ROM Hack RO Patch Compatibility 11.10 CFW?

Chrastopheria

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.

So the past couple of days I have been working on a Pokemon hack. One of the main things I want to do is change the starter Pokemon you receive in-game. The problem with that is that it requires RO Patching capabilities. Normally this shouldn't be a problem, since as to my knowledge, this is enabled automatically through Luma3DS. However, when I use my patch for Alpha Sapphire, I am prompted with a generic error message when I hit the home button (either from Luma or GodMode9). Other than that issue, the game appears to be fully playable.

I would just like to know if there's a way to solve this issue. I have recently updated to 11.10 after I was told in the Nintendo Homebrew Discord that it was a safe action. I think it may be the update to 11.10, since I used a random starter on a Pokemon Y randomizer on 11.9 without issue. I do have the latest update installed for Luma. The dumps I used for the hack may be an issue, but I doubt it since I dumped the .3ds files from my own cartridge (although it may be the fault of HackingToolkit9DS, idk). Oh yeah, I also want to say that I have just tested out Star Sapphire (DioVento's AS mod) with no error message on pressing the start button, and the mod doesn't seem to use any RO Patches when looking at the files (leading me to think it's the RO Patches that are causing the error).

If any of this is a known problem please let me know. I only put so many details in so that there's more context to the situation.

Thank You!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1