Hacking Rock Band 2 Issues

dbneal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks in advance to anyone who tries to help me.

My first problem occurred when updating from CIOS rev8 to rev10 after hearing that it is currently the most stable version. After doing so, Neither Rock Band 1, 2 or GH: Metallica could detect my usb microphone. I even tried updating to rev11 and rev12 and had the same issue. This problem was solved however when i reinstalled CIOS rev8. What could this mean?

Another problem that I'm having is with my SD card. Whenever I download a song from the music store it says that it is backing it up to my SD card. But, when i download more songs, they continue to take up space on my Wii. If i reset the game, it always gives me the message that it is backing up the songs that i have saved on my internal memory but it is obviously failing to do so.

I have an NTSC Wii on system menu 3.2U.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
rev12/13/13b only accept the USB device on the left/lower USB slot, and the microphone on the right/upper USB slot, rev9/10/11 don't have USB peripherals support, and try making more space on your Wii, cause I believe that even if you choose to download songs directly to the SD, first they go to the Wii's memory and then they get copied to the SD, so maybe hence you don't have enough space on the Wii, they can't get downloaded completely to be copied to the SD...!!
smile.gif

dbneal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
rev12/13/13b only accept the USB device on the left/lower USB slot, and the microphone on the right/upper USB slot, rev9/10/11 don't have USB peripherals support, and try making more space on your Wii, cause I believe that even if you choose to download songs directly to the SD, first they go to the Wii's memory and then they get copied to the SD, so maybe hence you don't have enough space on the Wii, they can't get downloaded completely to be copied to the SD...!!

First off, thanks for the response! I guess I'll just wait for rev14 to be released before updating
tongue.gif

But I'm pretty sure that I have enough space on my Wii right now. I believe that you need at least 200 blocks of memory to enable SD card mode and I have about 400 blocks free so I'm not sure why this is happening
frown.gif

parannoyed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dbneal said:
Another problem that I'm having is with my SD card. Whenever I download a song from the music store it says that it is backing it up to my SD card. But, when i download more songs, they continue to take up space on my Wii. If i reset the game, it always gives me the message that it is backing up the songs that i have saved on my internal memory but it is obviously failing to do so.

It is backing it up to your SD card, but the problem is that the custom IOS can't delete it from Wii memory. You have to go into the Wii's Data Management and remove it yourself after each time you play a song. It will be a save block that has "DLC", you can leave your normal Rock Band 2 save.

dbneal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
It is backing it up to your SD card, but the problem is that the custom IOS can't delete it from Wii memory. You have to go into the Wii's Data Management and remove it yourself after each time you play a song. It will be a save block that has "DLC", you can leave your normal Rock Band 2 save.

Ok, I get it. So there's no way at all to remedy this problem? I can only play 2 or 3 downloadable songs before my Wii is full.

dbneal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tried using the Rock Band Launcher after installing softchip and it fixed my problem!

Thanks for all the help!
bow.gif

Jizmo09

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To get the DLC songs off the Wii what I've been doing is from Data Management is:

1. Make sure the DLC data is on the Wii NAND in Data Management
2. Delete the DLC data from the SD if it's there in Data Management
3. Move the DLC data from NAND to SD

This will keep the DLC off of the NAND until you choose to play those songs again at which time it will put it back on the NAND.
I just do it this way to make sure I dont lose it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom