Homebrew RIP [KTM]

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm flabbergasted about this. That's all I could say. Everyone KNEW that shit was going to go wrong. I ain't hating on JustPingo, I think he's swell. But, like, when a person says:

"Releasing soon."
"Releasing tomorrow."
"Something went wrong, releasing tomorrow"

You know for a damn fact that the end result of whatever the hell the person is making, is gonna be fucked up.

...Because I have done it before. Over 12 times with mmorpgs private servers. So, yeah.

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I just recently came back to GBATemp but as it seems nothing changed here.
People (that obviously have absolut no clue about coding at all and most likely kids) still need to call the developers especially the ones that find these exploits all kind of names.
Even thought at the end they will use their stuff to get their pirated games and most are not even honest about their intentions or have other strange justifications (yeah i will only play "my" backups of course, games are so expensive where i live, .... ;) ).
As long as they get "their" tools you are "god" for them but once they don't get it you are the biggest asshole or whatever.

And you really wonder why people leave or give a shit about this "scene" btw. "community" :glare:

Last edited by nIxx,

kje123

this title is false
Trophies
Website
kje123.github.io
XP
Country
United States
I just recently came back to GBATemp but as it seems nothing changed here.
People (that obviously have absolut no clue about coding at all and most likely kids) still need to call the developers especially the ones that find these exploits all kind of names.
Even thought at the end they will use their stuff to get their pirated games and most are not even honest about their intentions or have other strange justifications (yeah i will only play "my" backups of course, games are so expensive where i live, .... ;) ).

And you really wonder why people leave or give a shit about this "scene" btw. "community" :glare:

The only reason that 3DS homebrew barely goes anywhere is because of the toxic community that drives off devs.

Reactions: m_babble

kiwiis

キウィイス
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll just wait for Gateway's 10.3 SysNAND support for my other 3DS. They may take their time but at least they aren't sitting on exploits they could profit off of and at least they seem to be doing their own thing instead of putting a fancy GUI on top of sysUpdater...

Empu1

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yeah, sorry your having so many problems getting it to do anything lol. Took one guy I helped more than 20 some trys.

"Failed to get CIA file info!" is as far as I'm ever getting it seems. Something tells me my handheld is playing with me :mellow:
Just in case it's the update files themselves (which I HIGHLY doubt anyway) I checked the MD5 of 9.2.0-20U(Full)_n3DS and it seems I've got a match.

2cqfp6b.png

Completely off-topic edit:
Woo!! My 69th message ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited by Empu1,

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's so unfair how these people are coding and coding, and people talk shit about them. It's not like they are getting money for it or anything, they are doing it for free. For the hell of it. Shit, if I figured out something like this and nobody knew about it...And saw how people treat each other over the work they have done, fuck.

I would have said fuck all of you. This is my work, and none of you can have it. But, that's just me. You people should be honored that people waste their time on your asses.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

"Failed to get CIA file info!" is as far as I'm ever getting it seems. Something tells me my handheld is playing with me :mellow:
Just in case it's the update files themselves (which I HIGHLY doubt anyway) I checked the MD5 of 9.2.0-20U(Full)_n3DS and it seems I've got a match.

2cqfp6b.png

Ah, it just happens when the exploit fails. Just keep trying. It took me like 100 times to get past it.

Coleman_C18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

2cqfp6b.png
It can't find the folder with the cias.
Whats the name of your folder containing the cias? And confirm that its on the root of your SD

funnystory

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's so unfair how these people are coding and coding, and people talk shit about them. It's not like they are getting money for it or anything, they are doing it for free. For the hell of it. Shit, if I figured out something like this and nobody knew about it...And saw how people treat each other over the work they have done, fuck.

I would have said fuck all of you. This is my work, and none of you can have it. But, that's just me. You people should be honored that people waste their time on your asses.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ah, it just happens when the exploit fails. Just keep trying. It took me like 100 times to get past it.

He doesnt do it for us,he does it for the praise. No one does anything for free. He doesn't program KTR for YOUR benefit,he programs it for the admiration/adulation he is going to get from the community if he releases it. There are two sides of that blade my friend,if you play with fire you deserve to get burned.I can assure you he doesn't program this for our benefit lol.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He doesnt do it for us,he does it for the praise. No one does anything for free. He doesn't program KTR for YOUR benefit,he programs it for the admiration/adulation he is going to get from the community if he releases it. There are two sides of that blade my friend,if you play with fire you deserve to get burned.I can assure you he doesn't program this for our benefit lol.

I'm pretty sure all he's going to get if he releases now is shit talk. Nothing is going to change.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I feel mean for saying this, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt, but this is the second time he's promised something to the community and did not deliver. Even if there's something to this one, it's still not a complete project. I understand he has potential, but he never seems to fully commit to his projects, which is rather disappointing.
Edit: I am not trying to belittle or anything, it's just sad that he couldn't fully finish his work. It would be nice to see him finish a project for once. He has great potential, but he also tends to overdo things. If he waited until there was say, a beta ready before announcing his project, there would have been a lot less heat on him and he would have had something more stable to show. It's all about timing when it comes down to these kinds of projects and since there was already a downgrade process, he shouldn't have had the need to rush his out so fast. He just needs to commit and focus and could accomplish something great.

