Ripping wii games to computer HELP

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by ninjamanrice, Jun 9, 2009.

1. ninjamanrice
    OP

ninjamanrice Member

Newcomer
    May 31, 2009
    United States
    How can i rip my comercial wii games straight to may computer make a backup of them i tried to make a backup with nero but i gave me a error is it because its copyright protected or does my computer just suck HAHAHA!!!

2. smash_brew

smash_brew I may or may not have fallen

Oct 8, 2008
    United States
    for retail disc's you need to have the lg drive that can read them. you can dump them with the wii to an external hdd and then put them on your computer using wbfs manager. that's the easiest way to do it.

3. afnuke

afnuke GBAtemp Regular

Mar 27, 2009
    United States
    Tornado Alley
    You cant use your computer unless your dvd drive is a certain type capable of reading them. there arent very many .....google it.... I think they are lg ones, but only a couple models work, I have yet to find one. Theres a homebrew program that will do it and you actually send it to a site and your computer downloads it as the wii rips it. I dont use HBC anymore so I forgot what program was called but I used firefox web browser on the computer to go to the address and save the file.

4. oldmstnggt

oldmstnggt Member

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2009
    Canada
    Canada
    You need a certain DVD rom drive to copy Wii games with your computer. (there is only 4 or so that will) just google "How to copy Wii games" or "How to Back up Wii games"

BTW the DVD rom drive are:

LG-8164b
    LG-8163b
    LG-8162b
    LG-8161b

and think there is one other.

other then the DVD drive you'll need "Raw dump 2.0" (also I do believe there is some other apps that will work but this is a start)

5. Richy Freeway

Richy Freeway GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 9, 2006
    If you're homebrewing up your Wii you could always install one of the USB loaders and use that to rip the game to a hard drive then transfer that to your PC using WBFS Manager.

6. kedest

kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 6, 2007
    Netherlands
    If you want a full clean ISO, use Waninkoko's dvd dumper. It will rip the ISO to SD or send it to your computer directly over the network.