Hacking Rock Band 2 wont load. pic attached

Jizmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 690M released was obviously a bothched/fake release. All the comments at the torrent portals were negative on it from the beginning. Since the game content is 99% music data that's already digital and compressed there's no way it's gonna compress down to that size. You've never seen any other rock band or guitar hero title anywhere near that size.

However..... at 690M i had to download it and give it a peek myself too...... hehe

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Jizmo said:
The 690M released was obviously a bothched/fake release. All the comments at the torrent portals were negative on it from the beginning. Since the game content is 99% music data that's already digital and compressed there's no way it's gonna compress down to that size. You've never seen any other rock band or guitar hero title anywhere near that size.

However..... at 690M i had to download it and give it a peek myself too...... hehe
Yeah, I was really surprised when I saw that, I have the game, but I downloaded that one so that I could poke around in Trucha and see what files have tried since RB1. Trucha won't extract them tho
frown.gif

ppc_gba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got a backup copy that is 4.31 GB compressed! yet it claims to be scrubbed. it has the same problems every1 else is saying about wiiscrubber not opening it. wii update manager does not detect any problems, it claims console code s, game code za. firmware=3.?U. not sure if it's worth burning if it doesn't work tho. there could be a release as soon as tomorrow. ppl were saying it works (at least for chip users, so that means we should be able to get it working too). any1 try patching it to ios249?

edit: it works great for me! i overwrote the update partition with 2.0U just to be safe. i didn't need to patch the ios or use softchip or anything, i just launched it straight from the hooked wii menu. works great with guitar hero world tour guitar! it does try to connect to nintendo wfc right away, kinda odd. also im not sure what sd card mode is (custom songs) but it wants 200 blocks to use it!

anyway, if you're curious the filename is WS_rb2_ntsc. enjoy
biggrin.gif

burrellbloke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ppc_gba said:
i got a backup copy that is 4.31 GB compressed! yet it claims to be scrubbed. it has the same problems every1 else is saying about wiiscrubber not opening it. wii update manager does not detect any problems, it claims console code s, game code za. firmware=3.?U. not sure if it's worth burning if it doesn't work tho. there could be a release as soon as tomorrow. ppl were saying it works (at least for chip users, so that means we should be able to get it working too). any1 try patching it to ios249?

There is something odd about the RB2 ISO, but it does play on Gamma. I have heard reports of it playing on NTSC Wiis and I managed to get a NTSC version running on PAL 60.

WiiFrii would not open the RB2 ISO that I had, I did not try to open it up using Truncha.

Jizmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't patch it or anything. I got my first copy of it a few days ago by renting it from Family Video store. Brought it home and played it for about 2 hours to make sure everything was working ok, then dumped it with Wii Disc Dumper. Burnt the resulting ISO without brick blocking or modifying in any way. It loads up and runs perfectly with both Gamma and Softchip. NTSC 3.2U Wii/USA RB2

Egonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The scrubbed version was faulty.
This uploader of this torrent posted this:
QUOTE(???) said:
Debido a un error con el scrubber de la iso, se ha procedido a la eliminación de los enlaces, en breve serán corregidos, sentimos las molestias causadas
Google TranslateDue to an error in the iso scrubber, has ordered the removal of links, will be corrected shortly, sorry for the inconvenience caused

overflow74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have a PAL 50 TV and I don't manage to make RB2 NTSC work.

If I force PAL60 I have a jerky image.
If I force PAL50 I have a green screen and the wiimote turns off.

I tired with soft chip and Wiigator Loader and with a original disc and with a disc modified with region frii.

Has anyone a solution?

Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • light27 @ light27:
    wait what? oh
  • light27 @ light27:
    my bad
  • light27 @ light27:
    happy birthday
  • light27 @ light27:
    OIP.19q3E5NK_Mdn0K35CZWrWQHaJ4
    for you bro
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @light27, it's actually tommorrow but thx
  • light27 @ light27:
    oh it’s the least I could do
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, stop stealing my phrases
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +1
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.