Last edited by The Catboy,

Empu1

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
DKB said:

100 Times? At this point I wouldn't doubt your claim at all :D

Coleman_C18 said:
It can't find the folder with the cias.
Whats the name of your folder containing the cias? And confirm that its on the root of your SD

SD:\updates
102 files in total
Should the folder be called just "update" instead of "updates"? I saw the name is supposed to end with an S over at the tutorial I mentioned before.

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
with the original wii someone leaked waninkokos backup loaders

Wrong. Even waninkoko got his information mainly from failOverflow btw. Team Twiizers back in the days and others (anybody remembers kwiirk who made USB loading possible) and only a beta got leaked. He honestly wanted that attention. And it honestly doesn't justify how people behave here.

Last edited by nIxx,
L

LuksaXD

https://twitter.com/JustPingo/status/685943086640459777

https://twitter.com/JustPingo/status/685945255187877889

to sysUpdater we go i suppose.

If you were planning to downgrade, go DOWNGRADE NOW ASAP (1/9/16) within the next couple days
before the possible firmware update from nintendont in tuesday (1/12/16).
(Possibility of soft-bricking and ability to just update to 10.3 throught Recover mode [L+R+U+A] to attempt to re-downgrade)

@JustPingo thx for the hype tho mang. if you're reading this take it easy on yourself :/ (let's all let the guy rest yeah?)

a-down-gradin we go folks:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-downgrading-your-3ds.407888/

BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR CHECKSUMS
OLD 3DS:

O3DS 9.2.0-20U:
MD5: 879f437d7c78f09ae565f79f5aa9c421
SHA-1: ccc272c495a84aa49f8db2da6072a79a73053e19?

O3DS 9.2.0-20E:
MD5: caec3e015bc065dd0ca512f219c8fc3c
SHA-1: 63f0e83892af0f43d159685b4d775e09360552e4?

O3DS 9.2.0-20J:
MD5: a7c14f50e553d99d93efd3a8dd4f8b9d
SHA-1: 422af53b07c270d65bf443d09736f3d1c540641c?

----------------

NEW 3DS:

N3DS 9.2.0-20U:
MD5: e5f40c3b155cfd12ef38be35d2e81d2e
SHA-1: 377c140377fb6cf31a0c032c4e1196cc521f87fe?

N3DS 9.2.0-20E:
MD5: 6dcca8fcbc9a28c82c2a4e5182f3acf8
SHA-1: e7c77bf205137167f1f1befa0c4db9d879a21a2e?

N3DS 9.2.0-20J:
MD5: f46677696ed4bf0e182de5a8168b7542
SHA-1: c9a1aaf4a4923fb5e065546da5c4a4da37aafdb2?

inb4 MASSIVE 3DS STABILITY UPDATE

A noob question,but what is checksums ?

Coleman_C18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
100 Times? At this point I wouldn't doubt your claim at all :D

SD:\updates
102 files in total
Should the folder be called just "update" instead of "updates"? I saw the name is supposed to end with an S over at the tutorial I mentioned before.
I mean you could try, my folder was "update" but it was also a version used way back on sunday. Newest versions should be "updates" so you should be fine.

LeSpaz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A noob question,but what is checksums ?
since we can't directly post links to the files we need, we use these numbers to compare the download files to ensure we have the right ones.
so once you download your necessary cia files from _______, then you can use md5 checker (http://onlinemd5.com/) to compare your sums to confirm you have the right zip file

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the kind of crap that happens when you don't shut the fuck up begging and spreading dumbass speculations because of you're bored and greedy. These developers owe us absolutely nothing and they do this stuff simply because they want to. I've waited patiently for this and you guys pissed him off so now none of us are getting a stable downgrade app. Thanks. I was sure I was going to not have to feel any risk downgrading to 9.2. I'll just assume Gateway's method will be worth the wait and leave on that note.

L

LuksaXD

since we can't directly post links to the files we need, we use these numbers to compare the download files to ensure we have the right ones.
so once you download your necessary cia files from _____, then you can usea md5 checker to compare your sums to confirm you have the right zip file
Thanks

Bull Moose 2016

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If he is really 16 like some people are saying, he is probably doing everything because he wants to get good at programming, and all the other motivations you're associating with him are really you projecting, to be honest.

Try to think about what you were doing when you were 16. You want people tearing that up, questioning your motives because of it, etc? Give me a break.

BTW I would like to see one thing any of you overblown critics have coded, please.

Reactions: m_babble

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WUOq1dlZWxI?si=LBlEJwZfwtWShljP lol Denmark can't handle the spice