stoned123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wanna know what risk there are for downgrading from the newest update on 3ds

some one told me that if u 100% knew what u was doing there's little risk of bricking

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
If by newest update you mean 11.0 then you can't downgrade without a hardmod and the risk depends on your soldering skills. If you are still on 10.7 then you can downgrade via software and the risk is minimal as long as you use plaisysupdater and use the correct downgrade pack for your system (I believe plaisysupdater checks the downgrade files and won't let you use the wrong ones but I am not 100% sure on that).

stoned123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If by newest update you mean 11.0 then you can't downgrade without a hardmod and the risk depends on your soldering skills. If you are still on 10.7 then you can downgrade via software and the risk is minimal as long as you use plaisysupdater and use the correct downgrade pack for your system (I believe plaisysupdater checks the downgrade files and won't let you use the wrong ones but I am not 100% sure on that).

thx what would the % be if i was on 10.7 cuz i got my lil bro's ds still on 10.7 and i need at least 10.3 to pokegen pokemon for me the only reason i want to homebrew is to get me some nice pokemon but i missed out on the golden days for homebrew i guess

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
If you are downgrading to 9.2 and just plan to use menuhax+emunand the risk is minimal. If you are going to install a9lh then the risk is slightly higher since you have to downgrade to 9.2 and then go through a bunch of steps to downgrade to 2.1 to get otp.bin. Either way is relatively safe as long as you follow the instructions in the guide exactly. If you don't want a9lh then you can stop after completing the rednand setup.

stoned123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are downgrading to 9.2 and just plan to use menuhax+emunand the risk is minimal. If you are going to install a9lh then the risk is slightly higher since you have to downgrade to 9.2 and then go through a bunch of steps to downgrade to 2.1 to get otp.bin. Either way is relatively safe as long as you follow the instructions in the guide exactly. If you don't want a9lh then you can stop after completing the rednand setup.

im just trying to downgrade to a point were i can pokegen pokemon in for x and y

Boured

A Dusk Lycanroc who cares a lot about people.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wanna know what risk there are for downgrading from the newest update on 3ds

some one told me that if u 100% knew what u was doing there's little risk of bricking

As long as you do lots of research and make sure you got all the files correct, then the risk is next to none. Though be prepared if it messes up even after that.

and for pokegen you just need Homebrew Launcher and save manager.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's two kind of people

1. Want nothing but homebrew, in which you can just stick with Homebrew Launcher

2. People who want nothing but games, those people need to downgrade

I personally think the risk is little to none, the least that can happen (RARELY) is a softbrick, in which you just update the 3DS to fix it. So basicall it either works, or it softbricks. Either way nothing bad happens to the device.

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
There's two kind of people

1. Want nothing but homebrew, in which you can just stick with Homebrew Launcher

2. People who want nothing but games, those people need to downgrade

I personally think the risk is little to none, the least that can happen (RARELY) is a softbrick, in which you just update the 3DS to fix it. So basicall it either works, or it softbricks. Either way nothing bad happens to the device.
Except if you're an idiot and choose the wrong console / region pack (which still happens today because some people can't read) :P

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except if you're an idiot and choose the wrong console / region pack (which still happens today because some people can't read) :P
PlaiSysUpdater has a built in update check similar to SafeysUpdater, but it's not optional anymore. It WILL check the update files to see if they're okay. I don't even think it will let you downgrade unless it all passed as good.

You ain't lying about these users though!

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
more commonly i've seen people that have downgraded sysnand directly by accident to 2.x, which on a n3ds this leads to insta-brick.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