wiifan420

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just downloaded a supposed NTSC version of Rock Band 2 that was scrubbed to only 690mb, so initially I thought it was fake but at only 690 I figure what the hell. Anyway my point is that I popped the disc into my wii after burning but nothing shows up in the disc channel. I have a 1st gen. wiikey with 1.9s and im currently on firmware 3.2U. Another funny side note is that if the Rock Band 2 disc is in my wii and I try to launch the game through Gecko OS or the like, after selecting start on the homebrew channel it hang at a black screen, take the disc out homebrew channel loads fine. http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp336/w...nd2intrucha.jpg

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Same exact thing happens to me. I'm going to try a non-scrubbed copy. . . but the download is taking forever. And also the homebrew channel symptom is the same! It won't start with the disk in!

wiifan420

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
quick question for you coolbro. do you by any chance have updates disabled, via starfall or a modchip? because im thinking that its an IOS file we need.

coolbho3000

Trophies
XP
Country
I completely enabled updates via Starfall as well as my modchip and the game still won't read anywhere. Won't even prompt for an update.
hate2.gif

coolbho3000

Trophies
XP
Country
I looked at the original release thread over at the Spanish website who scrubbed and released the game and according to Google Translate members there couldn't get it to work either.

I'm going to say it's a corrupted release.

coolbho3000

Trophies
XP
Country
Bergkees said:
It all depends on the seeds i guess. Got my full torrented version in a few hours yesterday thnx to those swedish pirates
ph34r.gif
Those same Swedish pirates are getting it to me at around 50kB/s. Stupid Comcast and their bandwidth throttling.
ph34r.gif

burrellbloke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My backup of Rock Band 2 (NTSC) does not seem to work when playing through Gamma on my Pal Wii.

When I start the disc up in Gamma is identifies it as Rock Band 2 showing a game code that starts with a "S" instead of a "R". The screen then goes blank and comes up green, even though I have forced the game to play on my 3.2E Pal Wii. The screen flickers and everything is kind of green but through green snow I can just about make out the health and safety screen showing that you need enough room to swing your arms around before the game loads. The screen the goes purple and then cycles through green, green snow, and purple.

I tried to run the ISO image through WiiFrii but it tells me that te ISO image is not a valid Wii image.

Any ideas on how I can get this working?

burrellbloke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mrkinator said:

No, I was trying to get a NTSC version to play on my PAL Wii through Gamma. I shall see if SoftChip makes any difference.

I am trying to use my GH:WT instruments on RB2, and I thought that if you used bluetooth/wireless instruments, it should play through Gamma as it should not need a cIOS for USB drivers for the RB instruments?

Bergkees

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
burrellbloke said:
My backup of Rock Band 2 (NTSC) does not seem to work when playing through Gamma on my Pal Wii.
Is your gamma forced PAL 50?
Because if it is, it will give you these symptoms.
The NTSC backup of RB2 runs great on my pal wii but not if i use the force PAL50 setting (you can use the vidtv patch)

burrellbloke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bergkees said:
burrellbloke said:
Is your gamma forced PAL 50?
Because if it is, it will give you these symptoms.
The NTSC backup of RB2 runs great on my pal wii but not if i use the force PAL50 setting (you can use the vidtv patch)

I now have worked it out. Play it on PAL 60 with vidtv patch.

Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD