Not open for further replies.

coolio86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone needs to make an English patch of this game because Capcom officially said that they have no plans of releasing the game in the West. I wanted to make this topic so someone will at least consider making a patch. If I knew how to do anything, I would, but i don't.

clonesniper666

KRII LUN AUS
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I believe this should be in the translation request thread but whatever. I really would not get your hopes up for a translation of this game since the only part not already in English is the cross-over event/ story arc. If you do not mind not having that part then my suggestion is to just play the GBA version of the game.

coolio86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe that this game should be playable in English completely. Even if the graphics on the menus are still in Japanese, the text should be completely translated.

clonesniper666

KRII LUN AUS
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I hope that the game is translated too, but most translators on here passed it up when it first got dumped since the GBA version is in English, but if someone did get decide to do this translation then it would be easier essentially, since the GBA script is in English.

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
clonesniper666 said:
I hope that the game is translated too, but most translators on here passed it up when it first got dumped since the GBA version is in English, but if someone did get decide to do this translation then it would be easier essentially, since the GBA script is in English.
That does not necessarily mean anything. If the tables are arranged very differently (which is likely), or if the encryption is too complex, or anything along those lines, it's easier to just translate the new script.

Also, this crossover looks like shovelware shit. I'd rather just enjoy the GBA version, which is really nice.

B3astinSnipes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
F
rolleyes.gif
inally someone who feels my pain.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread looks like noob feeding grounds. The game sucked, had no innovative remakes save for a small sample of SF series.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have heard the GBA localizations were butchered somewhat, but it's still completely unnecessary. There's not really anything special about the DS port, besides being for DS and having that minor crossover. The crossover isn't even done well. I'd not even bother with it, and i doubt anyone will pick it up to translate. There doesn't seem to be much interest in translating these Megaman RPG's. There was one on GBA, 4.5 Real Operation, that was Japan only and never got a translation (one was planned but abandoned).

Really though, the port was cheaply made and a cop out. Capcom's laziness at its finest. They could have made the game truly unique and great, especially with the crossover thing, but they didn't.

ZackZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LuigiBlood said:
Making a Translation of the game is damn simple :
Shift-JIS is used.
Okay, then. What's needed now, in that case, is the name of the file storing the script, and an idea of what pointer range it's stored in.

Sanderino

I guess you only know what you got 'till it's gone
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't think translating the whole game is neccessary. If you played MMBN1 you would know what's going to happen n' stuff. Except the Clockman part. It would be much more enjoyable if someone translated that.

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sanderino said:
I don't think translating the whole game is neccessary. If you played MMBN1 you would know what's going to happen n' stuff. Except the Clockman part. It would be much more enjoyable if someone translated that.
you do realize the exe games had a extensive set of options and anoying missions. and you do realize whether it to be bn1 or not there are millions of fans which liked this game. you do realize thousands of noobs don't know japanese do you ?
you do know hundreds of people are actually insane enough to butcher everything and all to get a trans do you ?
you do know there is only 1 person who is actually crazy enough to do a suicide bombing acti...wait WHAAA ???
scrap that last one.
but in theory i haven't seen one noob which had to brag about
mad.gif

lol...
Fail @ Air Man
biggrin.gif

Sanderino

I guess you only know what you got 'till it's gone
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
megawalk said:
Sanderino said:
you do realize the exe games had a extensive set of options and anoying missions. and you do realize whether it to be bn1 or not there are millions of fans which liked this game. you do realize thousands of noobs don't know japanese do you ?
you do know hundreds of people are actually insane enough to butcher everything and all to get a trans do you ?
you do know there is only 1 person who is actually crazy enough to do a suicide bombing acti...wait WHAAA ???
scrap that last one.
mad.gif

lol...
Fail @ Air Man
biggrin.gif

Yeah, but I just don't care because I played MMBN1. xD

Fyga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
megawalk said:
scrap that last one.
mad.gif

lol...
Fail @ Air Man
biggrin.gif
That was like a random, little mini-rant that was going on about nothing anybody said--especially Sanderino
huh.gif
I feel the need to answer lol

The first game was hardly extensive--you could only upgrade your Mega Buster & HP and buy 3 armors pieces out of the entire game. It was straightforward, barely any side missions besides exploring by jacking into random objects. That's why Sanderino said "If you played MMBN1 you would know what's going to happen n' stuff."

Yes, millions of fans, so what? Obviously thousands don't know Japanese, why else do we have these threads? Yes, but butchering everything has nothing to do w/ Sanderino talking only about the new Clock Man part. Not sure what the "theory" was for, but of course a noob wouldn't brag about something he/she didn't do.

Zwah, I'm not pushing for a translation; just wanted to address this
tongue.gif

BelmontSlayer

Pokémon Master
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Dammit, I really want to do this. I translated FFIV DS and would love to do this, but I'm heading to Thailand soon to teach English. I'm barely going to have time for the internet, let alone hacking a DS game.
frown.gif

nugundam0079

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BelmontSlayer said:
Dammit, I really want to do this. I translated FFIV DS and would love to do this, but I'm heading to Thailand soon to teach English. I'm barely going to have time for the internet, let alone hacking a DS game.
frown.gif

Wow best of luck with that man! I was considering doing that after graduate school..please tell mehow it goes for you!

Best Wishes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, The Bert and Ernie clip at the end is the best. +1