Hacking Rockband2 Music Store

D

Deleted User

Bout time it's up, but the free songs look like crap, and the ones that aren't free don't look much better.
I wonder why no one has made dlc wads for GH yet, or if anyone will make it for this.

zapu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Songs are great, just went into the store
ohmy.gif
going to download Snow and Hysteria
biggrin.gif

OH, nope, I'm not. Europe can't download anything
smile.gif

crezwell

Trophies
XP
Country
yeah man, i just got in and its saying insufficient wii points for the free songs!!!! You reckon thats a region thing then? no announcement of a release date for europe yet either. what a shitter

Hiro77

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
I wanted to buy some songs but I have a PAL wii too!
can I change the shop region with anyregion changer 1.1b and access the US shop? would it work?
blink.gif

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
YES!! Rush/Metallica/The Who FTW! Gonna start on DLC Customs when I'm done rocking out
tongue.gif
If I get it right, a guide should be posted in a week or 2
laugh.gif

And no, the free song don't require the code, It's just there.

mexiken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone noticed that they're ripping off Wii owners ????

Songs on PS3 cost 99 cents when they first come out, there is no such deal with Wii owners. I hope it doesn't stay like this
frown.gif

BTW, I'm running a Wiikey 1, and the songs are there, free for everyone. I'm downloading one to test now.

I have a um, backup copy of RB2....

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
coolbho3000 said:
How are these songs DRM'd, Mrkinator? I'd love to get my hands on songs without paying the Wii premium.
I'm not sure, I'm gonna take a look at it a little bit tonight.

I just popped in my SD Card into my PC and the files that get "backed up" By Rock band itself are .bin files

I downloaded a total of 3 songs (Metallica,Rush and Who
biggrin.gif
) and there are 7 files (in the directory of "/private/wii/data/sAZE"), 3 must be the songs and the other 4 I don't know (1 file might be the main directory which tells the wii which one's you have, so you don't pirate), I have Drum Lessons tonight, but once I get back from those, I'll look into that
smile.gif

SkankyYankee

GBAtemp Advanced Skank
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The songs DL for me ok, and they backup to the sd card. but the space is still taken up in the system memory. Whats the point of backing it up on SD if a copy still takes up the flash memory?

it seems like it has a problem deleting it off the save in the wii, everytime i download another one it moves the ones i already bought as well, and if i hit delete in the store it just refreshes the list. Anyone else having this problem?

mexiken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SkankyYankee said:
The songs DL for me ok, and they backup to the sd card. but the space is still taken up in the system memory. Whats the point of backing it up on SD if a copy still takes up the flash memory?

Once you back up to card, they get moved, so they are no longer there.

SkankyYankee

GBAtemp Advanced Skank
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mexiken said:
SkankyYankee said:

The blocks still get taken up in my wii as well, i know that its supposed to work that way. Im trying to get it to work with gamma.

chaos_kontrol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SkankyYankee said:
mexiken said:
SkankyYankee said:

The blocks still get taken up in my wii as well, i know that its supposed to work that way. Im trying to get it to work with gamma.

I have your exact same problem. I wonder if we can copy it to the SD card..

mexiken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im not getting that error. But then again, I'm not running Soft Chip.

When I download, it asks you to store stuff to SD, which I'm doing. Every time I downloaded a file, it moved it to SD after.

I would verify this since there was 203 blocks left in my NAND memory after the first download, and 203 left after the last one. So they all got moved.

And my SD card got full with all the songs, had to delete some to make room for my purchased songs
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.