The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Link to original patch for PC: http://sonome.dareno.me/projects/rne-steam.html

Tl;dr this is a patch for English release of game repairing many issues with original translation. For PC it also includes some additional functionality, but for Switch we need to ignore them.

This patch was cutted for Switch to include only most of changed backgrounds and all changed texts, and put to correct folders with correct filename scheme.
Issue is that in PC patch they are injecting code replacing font at runtime and their font is slightly thinner than original one, and because authors changed some of break lines it results in broken break lines. You can see that at the beginning of game, but it doesn't exist f.e. in dialogue box where break lines are not used. Originally font in game is stored as texture, where code injection renders text with *.ttc font, so it's not possible to easily swap them.

Videos for PC are using different codecs for video and audio which results in no audio, and video rendered in SW (which ofc ends in frameskipping issues).
If someone has experience in converting scaleform videos, it would be nice to hardcode subtitles to video and convert it to *.usm compatible with Nintendo Switch release (i have experience in hardcoding .ass subtitles to h264 and h265, so only what I need is converter/packer for usm).

It wasn't tested fully, so expect potential bugs. I don't think break lines are so much big issue for end user if it can improve their understanding of game.

Put folder "01002A900EE8A000" to:
- Atmosphere: atmosphere/contents
- SX OS: sxos/titles

It should be compatible with all versions of game.

Credits for original patch (authors didn't take part in porting this to Switch. Don't bother them with issues in Nintendo Switch patch included in this thread):
  • Hacking: MrComputerRevo, JoseJL, SomeAnon, daxxy
  • Translation: ChrisGLink (and his baby nephew), Enorovan, Jake, Barrafas, WizardNoah, Rain, ItsRigs
  • Editing: Discontinuous Qualia, Fasty, Kumin
  • Image editing: LkProd, TehVict, Enorovan, WizardNoah, Kumin, MrComputerRevo
  • Subtitles: zahj
  • Video editing: LkProd
Special thanks to grechnik for contributing to our open source repository

Download:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Mb1XisVvRdumL2sHskMqkb1oQUA9_fxU/view?usp=sharing

---

Temporal fixes for user to do:
Issue: Whole message on Switch from Fraujiro in Phase 1 is in one line with some part cutted, which makes it unreadable.

Why it happens: On PC this message is automatically breaked to several lines while on Switch it doesn't do that, so because there are no break lines hardcoded it shows whole message in one line.

Solution: delete or rename file "rn01_21a_00.msb" in
Code:
01002A900EE8A000\romfs\script\mes00

Last edited by masagrator,

mathew77

Lovin' life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
Download:
acc.JPG

SigmaSebas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Last edited by SigmaSebas,
Reactions: masagrator

Blurro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My title ID for R;N Elite is 0100B3E00F2C8000
Having trouble getting the game to patch, maybe its something to do with me using a cartridge version? Or being part of the Elite+DaSH double pack? hmm...

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
My title ID for R;N Elite is 0100B3E00F2C8000
Having trouble getting the game to patch, maybe its something to do with me using a cartridge version? Or being part of the Elite+DaSH double pack? hmm...
Dunno how double pack looks internally, so can't help

Blurro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've found that the chapter cards on my version are named without the _en at the end of the file names. Is that a mistake or is this different from your version? They only started working after I updated this.

Also, are the character names supposed to swap around after applying the patch because they don't for me, and I can't find anything wrong with the other file names in this patch

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Thanks for the patch. I downloaded it from the link Sigma provided. Everything was working fine until Phase 12, right after the scene where
Kimijima tries to possess Airi again. Just after it changes the perspective to Kai again the dialogue from the scene when Kimijima tries to possess her loops again until the game closes by itself due to an error.

EDIT: Can confirm this happens because of the patch. I deleted it and everything works fine. I'm on SX OS, by the way.

Last edited by .Darky,

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Thanks for the patch. I downloaded it from the link Sigma provided. Everything was working fine until Phase 12, right after the scene where
Kimijima tries to possess Airi again. Just after it changes the perspective to Kai again the dialogue from the scene when Kimijima tries to possess her loops again until the game closes by itself due to an error.

EDIT: Can confirm this happens because of the patch. I deleted it and everything works fine. I'm on SX OS, by the way.
Thanks for info. Currently I'm on Phase 4 and because I'm working on multiple games, it may take many weeks until I get there and check what is going on.

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Played without the patch until the next story segment, where Kai visits Frau
after Sister Centipede gets deleted
. Made a save and then copied the patch files back to the Micro SD again. Save loads fine and everything seems to be working again. Apparently was just an issue with that particular scene. Will report if I encounter any other problems.

Blurro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tried to port the dash patch for switch but for some reason it hates the letter "i" and puts a space before and after like half of every letter i that appears, guess that one's not happening

moonblood666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Tried to port the dash patch for switch but for some reason it hates the letter "i" and puts a space before and after like half of every letter i that appears, guess that one's not happening

Do you still have the patch you experimented with? I'd rather read the R;N DaSH with that glitch than without the patch.

anthony001

Trophies
XP
Country
@masagrator
was wondering version of the patch is this? also do you have a guide to teach us how to patch in newer patch from, as of this writing they have a patch released on 2022 which i think is much newer than the one you released

Blurro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@masagrator
was wondering version of the patch is this? also do you have a guide to teach us how to patch in newer patch from, as of this writing they have a patch released on 2022 which i think is much newer than the one you released
Pretty sure you can just slap all the text files + images from the patch over. Check the files in this patch to see which ones were moved and how they're structured

Blurro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you still have the patch you experimented with? I'd rather read the R;N DaSH with that glitch than without the patch.
Oops never saw th i s. Anyway, I 'd avo i d do i ng that i t's actually so i rr i tat i ng to look at.

I ended up p i rat i ng i t on pc i nstead lol (but cmon I st i ll bought the game)

chadtheyakuza

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here is one based on the Committee of Zero v1.0.9 patch.

The Scaleform videos have been redone to work with switch, with the karaoke + translated subs hard-coded.

Game has not been thoroughly tested, so there may be issues I have not encountered.

Link: https://mega.nz/file/i3hgjTCL#8-B-P_W405k2KHYbMpuUEeKro_6L-Wfv4bs19AETfBY

Archive password: gbatemp.net

All credit goes to Committee of Zero http://sonome.dareno.me/
Let's hope they release official switch versions of all their patches someday!

Last edited by chadtheyakuza,

sxp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is one based on the Committee of Zero v1.0.9 patch.

The Scaleform videos have been redone to work with switch, with the karaoke + translated subs hard-coded.

Game has not been thoroughly tested, so there may be issues I have not encountered.

Link: https://mega.nz/file/i3hgjTCL#8-B-P_W405k2KHYbMpuUEeKro_6L-Wfv4bs19AETfBY

Archive password: gbatemp.net

All credit goes to Committee of Zero http://sonome.dareno.me/
Let's hope they release official switch versions of all their patches someday!
Why is this file around 1.8gb than the one initially posted?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/Eu4hiUW.jpg