Hacking Ripping to NTFS drive

tadghd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I understand it isn't presently possible to rip a Wii game disc to an NTFS formatted hard drive, but is it something we can expect to see soon, or at all?

If not I presume this is the only pro FAT32 has over NTFS and i will probably go with FAT32 for my new drive. Are there any other issues i should be aware of concerning FAT32 vs NTFS ?

Much thanks.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you can store all application on a fat32 drive for use with forwarder channels and the homebrew channel.

also emulators cannot read from NTFS drives.

Trophies
XP
Country
you can (or I'm just lucky with my current drives, yeah, 2 of them), but you can't use the conventional rippers though. You're gonna have to use wbfs managers namely, backup manager for wii.If memory serves me right, you can either rip it as iso, ciso or as wbfs type. It's worked like a charm so far, so yeah...

tadghd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
2002120141 said:
you can (or I'm just lucky with my current drives, yeah, 2 of them), but you can't use the conventional rippers though. You're gonna have to use wbfs managers namely, backup manager for wii.If memory serves me right, you can either rip it as iso, ciso or as wbfs type. It's worked like a charm so far, so yeah...

Yeah but you're talking ripping using a computer disc drive right? I mean ripping straight onto hard drive using the wii itself. Don't you need one from a short list of specific drives to read wii discs?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :) +1