LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone.

I know that most of you are probably moved on from Riiski but I'm still using it. I'm once again asking for help but not "deep" help. All I'm looking for is the step by step installation guide for Riiski and the code for preloader 0.25. I had the guide but I think I accidentally deleted it off my Mac. My SD card is already prepped so I don't need any files, per se, just the guide. Thanks in advance.

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install CIOSCORP and say screw preloader............. (IMO It's not worth the trouble.....) Either way I believe a search of the boards would be more effective for the code. It's that simple.......

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hells Guardian said:
Install CIOSCORP and say screw preloader............. (IMO It's not worth the trouble.....) Either way I believe a search of the boards would be more effective for the code. It's that simple.......

I searched the board multiple times and even went back 50 some odd pages and I still cant find the thread
frown.gif

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Preloader codes
.25 IRAIDU
.26 MARIUBRUZZA (can't remember if correct spelling)
.27 HARDLUMP
.28 must update from .27, no code needed

I just deleted the riskii pack from my pc last night. sorry man. You can probably look at the softmii guide and piece the steps together.

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as long as you have the sd card ready just run CIOSCORP Installer and then run the preloader install.

All you have to do after that is just configure Preloader as you would like to. Enable the hack ect. ect.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hells Guardian said:
as long as you have the sd card ready just run CIOSCORP Installer and then run the preloader install.

All you have to do after that is just configure Preloader as you would like to. Enable the hack ect. ect.

It's more than that because there's a step with Any Region Free also. I tried just installing Cioscorp and preloader to my friends system and ended up with the your files are corrupted message until we went back into preloader, loaded the HBC and installed system menu 3.3 to get him back to nirmal...that's why i wanted the detailed tutorial so that I properly install Riiski on his system

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have you tried looking at the softmii tutorial. should be pretty similar. Just get the softmii pack and follow that, should all be the same thing. just skip the end for the SoftMii tweaks.

Basically Phase 1 was HBC install with Twilight.
Phase 2 - downgrading to 3.2.
Phase 3 - install/configure preloader, then run the cIOSCORP installer.

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a working Riskii install already?

If not just start fresh following the softmii guide.

If you already do, I suggest just taking preloader .27 from the softmii pack, install it, and let it do the online update to .28, and use m-tek's Hacks.ini creator to make a new hacks.ini for .28

The only thing I see with softmii over riskii is the custom health screen stuff (which is completely optional and of no interest to me), and the downgrade process might have been changed slightly, which means nothing if you're already at 3.2.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SilverSurfR said:
Do you have a working Riskii install already?

If not just start fresh following the softmii guide.

If you already do, I suggest just taking preloader .27 from the softmii pack, install it, and let it do the online update to .28, and use m-tek's Hacks.ini creator to make a new hacks.ini for .28

The only thing I see with softmii over riskii is the custom health screen stuff (which is completely optional and of no interest to me), and the downgrade process might have been changed slightly, which means nothing if you're already at 3.2.

For my friend's Wii I will more likely do a clean install of Softmii. For myself (because I have a working Riiski install) I'm going to do what you said about installing preloader .27 I do have a question. If I wanted a custom health screen, how would I go about doing that? and can you do me a slight favor and translate the preloader .27 code into "wii buttons" for me or was .27 the version that did not require a code?

Edit: OK, Ignore what I said about instlling 0.27 of preloader. I just finished doing that and I'm at the newest version but I still want to know if it's possible to get custom health screens with my setup?

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry about the constant addons to this but I'm reading the instructions for Softmii and Ive just noticed that this is Riiski with one extra step at the end...Wicked cool! I don't feel so bad now
smile.gif
I like my system the way it is but it's nice to know that i will only have to perform the last step if I want to make the jump from Riiski to Softmii. Well before I go I just want to say thank you to all of you who put up with my constant questions. I would hug you all if I could but...oh well
tongue.gif
. Anywho, thanks again!

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No probs man. glad you got it all worked out.

In lieu of the custom health screen you might want to take a look at WiiCrazy's CrazyIntro. It's a dol you can autoboot via preloader that will display a jpg and play an mp3 from your SD card. Has some other cool features and IMHO it's a bit safer (no editing sysmenu .app files and loading them back into NAND)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, I love those cotton candy grapes.... so good!!!