like kidney failure. But where I think the argument starts to go to shit is there's a lot more on the emotional side when it comes to the topic of abortions - thus clouding the judgement of both sides. I personally don't agree with what some states are going to do, however I've seen many points of why Roe V Wade was overturned, and I can't really say you're wrong. While I disagree with the intentions behind some of the actions, what they did wasn't necessarily wrong, While abortion may not be a federally guaranteed right anymore ultimately it's up to the states to decided whether it gets restrictions, stays, or is just outright banned.

While I still don't think states should ban the process people can at least petition to change the state laws, whether they get recognized or not is a different story.

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"You won't bait me into a private vs public discussion again."
*six posts later*
"So anyways, here's me passively aggressively still arguing about it"
pepe-laugh-teatime.gif

SyphenFreht

As above, so below
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If condom's aren't 100% effective, then neither are face masks either then.
If you shouldn't have to wear a face mask and get a vaccine then women shouldn't be forced to carry. Your right to bodily autonomy does not supercede a woman's just because you think the female species is inferior.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
"You won't bait me into a private vs public discussion again."
*six posts later*
"So anyways, here's me passively aggressively still arguing about it"
pepe-laugh-teatime.gif
I like the cut of your jib. :lol:
If you shouldn't have to wear a face mask and get a vaccine then women shouldn't be forced to carry. Your right to bodily autonomy does not supercede a woman's just because you think the female species is inferior.
Contrary to popular belief and all appearances, women are in fact the same species as men.

Last edited by Foxi4,
Reactions: SyphenFreht

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe someday the right will be logically consistent.

Just...not today.
Next week don't look great either.

Reactions: SyphenFreht

SyphenFreht

As above, so below
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Contrary to popular belief and all appearances, women are in fact the same species as men.

I know. It seems though that with recent political moves and the resulting vitriol spread about by pro-lifers that they see women as a different species, far beneath what a man is perceived as.

Maybe someday the right will be logically consistent.

Just...not today.
Next week don't look great either.

Maybe when we're all under the boot of a tyrannical oligarch, but that doesn't seem reasonable either.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I know. It seems though that with recent political moves and the resulting vitriol spread about by pro-lifers that they see women as a different species, far beneath what a man is perceived as.
I think it’s funnier if we pretend that it’s a recent discovery.

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Men and women are the same species, dumbass, and I think neither sex is inferior. Different yes, but not inferior.

Reactions: mrdude

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Men and women are the same species, dumbass, and I think neither sex is inferior. Different yes, but not inferior.
(Real/Proper) Men and (Real/Proper) Women compliment each other. Men are better at some things than women and vice versa. Together they make a good team and a child brought up in a home with a man and a women will fair better and learn more than a kid brought up in a single sex family.

Stealphie

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
(Real/Proper) Men and (Real/Proper) Women compliment each other. Men are better at some things than women and vice versa. Together they make a good team and a child brought up in a home with a man and a women will fair better and learn more than a kid brought up in a single sex family.
Oh boy, here we go again. Again, with this "this is the CORRECT way to be a man/woman" bullshit. There's no "correct/right/proper" way to be a man, sweetie. Same thing applies to women. You don't get to decide if someone's a "real" man/woman or not based on your close minded definition of it, based on gender roles.

Reactions: AmandaRose

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I do and I don't need some snotty woke twat to try and push their weirdo made up definitions in this matter.
I hate to burst your bubble champ but ALL definitions are made up. There is no objectively correct definition to anything.

SyphenFreht

As above, so below
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You don't understand condescension a whole lot, do you? But of course, it takes a certain lack of mental ability to try and destroy my credibility over what you saw as a miss wording.

You obviously think females are inferior because you think men should have bodily autonomy and not women, the same gender you've gone on record to dehumanize on several of your posts thus far.

Maybe redirect that female hatred you have to some therapy? Definitely some kind of education. I can tolerate a lot of things, but people who choose to be stupid isn't one of them.

Remember folks, just because you think it's a baby still doesn't mean it has any constitutional right to life.

Yes I do and I don't need some snotty woke twat to try and push their weirdo made up definitions in this matter.

For someone against pushing weirdo definitions you sure like to call people snotty woke twats.

You realize what hypocrisy is, yes?

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh boy, here we go again. Again, with this "this is the CORRECT way to be a man/woman" bullshit. There's no "correct/right/proper" way to be a man, sweetie. Same thing applies to women. You don't get to decide if someone's a "real" man/woman or not based on your close minded definition of it, based on gender roles.
Millions of years of human evolution would like to have a word with you....

You don't understand condescension a whole lot, do you? But of course, it takes a certain lack of mental ability to try and destroy my credibility over what you saw as a miss wording.

You obviously think females are inferior because you think men should have bodily autonomy and not women, the same gender you've gone on record to dehumanize on several of your posts thus far.

Maybe redirect that female hatred you have to some therapy? Definitely some kind of education. I can tolerate a lot of things, but people who choose to be stupid isn't one of them.

Remember folks, just because you think it's a baby still doesn't mean it has any constitutional right to life.
Blah blah blah, you like hearing yourself talk, don't you?

