Hacking RockBand 2 Green Screen

harrypmgaga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey there,

I have this copy of RockBand 2, which has run fine on a BackUp Launcher, but I am trying to find a way to run it through the Disc Channel on the Wii menu. Basically, I have burned three copies of the game:

1. Basic DVD -- No RegionFrii/BrickBlock
2. Brickblocked Only
3. Brickblocked and Region Frii.

The first one (Basic) asks me to install an update, which is concering, without confirmation I will not do so. I am on 4.1U so if it's safe let me know.

Secondly, with the Brickblocked, I get a green screen that flashes around, same with Number Three.

What can I do to get through this Green Screen WHILE STILL running the game through Disc Channel. Let me know, for the record I have CIOS rev14 and Hermes 222.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a modchip/cioscorp?

Anyways if one disc is asking for a disc update, instead of patching the disc to block it just install preloader or startpatch and enable the skip disc update hack.

harrypmgaga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've actually been trying to locate where to get this CIOScorp for sometime. If I ever find this mysterious piece of software I'll try it out and get back to you. In the meantime, if anyone has any more suggestions, please pass them along.

EDIT: I've looked around and may have found something, but read somewhere that its for 3.2/3.4 Only? Can anyone confirm/deny this? Cheers.

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
playingsolitare said:
I use cioscorp to launch backup games from the disk channel-- including Rock Band 2.
Again a cioscorp fanboy who hasn't read any horror stories about cioscorp!!!

playingsolitare

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kwartel said:
playingsolitare said:
I use cioscorp to launch backup games from the disk channel-- including Rock Band 2.

I've read about/researched cioscorp before installing it, and I've heard the horror stories too. But I think it's safe if you are well informed and know what you're getting yourself into.

playingsolitare

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
harrypmgaga said:
I've actually been trying to locate where to get this CIOScorp for sometime. If I ever find this mysterious piece of software I'll try it out and get back to you. In the meantime, if anyone has any more suggestions, please pass them along.

EDIT: I've looked around and may have found something, but read somewhere that its for 3.2/3.4 Only? Can anyone confirm/deny this? Cheers.

It works for 4.1U. I followed this guide: http://www.yafaze.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=137

Anyhow, some ppl hesitate to use it b/c it can brick your wii if you don't install it correctly. It also is hard to get rid of/not user friendly/modifies all your IOS during install. If you want to continue, know the risks. I have it and have no problems with it, and think it's very useful.

harrypmgaga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, for me, I don't think it'll be too hard to get rid of it as BootMii should(?) put my Wii back in order, but as always use common sense and know the risks.

Cheers.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you do really want to use CIOSCORP, at LEAST use the most recent version 3.3. And yea make another NAND backup just before installing it. You do have a boot2 install of bootmii right? Don't rely on the IOS bootmii restore at all.

But why would you be trying to load a backup through the disc channel WITHOUT having cioscorp or a modchip?

Or is that disc that you said asks for a system update an original disc?

If you have a modchip cioscorp is pretty useless for you.

Have you tried using the skip disc update hack yet? If that disc asks for that at all, then just blocking that should allow you to play it.

playingsolitare

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
harrypmgaga said:
Well, for me, I don't think it'll be too hard to get rid of it as BootMii should(?) put my Wii back in order, but as always use common sense and know the risks.

Cheers.q

If you have bootmii as boot2 and have a nand backup, you should be safe in case of a brick. Just remember to follow the guide completely-- don't skip any steps.
smile.gif

harrypmgaga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I forgot to mention that I have a WiiKey modchip which is why I am trying to run my backups. I will download the hacks.ini for my region and then enable the Disc Update hack and see how it pans out. I just am mainly wondering how to get by the green screen. Now looking at the cIOSCORP it's looking like I won't actually be installing it, and your comment that it'll be useless if I already have a modchip adds to my thought.

harrypmgaga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, when MediaFire finishes it's maintenance I'll be downloading the hacks.ini file. Just wondering, where do I place this particular file on my SD card so that PreLoader will recognise it. Cheers.

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
kwartel said:
playingsolitare said:

MOST bricks caused by cIOSCORP are through user error and people tryingto uninstall it.

Like almost ALL software here everything has the potential to brick a wii including OFFICIAL updates as long as the circumstances are right. Blaming the troubles of the world on cIOSCORP is unfair

professa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i'm having exactly the same problem except i'm 4.1 (E)

things i've found out are
setting my wii to pal60 lets me play the game (with a poor quality picture)

THIS NEXT ONE I THINK IS CORRECT and also applies to guitar hero 5 - they both need the same very minor update (edit - IMAY BE CONFUSING NOW WITH BEATLES ROCK BAND???)
for those with an (E) wii - the update on the disc should be safe to run if you are already up to date and it only effects portions of the system that don't care what region you are
PLEASE RESEARCH THIS YOURSELF i ran the update off either GH5 or RB2 both (U) where my wii is (E) - but i can't remember which
GH5 (E) is now easy to get though so just run the update from there for extra safety

trucha signer can't open the disc to use video mode changer on it
i can't find any software that will change the video mode of the disc without trucha signer

can't use gecko os with instruments

guess i'll just wait for a pal version - my kids aren't going to know about having any of this til xmas anyway

what will the hacks.ini do and how do you use it?

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
+1 WiiStarter.

Common sense is better than anything else. If one know what to do cIOSCORP is very good.

Professa: hacks.ini is needed by a app named preloader. Preloader has some pretty useful hacks e.g. skip disc update check...

professa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so did anything ever replace trucha signer/video mode changer appz
or is everything just done with softmod patching like preloader nowadays ?

it's been a while since i had to look into this as normally i'd just run a video mode problem game through gecko os
but rock band 2 can't coz instruments won't work?

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Install preloader and you wont have this problem, make sure to follow one of the guides here because it can be tricky.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: they don't really taste like cotton candy but i guess they don't need to