Visit site
XP
Country
United States
terminal_illness said:
nando said:
terminal_illness said:
nando said:
i disagree, but then again there is a big age gap between us plus you are canadian.

just the fact that the song "kids in america" is not on this setlist makes it 10x better. rock band 2 had some really good songs and then some that were just whiny and obnoxious. this one is way better imo.

edit: oh and the exclusion of linkin park = instant win.

what canadians have different music than you? i swear some of you americans are so damn ignorant it sickens me.

yeah thats exactly what i said. thanks for pointing out my ignorance all superior canadian. please show me the way. by the way i'm mexican. the flag is my location not my nationality, but of course you don't make assumptions, you can only speak facts.

edit: btw who is Johnny Reid, he seems to be number 1 in the canadian charts but is no where on the american ones
do we also have different air than you?

i dont know who johnny ried is, and by calling me all superior canadian, you are continuing to show your ignorance. just because alot of canadians like something doesnt mean all of us do... thats stereotyping...

and just because johnny ried isnt in your charts doesnt mean that there are no americans who listen to him...

what do you listen to if i may inquire?

and being mexican in an american world i would have thought you would know ALL about stereotyping... nuff said

you need to go back and read. i never said canadians have different music than me, you implied that i said that and that's where the problem started. then you go and call me ignorant for it which shows off your ignorance not mine. yes, i made an assumption that what's popular in canada is not what's popular in the US, and if you look at charts, you'll find that that's actually pretty true. whether you fit into that demographic is not my problem, the exception is not the rule.

then you go and call all americans ignorant based on a post by a mexican. i called you superior canadian because you called me and ignorant american. in case you haven't noticed the cause and effect in this convo, i was reacting to you. people form different places listen to different stuff mostly and while there is a lot of crossover universal awesomeness that we may have in common there is still a local influence into what we like or at least why we like something and that is all i said by pointing out the OP was candian, then you came along and projected your own prejudices onto me.

and yes, as a mexican in the US i know a lot about stereotyping but i'm not the one stereotyping here, you are.

- i mostly listen to rock and folk, song writer/singer stuff and a some of it is influenced by where i live. next month i'm gonna see buika, who is not in my usual musical taste, but my partner listens to jazz and i'm mexican and she sings mexican standards in a jazzy style so guess what? whether we like it or not our backgrounds have a lot to do with what we listen to. you might enjoy Buika if you give her a listen, but if you aren't mexican or spanish or somewhat connected to latin music happenings you would likely not have heard of her. and wether you knew who reid is or not, the chances of you hearing him in an elevator or on the radio are higher than mine if i turn on my local radio. i do like rufus wainwright, but then i'm gay and so is he and therefore i knew of him right away.

if you manage to be completely uninfluenced by your culture or surroundings then good for you, but if you think it makes you a better person because you escaped some stereotypes, then that's just sad.

terminal_illness

Dark Hadou Master
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i said "i swear some of you americans can be so ignorant it sickens me. "

i didnt say nando anywhere in there... so how did i call you ignorant??

and when i asked "what canadians have different music than you?"

you said "yeah thats exactly what i said."

so maybe it is you who should go back and read... you came off as a real ass. and thats why i jumped down your throat.

and heres a stereotype im proud of... canadians stick together and take care of one another...wich is why i piped up when you said that the way you did...

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
terminal_illness said:
i said "i swear some of you americans can be so ignorant it sickens me. "

i didnt say nando anywhere in there... so how did i call you ignorant??

and when i asked "what canadians have different music than you?"

you said "yeah thats exactly what i said."

so maybe it is you who should go back and read... you came off as a real ass. and thats why i jumped down your throat.

you said "some of YOU americans can be so ignorant" how was i supposed to exclude myself from that inflammatory statement? you are quoting my post and saying YOU and Americans and Ignorant. now you are saying that didn't include me, but then you say "you are continuing to show your ignorance" are you still speaking with the imperial 'you'?

and yes i responded like a total ass but it was to point out your total assness through satyr.

terminal_illness

Dark Hadou Master
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
SOME of you americans... theres a word you forgot in there... dont leave it out.

im done arguing now, sorry for hijacking this thread...

i have no problems apologizing...

are you sorry for generalizing canadians?

titiln

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
came to thread expecting something about rock band 3 wii but instead it's just something about canadians

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
titiln said:
came to thread expecting something about rock band 3 wii but instead it's just something about canadians

well what's your opinion on the setlist?
that's how you could bring this back on topic... cachai?

