Hacking Riivolution

bralph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing it would be fine, but I'm still pretty new to all this, so I want to make sure. CFG USBLoader is pretty much the only "hack" I have installed, and it's working great. I wanted to install Riivolution too, but it wants to install IOS37. Any reason I should be concerned about that? It claims to be perfectly safe, but I'm nervous about changing something that isn't broken...

I know I need to use the retail disc of NSMBW with Riivolution, but I just want to make sure installing IOS37 won't do any harm to my CFG USBLoader setup.

frubam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was using this for Tales of Symphonia 2 for the wii and I made an XML file and everything, but the files didn't do what I expected it to. When I used Riivo, when I tried to exchange the chars around, only the model was replaced(still had original chars moveset), but when I burned the disc, the char model AND moveset were replaced. I thought Riivo was supposed to work the exact same way. Am I missing something?

Deviling Master

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, i want to use this app to customize Disney Sing It.
I've already prepared all new songs and the new content.xml. I've successfully tried making the full iso. I only need an help to create the xml for Riivolution.

Someone can please help me?

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
frubam said:
So I was using this for Tales of Symphonia 2 for the wii and I made an XML file and everything, but the files didn't do what I expected it to. When I used Riivo, when I tried to exchange the chars around, only the model was replaced(still had original chars moveset), but when I burned the disc, the char model AND moveset were replaced. I thought Riivo was supposed to work the exact same way. Am I missing something?
Definitely should work, it's possible the file is slightly misplaced / not named properly. Using RiiFS instead of SD/USB is a good way to debug problems like these since you can see exactly what files it's reading and when.

QUOTE(Deviling Master @ Jul 11 2010, 12:03 PM) Hi, i want to use this app to customize Disney Sing It.
I've already prepared all new songs and the new content.xml. I've successfully tried making the full iso. I only need an help to create the xml for Riivolution.

Someone can please help me?
Just missed you on IRC; this should be your final XML: http://pastebin.com/RxL6w4Tt

ACCA919

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Is there a way to load the save from my vanilla game into Riivolution? Bc I'm planning to play a SMG2 hack that replaces the green stars

ACCA919

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Riivo uses your Wii's save by default unless save directory is changed by the XML
So I was looking into the hack pack, and I found a major problem: The hack does NOT support my disc, since it was the Chinese version (the savegame folder have SB4W01 (ZHTW) in it, but there's no Chinese LocalizeData). Is it possible to load the game in English mode? Or should I replace SD:\SMG2 The New Green Stars\SaveGame\SB4W01\GameData.bin with a compressed save I ripped from Save Game Manager GX?

Last edited by ACCA919,

FancyNintendoGamer567

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, you're one of the few people to own an actual Taiwanese Wii and copy of SMG2? Nice! But anyways, I know NTSC-J/NTSC-T consoles don't have access to an English language option. So you're best bet is that if you can, trying to changing your language to Japanese and see if it works.

ACCA919

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Oh, you're one of the few people to own an actual Taiwanese Wii and copy of SMG2? Nice! But anyways, I know NTSC-J/NTSC-T consoles don't have access to an English language option. So you're best bet is that if you can, trying to changing your language to Japanese and see if it works.
Ok, I'll try that later today, thanks! Also my Wii is a Japanese one, just a FYI. Would this work on a Japanese Wii U's vWii too?

Last edited by ACCA919,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto