Rockman.EXE Revival DS - Help Needed

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by LDE, May 12, 2011.

May 12, 2011
  1. LDE
    OP

Newcomer LDE Advanced Member

Australia
    Rockman.EXE 7th Day (Working Title)

Story: (In progress)
    1 year after the events of Rockman.EXE 6 and the Cyber Beasts were destroyed, World 3 and Nebula has been disbanded Hikari Netto moved back to Akihara to start middle school with his friends until one day there was nothing and all viruses disappeared from the Net and everyone thought it was a miracle and started celebrating throughout the world while thinking peace has come at last but it wasn't long when mass numbers of NetNavis were starting to be deleted out of nowhere.
    The officials began their investigations of this event only to yield nothing and unable to find the cause of the problem while things become worse for the world and a warning was given that the Net will be deleted within the week. With the threat at hand Enzan brought together 5 NetBattlers he trusts to help him hunt down and delete the cause of this.

Changes from previous versions:
    > Style Change and ADD button replacing the Emotion Window and Crosses
    > The old file building system of Rockman.EXE 3 will be used also Dark Chips will make a comeback
    > The old version of the NaviCust will be present
    > Old layout of Akihara (ACDC) will be revamped and used.
    (MORE COMING SOON)

New Features
    > New chips will be made for this game
    > Cross styles will be introduced
    > Names will be in Romaji instead of the dub names and yes I will be calling him Rockman not Megaman.
    > Most of the previous bosses of the old games will be in this
    > EXE 1-3 sprites will be used instead of the chibi sprites
    > Adding to that new sprites will be made in GBA style for the new characters.
    > The CopyRoids that play a part in EXE 6 will be a big part of this game
    > The old EXE 3 PET will be used (The story explains the reason for this change)
    > Battles will take play both on the Net and in the real world via CopyRoids
    (MORE COMING SOON)

Any help programming will be appreciated since i'm not really skilled with PAlib but I am willing to learn for the time being I am attempting to construct this in DSGM but it has alot of limitations until I can work out PAlib so if you know how to program it then any help is very much appreciated all you have to do is tell me what you could do in this thread and i'll respond. Whoever voluntaries to help is more than welcome, no one is useless etc we all can play a part in making this game great.

Current Team
    LDE - Design and temporary programmer
    Need a Programmer
    Need a Story and Transcript editor

I know I only said we could do this with 3 people is because most of the sprites only need a small redesign so it looks nicer and all the sprites I already have, i'm currently working on the transcript which I will be happy to post when it gets going. I'm more than happy to have 100 people helping me with this,

Status
    Sprites - 60%
    Transcripts - 10%
    Game Demo - 0%
    Theme music - Neo Venus by Janne da Arc

2. Cheren

Member Cheren Pokemon Gamer

Brazil
    Will you Translate Rockman.Exe:Operation Shooting Star

3. LDE
    OP

Australia
    I can but I assume its pretty obvious since its basically a port of Rockman.EXE 1 with a simple extra bit added to it.

4. Cheren

Brazil
    But Rockman EXE:Operation Shooting Star has the Makings to be a Great Game with the Crossover Part

5. LDE
    OP

Australia
    Lol, I am NOT going to translate Rockman.EXE OSS since it is a PORT of 1 which was good but not great instead i'll be using the sprites already given to me in all 6 games to make a new game.

6. naved.islam14

Member naved.islam14 Gbatemp's Official Dark Knight™

Sri Lanka
    I'll be cheering for you from the sidelines [​IMG]

7. Cheren

Brazil
    Suit Yourself BUT I will not be cheering you on this

8. Nebz

Member Nebz The N00b

United States

I like the idea of this and will be checking on it... Will this be a hack of EXE 5 or OSS?

9. Ikki

Member Ikki GBATemp's grumpy panda.

Uruguay

I don't think you can hack those yet. I dunno, I haven't been to the EXE hacking forums in a long time, maybe they are hackable now but I doubt so.

I think he wants to build it from the ground.

10. Nebz

Member Nebz The N00b

United States
    Gahhhhh I'm not big on the hacking scene what so ever but... Wouldn't that be super difficult??

Either way, good luck on the project LDE. I'm looking forward to seeing what you and anyone else can pull off [​IMG]

11. Cheren

Brazil
    This Game will be a Great Joke

12. Nebz

Member Nebz The N00b

United States
    Great way to support someone buddy.... It's comments like these that have people drop projects or delay things.

I really do wonder what happened to "If you don't have something nice to say then don't say it at all".

13. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™

United States
    Dan stop being a trolling DICK.

I support this project 110%!

14. LDE
    OP

Australia
    Thanks for the support guys, also important note. If you can program or have a better knowledge of it than me feel free to help out with that its kinda embarrassing but the best I did was design the majority of it...

Heres a tip: if you want something and no one does it then do it yourself instead of getting mad at others cause they don't want to do something FOR you, the world isn't made just for you.

I won't translate OSS because I finished it in JP and had no problems with it and yes I can't read Jap but I did my best and guess what I played the game to the end so I assume that if a non-Japanese reading gamer like me could achieve it then you should have no problems.

15. SignZ

Member SignZ Timelord

Germany
    You know, that sounds really great. I loved playing the Battle Network series on VBA back then. [​IMG]

So, as I read in the first post, you are going to make that game from scratch? (I guess hacking BN5/OSS is out of the question due to them not being hackable)

Anyways, good luck and ignore people like that Dan Kuso. He sounds like a (as previously mentioned) butthurt kiddie.

16. LDE
    OP

Australia
    Again thanks for the support and I believe it has to be built from scratch which makes it harder but it should be worth it since i'll just redesign all the sprites so it looks better instead of just porting them directly.

17. Cheren

Brazil
    What I Have to Say is that Making a Game isn´t that ALL Joy,you will encounter Troubles Multiple Times,Like Creating the Starting Logo,the Story Script and all of the Rest,also translating the Game that you will create

18. LDE
    OP

Australia
    Ummm...dude why do I have to translate English to English? The game will be in English I said romaji for the names because the dub names got too many puns with it and I rather have it sound serious than what the English translating makes it.

19. Cheren

Brazil
    So Do You Have Any Ideas for the Title Logo.

PS: I Gotta Apologize to you,Man,i am an Brazilian Player with an amazing Talent for English

20. LDE
    OP

Australia
    Yep, i'm currently making it and will have it stuck on my opening post within a few days since I got quite a bit of school work to do as well as REO7D. I'm still editing and updating the opening post for new things I forgot to mention.

Look its okay, I wanted OSS to have an english patch as well but i'm not a hacker i'm a designer, an artist so I can't do that unless I study up on that which isn't that easy, so far I can only make parts of this game cause the program I use to make it is simple thus my search for a programmer who understands this better.