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no more of this flame shit ok? also there's only six songs i like on here which is not like me...

titiln

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
nando said:
i'm very interested because there are lots of artists that haven't been in music games before and because i completely missed out on the guitar hero games so there are no "repeats" for me. but the setlist isn't all that important when you consider everything else like all the new instruments, improvements for wii users (importing, sdhc) and the upcoming dlc they've announced

i am very hyped for this thing

DJPlace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i hope you can use shdc... i heard you can't is that true?

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
titiln said:
nando said:
i'm very interested because there are lots of artists that haven't been in music games before and because i completely missed out on the guitar hero games so there are no "repeats" for me. but the setlist isn't all that important when you consider everything else like all the new instruments, improvements for wii users (importing, sdhc) and the upcoming dlc they've announced

i am very hyped for this thing

great. i'm excited about the new gameplay myself and i don't mind the repeats since there will be a complete new way to play them and i get to learn the real songs interactively. i would of liked different spanish tracks instead of the ones included. juanes are meh imo (way too cumbia), i would rather see some lucybell or arteciopelados.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just been trying this out.... not as good as RB2... yet!! Songlist seems to skew towards the new keyboard (unsurprising really.... and since I don't have a keyboard yet....)
With the proper equipment though (and a loan to pay for it lol) I can see this being excellent fun... RB2 dl songlist imported no probs anyway!

DJPlace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SFenton said:
You can, I've been using my 16 Gig.

son of a... i've been using my 2gb LOL ok i'll switch after this i guess thanks for the info guys.

titiln

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
SFenton said:
You can, I've been using my 16 Gig.
rock band 3 for the wii isn't out here yet and i absolutely hate you

but tell me more about the dlc. does it display album art? did you have to do anything extra for rock band 3 to recognize your rb2 dlc? did you mess with importing yet?

KyleJCrb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
titiln said:
SFenton said:
You can, I've been using my 16 Gig.rock band 3 for the wii isn't out here yet and i absolutely hate you

but tell me more about the dlc. does it display album art? did you have to do anything extra for rock band 3 to recognize your rb2 dlc? did you mess with importing yet?

DLC displays album art, and it recognized my existing DLC as soon as I started the game with my SD card in. Importing won't work until rockband.com finishes updating and implements linking your web profile with the game, then you'll be able to enter the codes from the back of the RB1/RB2/LRB manual on the website.

QUOTE(terminal_illness @ Oct 26 2010, 07:40 PM)
does rawksd customs work with it for importing?

No. The game doesn't recognize the RawkSD catalog save file, so it can't locate the storage locations for RawkSD customs.

titiln

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
KyleJCrb said:
Importing won't work until rockband.com finishes updating and implements linking your web profile with the game, then you'll be able to enter the codes from the back of the RB1/RB2/LRB manual on the website.
are you sure about that? i don't remember codes on the back of my rb1/2 manuals

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I wonder why edibles haven't caught on for meth
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Locked down from government to dispensary
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In India it has, can't remember what its called yuka I think, they have a crisis like we have with fentanal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's why we need regulation :teach:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Speak to Psi, he'll offer you some in Tempycoin. :tpi:
    +1
  • OGSniper @ OGSniper:
    Day after day, we drink beer, Night after night my heartbeat shows the fear
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Beer can be bad for your teeth
  • OGSniper @ OGSniper:
    Teeth? What Teeth?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Do crack instead. Beer is more of a depressant.
  • OGSniper @ OGSniper:
    I like taking trips without even leaving my house, if ya know what I mean.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hygienist name is Jose I'm like fuck Juan found me
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did he ask to see yo feet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Teeth
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's second cousin obsessed with teeth
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you wake up with your belt un-buckled?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Let me lift you up in my chair
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Down there, teeth removal is putting you behind an angry donkey.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Teeth removal is tying the donkeys hair to the tooth and slapping it's ass
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The cleaning stuff they used was actually nice tasted like frosting
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That'd be 2million pesos, drink this tequila for your pain.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Also buy my art senior don't forget what happened with Germany
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For reference, so everyone knows we are not racist, just like to pick on Juan, and he gives it back to us 'murdicans in return. I love me some latinos.
    +1
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    hello? anyone alive here?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm dead inside
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I'm dead inside