Not open for further replies.

FencingFoxFTW

Trophies
XP
Country
funny

this isnt working in my acekard2 with AIO firmware

file size limit maybe?

anyway, had to resample the adx files to make it work, but now i doesnt sound that good

PKGINGO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kerian said:
PKGINGO said:
My post was made late for me, so it was probably hard to understand. I meant to say if CP wanted it, he should ask me himself.

Also, I wouldn't call it really LQ, probably MQ. I'd cut the bit rate to 192 or as low as 128 if you can prove no commercial middleware or release a predone adx directly coded to adpcm from the CD if you cant. Just so you don't have to go out of your way to find the Tenchi no Present OST for one song.

I will NOT post any of the full albums because I don't want this to end up on the pirate bay. If you want the OST, I would buy it from a retailer to support NIS because they are the ones that did this great job.
Hm hm if you want to make adx files out of them, sure why not =O You could even create a patch yourself!
biggrin.gif

If you want to release them directly in (good quality and) adx format , go for it
biggrin.gif

EDIT: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=107...p;#entry1438726
Oh well, looks like you are already at it!
For anyone interrested in a Higher Quality JP Redub, that also inclused a complete replacement of the score with the PSX higher quality sound files, check out PKGINGOs thread.

I think you misunderstood slightly, this will only include one JP song, "Girls! To arms!", if I have the time after im finished with the psx files (for songs not on either OST), I will try to do a full JP release of the audio too, but don't expect until after the english is complete. I want to avoid problems like the ones Viteh had. Viteh, what size does your ROM have to be to be recognized?

FencingFoxFTW

Trophies
XP
Country
well my rom ended up being 127MB - one mb smaller than the original!

that's with resampled adx from 16khz wavs

with the next best settings, 22khz, only the title comes up, then gets a black screen when I begin a new game. If I use a game save it gets a black screen if I enter an area out of the initial town

maybe it's firmware related but I will test that later

PKGINGO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Viteh, I think I know whats happening. Your card probably has a 27bit pointer maximum. Quite an odd cap. Your game is actually a little bigger than the release of the game, since most carts are designed to fit in a designated size but rarely do they actually achieve the entire goal size. When the cards are dumped, the extra data is padded zeros, hence repacking usually gives favorable size reductions. You probably already knew this if you were re sampling adx audio though. Though, for quality reasons, your probably shouldn't be re sampling 4bit audio.

Theres a few things we can try. We can try putting a dummy padding file(maybe 20 megish? random data prefered, not zeros or FFs.) in the package folder leaving the audio as it is now for you. If the game acts strangely with the dummy padding, its probably safe to say this is a hardware or AIO restriction. I'm just trying to see if its a problem with the entire filesize, or buffering that large of a media file. Then we can conclude something has a 27bit pointer.

In this case, if its a software problem, there might be a workaround I can try, but it will be hard without an AK, and it will probably involve a special repack method too to put the media at the end. Then come streaming time, I'll have to steal one of the registers and somehow hack it to be a larger IP register..... very difficult without me knowing how I'm going to even start this...

edit: come to think of it, the IP in the DS is probably more than large enough as it works fine on other cards, so I'm stupid... This would have to be done at the AIO level somehow... maybe some crazy voodoo with dldi and having the songs externally on the card from the ROM.

FencingFoxFTW

Trophies
XP
Country
funny

went overboard with a 64 mb dummy, and it didnt even boot

with a 20mb dummy, it somehow got compressed. rom was 131mb. as with one of rge previous roms, it booted up, but black-screened after selecting new game

I'll try an official 256mb game later on, since I've been told they work without problems

FencingFoxFTW

Trophies
XP
Country
256mb rom works fine, so file size is not the problem I guess

Edit: found a solution!

problem wasnt exactly a pointer, it was the header

header.bin must be hex edited to change this

QUOTE said:
Header information:
0x00 Game title RHAPSODY
0x0C Game code CM6E (NTR-CM6E-USA)
0x10 Maker code NS
0x12 Unit code 0x00
0x13 Device type 0x00
0x14 Device capacity 0x0A (1024 Mbit)

to this

QUOTEHeader information:
0x00 Game title RHAPSODY
0x0C Game code CM6E (NTR-CM6E-USA)
0x10 Maker code NS
0x12 Unit code 0x00
0x13 Device type 0x00
0x14 Device capacity 0x0B (2048 Mbit)

FencingFoxFTW

Trophies
XP
Country
I guess ppl forgot about this

sorry for double posting but just wanted to add this(merge if needed)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NNNBO0GV

this fixes the rom header, just in case anyone is interested in this patch but just gets a black screen as I did. also included is a fixed song12.adx. that's the horn sound. now it sounds like the PSX version

INSTRUCTIONS

just extract the whole thing to the root of the rhapsody rom you are working on, then pack it

enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol