1. masagrator

OP masagrator The patches guy

Poland
    Link to original patch for PC: http://sonome.dareno.me/projects/rne-steam.html

Tl;dr this is a patch for English release of game repairing many issues with original translation. For PC it also includes some additional functionality, but for Switch we need to ignore them.

This patch was cutted for Switch to include only most of changed backgrounds and all changed texts, and put to correct folders with correct filename scheme.
    Issue is that in PC patch they are injecting code replacing font at runtime and their font is slightly thinner than original one, and because authors changed some of break lines it results in broken break lines. You can see that at the beginning of game, but it doesn't exist f.e. in dialogue box where break lines are not used. Originally font in game is stored as texture, where code injection renders text with *.ttc font, so it's not possible to easily swap them.

Videos for PC are using different codecs for video and audio which results in no audio, and video rendered in SW (which ofc ends in frameskipping issues).
    If someone has experience in converting scaleform videos, it would be nice to hardcode subtitles to video and convert it to *.usm compatible with Nintendo Switch release (i have experience in hardcoding .ass subtitles to h264 and h265, so only what I need is converter/packer for usm).

It wasn't tested fully, so expect potential bugs. I don't think break lines are so much big issue for end user if it can improve their understanding of game.

Put folder "01002A900EE8A000" to:
    - Atmosphere: atmosphere/contents
    - SX OS: sxos/titles

It should be compatible with all versions of game.

Credits for original patch (authors didn't take part in porting this to Switch. Don't bother them with issues in Nintendo Switch patch included in this thread):
    • Hacking: MrComputerRevo, JoseJL, SomeAnon, daxxy
    • Translation: ChrisGLink (and his baby nephew), Enorovan, Jake, Barrafas, WizardNoah, Rain, ItsRigs
    • Editing: Discontinuous Qualia, Fasty, Kumin
    • Image editing: LkProd, TehVict, Enorovan, WizardNoah, Kumin, MrComputerRevo
    • Subtitles: zahj
    • Video editing: LkProd
    Special thanks to grechnik for contributing to our open source repository

Download:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Mb1XisVvRdumL2sHskMqkb1oQUA9_fxU/view?usp=sharing

---

Temporal fixes for user to do:
    Issue: Whole message on Switch from Fraujiro in Phase 1 is in one line with some part cutted, which makes it unreadable.

Why it happens: On PC this message is automatically breaked to several lines while on Switch it doesn't do that, so because there are no break lines hardcoded it shows whole message in one line.

Solution: delete or rename file "rn01_21a_00.msb" in
    Code:
    01002A900EE8A000\romfs\script\mes00

Last edited by masagrator, Nov 22, 2020
    wonkeytonk, Spazzery, sadoku and 2 others like this.
  2. mathew77

mathew77 Lovin' life.

Kazakhstan
    acc.JPG

3. masagrator

Poland
    mathew77 likes this.
  4. SigmaSebas

SigmaSebas Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Cote d'Ivoire
    Last edited by SigmaSebas, Dec 4, 2020
    masagrator likes this.
  5. BlueBlur

BlueBlur Member
    Newcomer

My title ID for R;N Elite is 0100B3E00F2C8000
    Having trouble getting the game to patch, maybe its something to do with me using a cartridge version? Or being part of the Elite+DaSH double pack? hmm...

6. masagrator

Poland
    Dunno how double pack looks internally, so can't help

7. BlueBlur

BlueBlur Member
    Newcomer

I've found that the chapter cards on my version are named without the _en at the end of the file names. Is that a mistake or is this different from your version? They only started working after I updated this.

Also, are the character names supposed to swap around after applying the patch because they don't for me, and I can't find anything wrong with the other file names in this patch

8. .Darky

.Darky GBAtemp Maniac

Peru
    Thanks for the patch. I downloaded it from the link Sigma provided. Everything was working fine until Phase 12, right after the scene where
    Kimijima tries to possess Airi again. Just after it changes the perspective to Kai again the dialogue from the scene when Kimijima tries to possess her loops again until the game closes by itself due to an error.

EDIT: Can confirm this happens because of the patch. I deleted it and everything works fine. I'm on SX OS, by the way.

Last edited by .Darky, Jan 1, 2021
  9. masagrator

Poland
    Thanks for info. Currently I'm on Phase 4 and because I'm working on multiple games, it may take many weeks until I get there and check what is going on.

10. .Darky

.Darky GBAtemp Maniac

Peru
    Played without the patch until the next story segment, where Kai visits Frau
    after Sister Centipede gets deleted
    . Made a save and then copied the patch files back to the Micro SD again. Save loads fine and everything seems to be working again. Apparently was just an issue with that particular scene. Will report if I encounter any other problems.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Translation, Robotics, Notes