Reactions: mrdude
Trophies
XP
Millions of years of human evolution would like to have a word with you....
You would be referring to the physical, biological aspect of it. Physical sex is different than gender and there have been numerous studies backing this.

While yes a trans woman is still technically a "man" biologically, that doesn't mean that they are socially. Gender is how people act and present - this also ties into their upbringing. While physical sex determines what you are biologically, gender does not. So a man can act femininely and still be a man, and vice-versa. So no, there isn't a detailed rule book on how to be a "proper man" as what you are thinking of is general society standards which not everyone conforms to. Looking at evolution does not prove this otherwise.

2022-06-30_02-29.png

SyphenFreht

As above, so below
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blah blah blah, you like hearing yourself talk, don't you?

Yeah actually, I do. I feel I have this good mixture between Clark Gable and Morgan Freeman.

Aren't you the one who proclaimed that they were here to drink liberal tears?

We're on a gaming website, so I hope you feel the dramatic irony when I say:

Don't play games if you're gonna get mad you find there's people out there better at them than you.

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You would be referring to the physical, biological aspect of it. Physical sex is different than gender and there have been numerous studies backing this.

While yes a trans woman is still technically a "man" biologically, that doesn't mean that they are socially. Gender is how people act and present - this also ties into their upbringing. While physical sex determines what you are biologically, gender does not. So a man can act femininely and still be a man, and vice-versa. So no, there isn't a detailed rule book on how to be a "proper man" as what you are thinking of is general society standards which not everyone conforms to. Looking at evolution does not prove this otherwise.

View attachment 315877
Usually men are providers and women are care takers. Sure, they can adapt to do the other roles if need be, but it's no good to force change and force reverse roles just to "stick it to the patriarchy". It's something that yes, has been in place for millions of years because of the different attributes of what men and women are suited for, nothing to do with oppression or whatever BS someone else might say. You're free to disagree, but that doesn't make it any less true. Like I said, we can adapt to fit different roles if need be, but that should be temporary in times when needed in emergency and such, but it shouldn't be forced to be permanent by these crazy feminists or whoever else. It comes down to the science that the left constantly likes to preach. Of course, they say follow the science when it's convenient for them, but that's a whole other topic.

As for "gender" and "sex" being different, unless we're talking about it being different when we say gender to classify men or female and sex for, well, fucking, it's not different and it's propaganda that's been spouted for the last few years. All of human history was right until 5 years ago, then all these changed "definitions" and "rules and exceptions" just come out of nowhere from these so called "experts" who I wouldn't even trust to teach preschool kids, considering how they're either mostly wrong all the time or just make the dumbest nonsensical shit up on the spot just to fit the current narrative.

Trophies
XP
Usually men are providers and women are care takers. Sure, they can adapt to do the other roles if need be, but it's no good to force change and force reverse roles just to "stick it to the patriarchy". It's something that yes, has been in place for millions of years because of the different attributes of what men and women are suited for, nothing to do with oppression or whatever BS someone else might say. You're free to disagree, but that doesn't make it any less true. Like I said, we can adapt to fit different roles if need be, but that should be temporary in times when needed in emergency and such, but it shouldn't be forced to be permanent by these crazy feminists or whoever else. It comes down to the science that the left constantly likes to preach. Of course, they say follow the science when it's convenient for them, but that's a whole other topic.

As for "gender" and "sex" being different, unless we're talking about it being different when we say gender to classify men or female and sex for, well, fucking, it's not different and it's propaganda that's been spouted for the last few years. All of human history was right until 5 years ago, then all these changed "definitions" and "rules and exceptions" just come out of nowhere from these so called "experts" who I wouldn't even trust to teach preschool kids, considering how they're either mostly wrong all the time or just make the dumbest nonsensical shit up on the spot just to fit the current narrative.
You're not incorrect in the biological aspect, but as society has progressed these traditional roles have been more or less phased out if not modified to such an extreme degree that it's barely recognizable. The problem is that humans are so diverse that it really doesn't fit everyone no matter what labels you put on it, when it boils down to it; mentally everyone is different. Thus not everyone will be able to conform to the standard societal roles we've made, it just doesn't work that way. And to be perfectly honest? Most people who don't conform to those societal roles aren't doing it to "stick it to the patriarchy" it's mainly because they feel more comfortable expressing themself differently than the role that was originally given to them.

Furthermore I never went on to say that it was because of oppression, and you're right. Humans do adapt to fit different roles, which is actually proving part of my point. As I said not everyone has the same upbringing or mental attitude as you. Because of this diversity not everyone will fall into the same roles, nor the ones assigned to them. It is because of this mental differentiation that not everyone thinks and acts the same way. As I said in my earlier post, someone's upbringing also has a lot to do with it, not to mention the fact that the male and female brain structures have been proven to be shaped, and work in fundamentally different ways. And it is possible for a man to be born with the brain of a woman, this is not because of a mental disease, or as you said "sticking it to the patriarchy" this is a genuine genetic phenomena that occurs.

Also when were feminists ever brought into the conversation? I never even mentioned them in the post above as they aren't relevant to the topic at hand.

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh oh! The western values are being cited as biological essentialism!
Point at them and laugh VVVV

Point at them and laugh ^^^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.