Hacking Rock Band Instruments?

cvgoldensun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are all going to kill me for this, but how do I get my Rock Band (1) guitar, drums, and mic, as well as my guitar hero 3 guitar to work when I load Rock Band 1, Rock Band 2, and Guitar Hero 3, respectively, in USB Loader GX (newest version, of course!). I have cIOS 15 I think... I'm kinda newb so try to keep it simple. And before anyone says "search", I did, and unfortunately noone seems to have this problem or I'm bad at searching....
frown.gif
plz help?

Even links to related issues would be much appreciated!

--

Also, 1 more question: What's up with the Track Packs? Can those actually be used without a rock band disc (I do own rock band, but I was wondering If it was possible to play rock band with the USB loader GX and a track pack ?

phiillh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hermes cios installs as ios222 and ios223.
You will need to se the Rockband game load option to ios223.
The drums you have will work with Rockband games and GH5 but not the other GH games.
The GH guitar I believe will not work with RB1 but will work with RB2.

cvgoldensun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently have Waninkoko's cIOS rev 14.... do I have to get rid of that somehow (how?) before installing Herme's cIOS? Also, I would like to ask, will following http://bit.ly/FU6kA work (I mean, partially, because I already have Homebrew Channel)?

I guess my real question is, how do I go about installing Herme's cIOS? I downloaded the uloader_v3.2 rar from some spanish forum (posted by Hermes himself so its legit).
---
EDIT: Also, how do I make sure USB Loader GX uses Herme's cIOS so (I think this is needed, tell me if I'm wrong) I can use Rock Band instruments?

phiillh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes that guide will work.
You can have both wanin's and hermes cios installed at the same time.

Like I said above, if you select the game in USB Loader GX and click settings, then click game load and change the ios used to 223 it will enable the drum's in Rockband.
I know this works as this is the way I have mine set up.

EDIT

if you go here http://usbloadergx.koureio.net/downloads
you can get the hermes cios you need.
that site has loads of tips for USB Loader GX too

megatron_lives

Trophies
Website
www.enthalpynet.co.uk
XP
Country
You can install Waninkoko's cIOS and Hermes cIOS side-by-side, they work fine together and one install of the other doesn't overide the previous.

Anyway, I'd recommend you try this site which has many tutorials:

http://gwht.wikidot.com/hermes-ios222-223

This is specifically for installing Hermes, but the site shows you everything to get your wii modded up ready for USB loaders

Hope that helps

M

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I've always been kind to @AncientBoi