RGH Slim 4G Update Failure now E79 Error

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Fun_Zephyr, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Fun_Zephyr
    OP

Fun_Zephyr GBAtemp Fan

Mar 19, 2008
    Victoria
    Hey Everyone,

I tried updating to the latest dash using this method (http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/2205-xebuild-freeboot-nand-update-tutorial/) on my jTag and my RGH (Slim 4G Model). It has worked perfectly fine before on both these consoles. I tried my jTag first and it worked flawlessly.

I then tried the slim and it failed miserably (unfortunately). Unfortunately when I went to screen capture I close the cmd prompt so do not have the error but from memory:

1. I was on DashLaunch 3.16 and update serv was enabled
    2. It found my console on the correct IP Address for the xbox beacon
    3. It failed to send flash data to console successfully
    4. Loaded Avatar Data Successfully
    5. Formatting HDD failed
    6. Then there was a warning line that told me not to try an update this console again until the issue was found and resolved

The only other things I can add are: I accidentally left my USB HDD in while doing this update - does that matter?

I can get into Xell and I I just found the update log file from the attempted update but did not want to post it all as it has CPU Keys etc and not sure if it should be posted with all that data. Part of the log file is:

Warning: Spoilers inside!

I can still load Xell but I do not have my original NAND on hand. Someone else completed the RGH so I am trying to get the NAND off of them

Is there anything else that I can do from here due to the console now turning on and stating E 79

Thanks in advance

Zephyr

P.s. It does have a 250Gb HDD added as extra storage to the 4Gb it came with - but removing that and placing it back in did not help anything - Still e79 (I assume I will need my original NAND and flash the firmware and update via Xell...?)

Last edited by Fun_Zephyr, Oct 17, 2015
  2. DinohScene

DinohScene Capture the Dino

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Other then rebuilding the NAND using Jrunner via this tutorial.
    Nope, be patient and wait for your NAND to arrive.

3. Fun_Zephyr
    OP

Fun_Zephyr GBAtemp Fan

Mar 19, 2008
    Victoria
    Many thanks for the response. I will be very patient and await the NAND to arrive. They said if they still have the NAND they will do the build I need and explain how to install

If the NAND is not given / found then I will look at the tutorial you supplied

I have no idea what went wrong - but I guess thems are the breaks. At least I still have a working jTag

It would be typical I have my jTag NAND but not the RGH Xbox NAND :(

P.s. Swizzy from RealModScene stated I can get my NAND via XeLL - any chance you or anyone knows how (Currently using google to find out too)

UPDATE: Got NAND via XeLL. Plugged Xbox into Router and it gets an IP Address. Use that IP Address from a WebBrowser and you can get you NAND and FUSES info + CPU Key. Rebuild NAND and place on root of USB FAT32 and then turn on XBOX. It flashes the NAND and away you go.

Then I successfully completed the upgrade to the latest dash but ensured I was on the LAN via Ethernet rather than Wifi and it ran smooth and fast

Last edited by Fun_Zephyr, Oct 17, 2015
  4. DinohScene

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Glad it got fixed out.
    Copy the working hacked NAND to a USB from yer 360 and back it up somewhere on yer PC, along with the CPUkey.
    Don't lose them, their extremely important.

5. Fun_Zephyr
    OP

Fun_Zephyr GBAtemp Fan

Mar 19, 2008
    Victoria
    I have my CPU Key and I have the backed up RAW NAND that I just grabbed from the Console last night. Both are backed up along with the fuses etc.

I normally have my backups but when I got this console hacked I never grabebd them (silly me). Two Valuable lessons learned. 1. Always have a backed up NAND and 2. If you are going to do an update via xebild on your home network ensure you use an ETHERNET cable instead of wifi :)

Thanks again for your posts. It is all a learning curve and valuable knowledge

6. DinohScene

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Indeed.
    Backup of the backup will also do.

No prob, good luck with it!

7. gjjjgg

gjjjgg Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2016
    United States
    I have the same problem same xbox 360 4gb I used your method to get the nand an cpu key here what i would like to know what do you mean by rebuild nand if you mean using jrunner or xebuild to make updflash.bin i did that but xell doesnt flash it i used rawflash and xell execute than every thing is black i heard i need to flash it manually (hardware) is that true ?? if can tell how you flashed yours that would be great thanks in advance.

8. DinohScene

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    You're able to boot into XeLL?
    If yes, you can flash a rebuild NAND (rehacked whatever) you made with JRunner with rawflash.
    If you're unable to do so, then the only thing left is to flash it with a hardware flasher.
    Either JRunner programmer or NAND-X or that maximus thing.

9. gjjjgg

gjjjgg Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2016
    United States
    I guess I'll have to get maximus thanks for you reply.

10. DinohScene

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Good luck with it.
    I personally prefer NAND-X or JRunner tho.

11. gjjjgg

gjjjgg Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2016
    United States
    ended up purchasing CORONA 4GB NAND RW KIT for $6.75 from aliexpress B-)