RGH3 Chipless Glitching!!

Aheago

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bits of advice before I forget:
For me J-runner wouldn't flash the RGH_Trinity.bin says it wasn't a ECC file, so I had to go into "Advanced>Custom Nand/Timing File Functions" Then select.. Command "Write" Size "16" then "Run" it says write failed for all blocks but Xell still booted and displayed my CPU Key :) (saw this tip on Reddit)
Don't boot Xbox with Nand Flasher still attached (I not 100% sure it's necessary, but I wouldn't do it ;)
everything else is in the Readme..
Apparently the best j runner update sometime this month will fix this

It will also auto convert to rgh 3 timings so you don’t need to use the python script or GUI tool

Reactions: ploggy

NewFang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, total noob here. Picked a white 360 at my local dump because I saw it there all sad and I couldnt help myself. No power cord so not even sure if it boots. I only want a modded console to play the leaked GE:XBLA mod. Nothing else. Researched what is takes to do the mod and quickly got turned off by how involved it seemed. Then ended up here. Which is cool and seems easier but still beyond my skill level. Everyone here seems to have experience. I've softmodded Wiis before but never anything like this. My question is, is this doable for a novice like myself? If no, anyone here have a cheap RGH console they want to sell? Lol. Thanks in advance.

Aheago

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, total noob here. Picked a white 360 at my local dump because I saw it there all sad and I couldnt help myself. No power cord so not even sure if it boots. I only want a modded console to play the leaked GE:XBLA mod. Nothing else. Researched what is takes to do the mod and quickly got turned off by how involved it seemed. Then ended up here. Which is cool and seems easier but still beyond my skill level. Everyone here seems to have experience. I've softmodded Wiis before but never anything like this. My question is, is this doable for a novice like myself? If no, anyone here have a cheap RGH console they want to sell? Lol. Thanks in advance.
If you’ve never soldered before I would not recommend doing this

Shadow_The_Hedgehog82

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
you can probably do it no problem, id recommend watching some louis rossman vids and just watch how he solders you'll pick things up just from seeing his technique. Improved my soldering quite a bit when I was starting out

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
you can probably do it no problem, id recommend watching some louis rossman vids and just watch how he solders you'll pick things up just from seeing his technique. Improved my soldering quite a bit when I was starting out
Slims are a lil tougher having to scrape mobo and point being small. Have done, falcon, trinity, corona so far all instabooting chipless. Amazing work to all involved!

KeinesR

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I have flashed my xbox about 11 or 12 years ago, i see this and i think it's amazing. just 1 question, how can i flash the files to the xbox 360?

Reactions: Donnie-Burger

Plstic

Guru Meditation Error
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So are glitch/modchips essentially irrelevant now unless you need some special feature like dual nand?
Yeah pretty much. I wouldn't doubt though that somebody is working on a version of dual nand that doesn't require a glitch chip. I have done 2 360's successfully with this method, 1 trinity and 1 jasper, each glitch instantly.

Reactions: ChibiMofo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: