• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Roe V Wade has been repealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bodily autonomy is a human right.
If the state says, "You must have that pregnancy that will kill you," the state is wrong.
If the state says, "Sure, you were raped, but you have to carry that baby because I say so," the state is wrong.
If the state says, "Well, I know the baby will die 16 weeks into the pregnancy, but you know what, you have to miscarriage that."
The state. Is. Wrong.

These scenarios above are now inevitable in several states because a bunch of morally bankrupt outrage addicts supported authoritarianism. There's a reason why they have to smear everyone who disagrees with them as "an easily offended leftist," because otherwise they would have to argue why someone should be forced to carry a baby against their wishes. If compelled labor is bad, why is compelled labor (by the second definition of labor) good to you?

The right of course, does not have a coherent answer to this, because the positions of the right are incoherent by design. It's not about any real end goal, it's just about falling in line like good puppets.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Because of their conduct. Several lied in their confirmation hearings. One is a guaranteed rapist that the FBI did not investigate properly, if at all. Another has vowed to rule solely to spite liberals rather than based on his oath. And yet another has made statements to indicate her rulings will be based on her cult-like religious faith, a violation of separation of church and state.

SCOTUS is being used like a sword with this decision, a sword wielded by corporations specifically. To allow for restriction of previously guaranteed rights or freedoms is contrary to the court's purpose for existing. To wield it as a shield for the working class majority against creeping fascism again, Biden would have to pack the court, which is something I'm sure you'd hate.

See, this isn't just about abortion. This ruling declares that the right to privacy is not constitutionally guaranteed. This is contrary to every libertarian ideal and belief, on the right and the left. Who gives a fuck about "originalism," the founding fathers didn't have an impending techno-theocratic oligarchy to worry about that might soon rival China's. The justices of today had to get far more creative (and malicious) with their reading of the constitution to overturn Roe than for the original decision. Thus I don't recognize their ruling as valid.
The right to privacy isn’t enumerated either, and that’s a problem. As for your other points, Congress can investigate the justices if it so pleases, although I had a look through those supposed “confirmation hearing lies” and, from what I can gather, none of the justices lied. They simply refused to answer the obvious trap question, which is not the same thing. Besides, I have a big problem with how the confirmation process works anyway, I explained why in one of my earlier posts. As for your other allegations, you gotta stop calling people rapists left and right without proof.

Reactions: tabzer

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
If the state says, "You must have that pregnancy that will kill you," the state is wrong.
If the state says, "Sure, you were raped, but you have to carry that baby because I say so," the state is wrong.
If the state says, "Well, I know the baby will die 16 weeks into the pregnancy, but you know what, you have to miscarriage that."
The state. Is. Wrong.
None of this is true - it's not your human right to get an abortion. The other stuff I highlighted is complete rubbish - abortions are allowed in special circumstances as above.

SyphenFreht

As above, so below
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've not seen any riots yet, all I've seen is a bunch of fat munters twerking on a hill and a few blue haired crazies screeching something about their non impressive bodies. Plus the odd weird looking fat dude wearing a dress and whining about their non-existant uteruses. I've tried not to laugh much, but too be honest it's just to funny watching the meltdowns.

My advice to women is - keep your legs closed until you want a kid and perhaps buy yourself a vibrator (and some rechargeable batteries) to tide you over unill you are sufficiently mature enough to deal with having a kid.

Here's some info on getting free condoms for those that can't control themselves:
https://www.heyitsfree.net/free-condoms/

Your post is so full of active hypocrisy I'm beginning to wonder where education failed you. Yet again, after demonizing other posters for calling people names, here you are doing it again. It must be peaceful to be so blissfully ignorant.

Did a woman touch you against your will when you were younger? Is that why you have so much pent up hatred for them? I'd advise you into dating the same sex but I have a feeling your against gay rights as well. Have you ever had any sex that was consensual?

I'm glad you're posting websites that offer free contraceptives but your SC Justice is supposedly coming after those next because contraceptives are apparently a crime against God. I guess we'll be seeing a lot more rape cases after that, though rape seems to be nothing more than anti Republican fantasy to you people.

None of this is true - it's not your human right to get an abortion. The other stuff I highlighted is complete rubbish - abortions are allowed in special circumstances as above.

Actually it is. No one has an abortion because it feels nice. You would know if you actually had any women in your life that cared about you. If a woman gets an abortion it's survival, and survival is a basic right to life. Try again.

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bodily autonomy is a human right. There is nothing to negotiate on this. If the state has the power to tell someone to have a child against their will, that is authoritarianism. It's objectively the definition of authoritarianism.

Not that you care, your opinions make it clear you love the state.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Bodily autonomy is a human right. There is nothing to negotiate on this. If the state has the power to tell someone to have a child against their will, that is authoritarianism. It's objectively the definition of authoritarianism.

Not that you care, your opinions make it clear you love the state.
Personally I hate statism and I do believe bodily autonomy is paramount, not just in regards to pregnancy, but in all realms involving the human body, including drug use, prostitution or anything else that could be considered body/mind-altering. Where things fall apart for me is the concept that a foetus is just “a clump of cells” and can be freely discarded. I think the nation, if not the world at large, should have a serious sit down and a conversation about the personhood of the foetus.

There *is* a point at which it’s too developed to not be considered a separate entity from the mother that’s only temporarily residing in her body, through no fault of its own. That entity deserves a degree of protection too. There’s no argument that in cases of rape abortion should be swift - the mental toll of carrying the child of the rapist is just too much, and it should be avoided, but in other cases I feel that refusing any degree of liability on the part of the mother is inherently unfair. The glaring question that always comes up is “who put it there”, and we all know the answer, whether it was intentional or accidental seems pretty inconsequential to me. There’s liability there, it’s a consequence of the mother’s choice if it happened willingly. There has to be a consensus that the majority of the population can agree on.

If we agree that a foetus is human (it’s not a dog, or a cat, or any other species) and its brain is already developed, I think it’s a little late to abort. That’s been my stance in the previous thread and it remains my stance in this one. I don’t have as much of an issue with aborting in early pregnancy - sure, we’re still depriving a human of life, but said human is not sentient, on account of lacking a brain. I think that approach strikes a balance for all parties involved.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Screenshot_20220628-214933_Facebook.jpg

🤷‍♀️

Reactions: LainaGabranth

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes that's correct - and why vaccines should never be coercive or forced on people.
Abortion is not the same thing - where's the rights for the baby that's being killed, your rights shouldn't override theirs.
No one mentioned vaccines, so we'll be ignoring that every subsequent time you bring it up.
Abortion is, in fact, the same thing. The alternative to abortion rights is the state being able to tell you to have a kid you cannot take care of. That's authoritarianism. Ergo, that's bad, because authoritarianism is bad.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
No one mentioned vaccines, so we'll be ignoring that every subsequent time you bring it up.
Abortion is, in fact, the same thing. The alternative to abortion rights is the state being able to tell you to have a kid you cannot take care of. That's authoritarianism. Ergo, that's bad, because authoritarianism is bad.
Well that's life, you live by the laws of the land or you move somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool