Homebrew RiiConnect24 - WiiConnect24 Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

almmiron

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Games actually recognizes it? Kind of, to gain that voucher stuff in metroid prime 3, for example....?

Erikku

GBATemp's Official Cancer Treatment
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nice to see you guys have the news channel working again, somewhat ha ha. stupid question tho, don't know how to word this, but do you guys plan to bring back to have the recent headlines show on the News channeal the home menu again?

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there really a need to patch IOS31? Like what does it do? The guides that you have make it seem like all we have to do is change the DNS settings and then we will be connected. It just kinda mentions that you can patch it. Also, I followed the guide over at wiimmfi.de to get competitions back in Mario Kart Wii. Not sure exactly what it did but just wondering if patching IOS31 was one of those things or if I do try to connect to RiiConnect24 if that will somehow mess up competitions.

Erikku

GBATemp's Official Cancer Treatment
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there really a need to patch IOS31? Like what does it do? The guides that you have make it seem like all we have to do is change the DNS settings and then we will be connected. It just kinda mentions that you can patch it. Also, I followed the guide over at wiimmfi.de to get competitions back in Mario Kart Wii. Not sure exactly what it did but just wondering if patching IOS31 was one of those things or if I do try to connect to RiiConnect24 if that will somehow mess up competitions.
Patching ios31 with theirs allows the Wii to basically receive any edited files from them off of their servers, which I think is required for the news channel to even work imo

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Patching ios31 with theirs allows the Wii to basically receive any edited files from them off of their servers, which I think is required for the news channel to even work imo
I don't really care about the news channel. What I am really looking forward to is the Animal Crossing DLC. Will I need to have that IOS patch to receive the DLC or just changing the DNS settings are good enough?

CMM1215

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize if this is a really stupid question, but I'm not the most savvy and I'm a bit stumped.

I'm on a Mac and attempting to patch IOS31. I can't do that currently without "Mono," and I can't find any sort of indication as to what this is or where to find it and how to use it.

Any help is appreciated!

EDIT: Figured it out. :P Thanks anyway!!

Last edited by CMM1215,

ac3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks but I receive this error when running the script!
untitled.jpg

Pepois

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
@ac3ds I think you need the Nintendo IOS31 dumped off your WiiU first.
Yes, I would love to see Riiconect on the vWii too. I did dump all my IOSes a while a go but atm I'm on a trip, when I come back I'll check if we have such ios on the vWii.

Last edited by Pepois,

ac3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: I've gotten everything working! I patched my iOS 31 then installed it, then I used some settings editor homebrew. In that homebrew I turned wiiconnect24 on. Everything is working perfectly so far!

Pepois

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Update: I've gotten everything working! I patched my iOS 31 then installed it, then I used some settings editor homebrew. In that homebrew I turned wiiconnect24 on. Everything is working perfectly so far!
Was that on a Wii or vWii?

Thank you and either way, happy for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9w_UTPpHjg