Misc RiiConnect24 DNS Change

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Update, I mentioned this to a person which also said they heard of this issue but this is the first time that I'm hearing of this. They also experienced crashing. I guess that the WiiConnect24 scheduler task is partially in the way, maybe turning off access to the KD module on IOS would help? By the way I'm sorry if I was rude but I was surprised. I would have to investigate after Thanksgiving but I would hope this gets fixed on Nintendont even if FIX94 isn't very active since this is on them to fix it because this would specifically be an issue with all things which make use of WiiConnect24.
yeah there was a user if i recall that had PSO randomly crashing and i asked if he had riiconnect24 and he said yes and i ask him to remove and try again, and he said he didnt get any crash after that, if i recall that was the first report, the other 2 or 3 reports were about agent under fire second mission and some random reports about randomly games crashing that i dont recall anymore i think it was re4? or something along those lines and they also had riiconnect24 and wifi on and again turning wifi off did it.

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hmmm...Maybe it hasnothing to do with it but...

Do we know if the people with these issues use virtual memory cards? Could that affect it? I've read someone say that even on 6.486 it was crashing for them, and that has no BBA.

Because I do not, I use real ones, and I am having problems getting Agent Under Fire to crash, and have neither had pso crash on me.

Maybe not using it made me unable to see it because it did not use the memory that is needed for it? I sincerely don't know...

I just mention it because I'v read of people having issues with VMC, usually trying bigger sizes.

Last edited by Maeson,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hmmm...Maybe it hasnothing to do with it but...

Do we know if the people with these issues use virtual memory cards? Could that affect it? I've read someone say that even on 6.486 it was crashing for them, and that has no BBA.

Because I do not, I use real ones, and I am having problems getting Agent Under Fire to crash, and have neither had pso crash on me.

Maybe not using it made me unable to see it because it did not use the memory that is needed for it? I sincerely don't know...

I just mention it because I'v read of people having issues with VMC, usually trying bigger sizes.
almost everyone uses memory card emulation so yeah try using a virtual memory card, obviously when memory card is enabled more stuff gets used from ram and so on.

the people that had issues were using the standard 251 blocks virtual memory cards if i recall. not the bigger 1000+ ones i always look into that aswell.

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I see. I did not consider that, heck I did not even remember that was a feature because the only time I have ever used VMC is for a couple of japanese games I tried long ago, so I have very little experience with it, and even less so when reading about the issues it can cause, or people getting them corrupted.

Physical ones worked wonders for me so I had no reason for virtual ones.

I will try with vmc emulation whenever I can.

CheeseBurgerwithLove

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had similar issues when using 251 blocks and since then I changed to 59 blocks it no longer gave me problems.

So I recommend using this size to save games.

Larsenv

Dr. Wii, Ph.D
OP
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
If I could identify what version of Riiconnect I have, maybe it could help. I installed it, I think, in March 2020 (if the IOS wads I have lying around are to be trusted).

@Larsenv Can you help me there?
you can follow http://wii.guide/riiconnect24/ since forecast and news updated to get rid of the dns patch requirement

Last edited by Larsenv,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto